DL DAYLON MACK

TEXAS A&M

199: R6P26

DL JONATHAN LEDBETTER

GEORGIA

240: R7P26

OT YOSH NIJMAN

VIRGINIA TECH

i just stuck to the board and took the best guy who fit a need.  I don’t think it’s too realistic as I got three guys who will probably go in the first round.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ding!    Hey,  do I have your permission to think of this as yet another snarky cheap shot?

Call it whatever you want.

Or are you going to do what you did the last two posts to me....   claim the cheap shots you took were actually jokes and that you forgot to use an emoji to show they were meant to be jokes and that I'm just too sensitive.

Actually, I did that in one post not two and it was a joke and you are too sensitive.  If you are going to cry about something at cry about the truth.

In other words,  you crap the bed,  take no responsibility,  and blame someone else.

Who am I blaming?  And crap the bed is a phrase typically to indicate a mistake, I have made no mistake.  You are sensitive, you are not that complicated.  And you are on a mission to make sure fans on this board stay realistic with their expectations.

Which simply makes you a gutless coward.

LOL, if you say so. 

Here's a friendly tip on how to let someone know that your post to them was intended as a joke.   Try making it funny.  Always include The Funny!   That always helps.    I'm 62, and the next person to accuse me of not having a good sense of humor will officially be the first,  so that's not it.

Ahh that explains a lot.  You're not sensitive, you're just a cranky old man.

But feel free to be a man.   Step up and own your own stuff.    Don't take shots and then try to blame it on someone else.    Own it.    You're not my friend and you have no interest in being friends.    Friends don't treat others the way you treat me.    And I'm fine with it.   Except don't pretend it's anything than what it really is.    You want to take shots at me --- fine.    But don't pretend they're not, because we both know they are.   You're not fooling anyone, except maybe you.

No, you're not too sensitive {said sarcastically for those that can't tell)  And I do "own it" the only time I have claimed something was a joke was the one time it was a joke. 

And no, I really have no interest in being your friend, nor do I have any interest in you being my friend.  

12 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

NCF, I have generally enjoyed your posts in the past but you seem soooo uptight lately. Loosen up and smell the roses. Guys are just having fun and no one is getting hurt. It's Colt fans  wishing their team to a great season and beyond. Don't ostracize yourself from a bunch of fans who are wasting time trying to get thru the off season. 

You are taking yourself too serious.

Be prepared for a response about crapping the bed and owning it and friendship.  Yeah it was confusing to me as well.

On this site, how are people getting grades?  I ran a simulation and I could download my results but I didn't get a grade or a score.

image.thumb.png.f666d1bce402843b2727138ef8dfd6a8.png

Even though I'm a Michigan fan, I don't like the David Long pick, I just don't think he will make it in the NFL.  It seemed every time he fast a fast (not super fast just fast) receiver, he really struggled.

I was surprised he ran as fast as he did at the combine.  His 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle were in line with what I expected, but watching him play I thought he was going to be in the 4.6 range.

I get that these draft simulators are unrealistic to various degrees. However, this one seems WAAAY off course, and though I could not care less, and do not represent NCF, that may be the cause of his dismay. Maybe he'd feel better about it if this particular 'simulator' was posted in the Fantasy Football & Gaming section(?)

Heck, when FF practice drafts come up, many offer what you'd think is a realistic feel of how things may fall, and you can develop a strategy for your real draft. Others become a big waste of time because the first five people draft their favorite QBs...

Carry on.....

I always love these draft simulators they’re fun my draft looked a little bit like this 

1-26 DL- Ed Oliver 

2-2 DL- Dremont Jones 

2-27 WR- Paris Campbell

3-25 S- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

4-27 TE- Josh Oliver

4-33 CB- Alijah Holder

5-26 LB- Tyrel Dodson

6-26 Edge- Maxx Crosby 

7-26 WR- Darius Slayton 

wouldnt be upset with this AT ALL

On 3/4/2019 at 8:36 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Ummmmm......

This is what you wrote:   Seriously?  These aren't realistic?   I think they are as realistic as any draft there is.  Explain to me why they aren't realistic?

You may have been something,  but sarcasm wasn't it.    There is no sarcasm in your post.  

You asked a sincere question,  I gave you a sincere answer.    You're free to disagree,  but there's no sarcasm there....

Dude I wrote it because I knew you’d jump all over it. 

Stop with the hall monitor crap. 

27 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Dude I wrote it because I knew you’d jump all over it. 

Stop with the hall monitor crap. 

DUDE....     you continue to be your own worst enemy.

I wasn't talking to you when I was talking about the computer simulation games.    But YOU responded to ME.  

You asked a straightforward question.    I gave a straightforward answer.     And then you've been running away from it as fast as your internet feet can take you.    

There's no hallway monitor crap.    

You can live in whatever world you want.   But I try to live in the world of reality and facts.   And that's what I've offered you.

If that's too much for you to handle,  then simply don't respond to my posts.    That's how this exchange started.     Get a grip.

6 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

I always love these draft simulators they’re fun my draft looked a little bit like this 

1-26 DL- Ed Oliver 

2-2 DL- Dremont Jones 

2-27 WR- Paris Campbell

3-25 S- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

4-27 TE- Josh Oliver

4-33 CB- Alijah Holder

5-26 LB- Tyrel Dodson

6-26 Edge- Maxx Crosby 

7-26 WR- Darius Slayton 

wouldnt be upset with this AT ALL

I think you can afford to take Holder lower.   Possibly even much lower.

And this comes from a Stanford fan.....      Hope I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

DUDE....     you continue to be your own worst enemy.

I wasn't talking to you when I was talking about the computer simulation games.    But YOU responded to ME.  

You asked a straightforward question.    I gave a straightforward answer.     And then you've been running away from it as fast as your internet feet can take you.    

There's no hallway monitor crap.    

You can live in whatever world you want.   But I try to live in the world of reality and facts.   And that's what I've offered you.

If that's too much for you to handle,  then simply don't respond to my posts.    That's how this exchange started.     Get a grip.

And as I typed my response to your post.  I was laughing the whole time.  I shared with my wife what I was doing.  She chuckled.  And sure enough you bit it. Hook line and sinker.  

You are not not smarter than everyone yet you pretend to be.  I have NEVER read an X and O post from you.  Because I don’t believe you know much about football.  Plain and simple

I have been reading this forum for yrs before you followed Luck from Stanford 

You constantly correct everyone and it’s getting old.   

With th your response my point was proven.  You act as if you know more than everyone because you were part of the media or journalist or some crap.   But in reality I believe you are like most and repeat what your itching ears want to hear. 

(Some will get that)

Anyway.   I’m glad to leave you be.  But if you correct someone with your smarter than thou remarks.  I will be there respond. 

18 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

And as I typed my response to your post.  I was laughing the whole time.  I shared with my wife what I was doing.  She chuckled.  And sure enough you bit it. Hook line and sinker.  

You are not not smarter than everyone yet you pretend to be.  I have NEVER read an X and O post from you.  Because I don’t believe you know much about football.  Plain and simple

I have been reading this forum for yrs before you followed Luck from Stanford 

You constantly correct everyone and it’s getting old.   

With th your response my point was proven.  You act as if you know more than everyone because you were part of the media or journalist or some crap.   But in reality I believe you are like most and repeat what your itching ears want to hear. 

(Some will get that)

Anyway.   I’m glad to leave you be.  But if you correct someone with your smarter than thou remarks.  I will be there respond. 

Sorry....   but you mistake me for someone who cares about what you think.     With all due respect you hve consistantly demonstrated in ability to think clearly and logically.    Thinking is not exactly a strong suit of yours.    But you continue to attack me.

I'm sure you're not impressed by my "media background,  or journalism or some crap."    The uninformed often think just like you.    Congratulations.  

I don't know why you mention to me about X's and O's...   you don't do that either.    You offer opinions.    Good for you.     But in addition to my opinions I offer facts and that's where we seem to differ.

As for me constantly "correcting" posters....    I have no doubt that's your viewpoint.    My viewpoint is that I'm offering facts,  not opinions to explain why I'm responding as I do.   I have no doubt those posts bother you.    Facts are to you, as cryptonite is to Superman.    You try to get as far away from them as you can.

You're free to respond to any post I make,  I just don't think it's in your best interest.   Because if the best you can do with me is to tell me to knock off the "hallway monitor crap"   well, lets just say you're going to be disappointed.

Good luck to you.    Enjoy the website.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry....   but you mistake me for someone who cares about what you think.     With all due respect you hve consistantly demonstrated in ability to think clearly and logically.    Thinking is not exactly a strong suit of yours.    But you continue to attack me.

I'm sure you're not impressed by my "media background,  or journalism or some crap."    The uninformed often think just like

I'm sure you're not impressed by my "media background,  or journalism or some crap."    The uninformed often think just like you

Congratulations.  

I don't know why you mention to me about X's and O's...   you don't do that either.    You offer opinions.    Good for you.     But in addition to my opinions I offer facts and that's where we seem to differ.

As for me constantly "correcting" posters....    I have no doubt that's your viewpoint.    My viewpoint is that I'm offering facts,  not opinions to explain why I'm responding as I do.   I have no doubt those posts bother you.    Facts are to you, as cryptonite is to Superman.    You try to get as far away from them as you can.

You're free to respond to any post I make,  I just don't think it's in your best interest.   Because if the best you can do with me is to tell me to knock off the "hallway monitor crap"   well, lets just say you're going to be disappointed.

F ake N ews

28 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

F ake N ews

Ah......   not true....

The battle cry of the uninformed.

When you don't like that 1+1=2 and that it always has and always will...   you fall back and shout....  not true!

This is the world you live in when you can't even make a good argument over anything......

Good luck with this.....

p.s. -- Interesting...    I see that management has made that phrase unacceptable and has replaced it with something else....     OK.    I did not know that.

Very interesting...

26: R1P26

CB TRAYVON MULLEN

CLEMSON

34: R2P2

WR DK METCALF

OLE MISS

59: R2P27

WR HAKEEM BUTLER

IOWA STATE

89: R3P25

LB TRE LAMAR

CLEMSON

129: R4P27

EDGE PORTER GUSTIN

USC

135: R4P33

EDGE JALEN JELKS

OREGON

164: R5P26

CB BLESSUAN AUSTIN

RUTGERS

ill take my EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR and LOMBARDI to go 

26: R1P26

DL DEXTER LAWRENCE

CLEMSON

34: R2P2

DL ZACH ALLEN

BOSTON COLLEGE

59: R2P27

S CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON

FLORIDA

89: R3P25

DL KHALEN SAUNDERS

WESTERN ILLINOIS

129: R4P27

CB SEAN BUNTING

C. MICHIGAN

135: R4P33

G DRU SAMIA

OKLAHOMA

164: R5P26

LB BOBBY OKEREKE

STANFORD

199: R6P26

WR STANLEY MORGAN JR.

NEBRASKA

240: R7P26

EDGE SUTTON SMITH

N. ILLINOIS

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:56 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sure you're not impressed by my "media background,  or journalism or some crap."    The uninformed often think just like you.    Congratulations.  

Do you have a big board or draft grades we can check out, so we can make these mock drafts more realistic? I'd love to see some of those resources. 

13 minutes ago, Bshultz said:

Do you have a big board or draft grades we can check out, so we can make these mock drafts more realistic? I'd love to see some of those resources. 

I do...   but some of them are premium...   which means pay.

But ESPN has tons of material, but the best is premium.

But the best free material is on NFL.com.   Go there...   click on the links that say “combine” or “draft”.   Lance Zierlein is their draft analyst.   I think he’s quite good and he brings the unexpected benefit of being good friends with Chris Ballard!

When you get to those sections, Zierlein has profiles if every draft eligible player.    By name, by position, by school, and most importantly, by grade.   He lists 25 players per page.  If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.  

I know you’re new.   I’m sorry you had to deal with that unpleasant exchange as you did.   That was most...   unfortunate.

,With the combine in the books I ended up doing some mocks on the new Draft Network site. This one was my favourite, because it isn't too ridicolous but I still got players i like a lot.

Mockdraft 09.03

26. Wilkins has been talked about in this thread a lot and he appears as the most natural fit for          us this year. Heres hoping he will actually be available for us.

34. Risner is my favourite O-lineman this year. 3-year captain, First team BIG12 for 3 straight          years, all-american on multiple teams and started 50 out of 51 games. Strong as an oxe,                with the smarts to play anywhere on the line and excellent hand-usage. Got away with                some bad footwork because he could outmuscle anyone but I belive he can improve there          with better coaching. He has enough length(34" arms and 10+" hands) to play tackle and              take over the LT when Costanzo is no more. Meanwhile he could be an elite 6th man or                start at RG or RT.

59. Sills reads defenses well and understands how to effectively fake out DBs with his routes. 

His ball-tracking is best in the class and he is a beast on over the shoulder throws, which 

Luck is great throwing at.

89. Crosby fits the typical Ballard player profile. Small school with good production                            and athletic. Too bad he isn't a senior, so he couldn't go to the senior bowl.

129. Jackson is a bulky corner. Reminds me a lot of Quincy. Similar Ballskills and bullish press 

at the LoS. Surprised me with his 4.45 in the 40, thought he would be way slower. As a 

whole his combine was great. He is also a menace defending the outside against runs.

135. Jelks is a super long EDGE who lacks some wiggle but i think in this D his explosiveness off

the snap and his length is going to make him be effective. Would love to see him add 

10 pounds of muscle.

drafti.PNG

From the draft network,  this is what i came away with:

26.  Christian Wilkins IDL, Clemson

34.  Marquise Brown  WR, Oklahoma

59.  Taylor Rapp  S, Washington

89.  Michael Deiter  OT, Wisconsin

129. Khalen Saunders IDL, Western Illinois

135. Michael Jackson  CB, Miami

164. Hunter Renfrow  WR, Clemson

199. Devine Ozigbo  RB, Nebraska

240. Austin Bryant  EDGE, Clemson

1 minute ago, Virtuoso80 said:

From the draft network,  this is what i came away with:

26.  Christian Wilkins IDL, Clemson

34.  Marquise Brown  WR, Oklahoma

59.  Taylor Rapp  S, Washington

89.  Michael Deiter  OT, Wisconsin

129. Khalen Saunders IDL, Western Illinois

135. Michael Jackson  CB, Miami

164. Hunter Renfrow  WR, Clemson

199. Devine Ozigbo  RB, Nebraska

240. Austin Bryant  EDGE, Clemson

like this, although i really hope we get a S in the FA market, instead the draft. much better bang for the buck.

someone is going to get a steal with Renfrow IMO. he's a guy i could see blowing up in NE. Hurd is another WR i think that could be a huge steal at WR in the late rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to see a lot of guys move up and down. 

Used CBS's board (updated a few days ago), and Fanspeak needs.

Loved this draft for the most part. Wish I would have skipped Little and reached a bit further down to get the S or CB I wanted. But... love the top 3 (all should be almost instant starters), and lots of value R3 and below.

26: R1P26   DL CHRISTIAN WILKINS CLEMSON

34: R2P2   OT GREG LITTLE OLE MISS

59: R2P27  WR ANDY ISABELLA MASSACHUSETTS

89: R3P25  S AMANI HOOKER IOWA

129: R4P27   LB TE'VON CONEY NOTRE DAME

135: R4P33  RB BENNY SNELL  KENTUCKY

164: R5P26  CB MICHAEL JACKSON  MIAMI (FLA.)

199: R6P26   WR GREG DORTCH  WAKE FOREST

240: R7P26  G ALEX BARS   NOTRE DAME

• Like 1

I'd be stoked with this. Used the most updated (today) "Draft Countdown" for big board, and "NFL Mock" for team needs.

26: R1P26  DL DEXTER LAWRENCE CLEMSON

Run stuffer but more than adequate against the pass if needed given the guys around him. If Ballard is serious about stopping the run, this guy can definitely contribute right away on early downs.

34: R2P2  S TAYLOR RAPP  WASHINGTON

Was torn on this one, but think it was the right pick given available. Average in coverage but great hitter and fits. 

59: R2P27  WR DEEBO SAMUEL  SOUTH CAROLINA

Tough speedy fearless gamer. If he polishes, could play any WR position.

89: R3P25  RB DAVID MONTGOMERY  IOWA ST.

Good vision and power. Thought about going Snell here, but DM is more well rounded. Not a speedster, but great production. 

129: R4P27  CB JORDAN BROWN  SOUTH DAKOTA ST.

Small school stud who is raw but good ceiling. x-WR late bloomer at but was all conference, but also 3rd team AA overall.

135: R4P33  WR MILES BOYKIN  NOTRE DAME

Great combine, so might go earlier. Big body, good control, and could compete at X. 

164: R5P26  G ALEX BARS  NOTRE DAME

Hurt last year, but very promising. Was the best on ND's OL before injury.

199: R6P26   OT RYAN POPE  SAN DIEGO ST.

Another small school stud with high ceiling. Suspended, and jumped to the NFL early. Flag?

240: R7P26  TE ALIZÉ MACK  NOTRE DAME

IMO, not utilized well at ND, but has crazy ball skills. Definitely worth a shot in the 7th.

28 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

I'd be stoked with this. Used the most updated (today) "Draft Countdown" for big board, and "NFL Mock" for team needs.

26: R1P26  DL DEXTER LAWRENCE CLEMSON

Run stuffer but more than adequate against the pass if needed given the guys around him. If Ballard is serious about stopping the run, this guy can definitely contribute right away on early downs.

34: R2P2  S TAYLOR RAPP  WASHINGTON

Was torn on this one, but think it was the right pick given available. Average in coverage but great hitter and fits. 

59: R2P27  WR DEEBO SAMUEL  SOUTH CAROLINA

Tough speedy fearless gamer. If he polishes, could play any WR position.

89: R3P25  RB DAVID MONTGOMERY  IOWA ST.

Good vision and power. Thought about going Snell here, but DM is more well rounded. Not a speedster, but great production. 

129: R4P27  CB JORDAN BROWN  SOUTH DAKOTA ST.

Small school stud who is raw but good ceiling. x-WR late bloomer at but was all conference, but also 3rd team AA overall.

135: R4P33  WR MILES BOYKIN  NOTRE DAME

Great combine, so might go earlier. Big body, good control, and could compete at X. 

164: R5P26  G ALEX BARS  NOTRE DAME

Hurt last year, but very promising. Was the best on ND's OL before injury.

199: R6P26   OT RYAN POPE  SAN DIEGO ST.

Another small school stud with high ceiling. Suspended, and jumped to the NFL early. Flag?

240: R7P26  TE ALIZÉ MACK  NOTRE DAME

IMO, not utilized well at ND, but has crazy ball skills. Definitely worth a shot in the 7th.

I like a lot of the players you selected.  Montgomery is one of my favorite players in this draft and Brown one of my favorite small school kids. I love the Irish flavor. Barr and Boykins could be steals where they are picked. I think whete Mack goes is going to surprise you. I wish you could have found a way to get Tillery. 

The problem I have is I don't see us taking 2 WR's. The draft is supposed to be one of historic proportions at DL a point of focus for CB. We only draft 1 that would really surprise me.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I like a lot of the players you selected.  Montgomery is one of my favorite players in this draft and Brown one of my favorite small school kids. I love the Irish flavor. Barr and Boykins could be steals where they are picked. I think whete Mack goes is going to surprise you. I wish you could have found a way to get Tillery. 

The problem I have is I don't see us taking 2 WR's. The draft is supposed to be one of historic proportions at DL a point of focus for CB. We only draft 1 that would really surprise me.  

Tillery wasn't available :-). Montgomery will definitely be a great value. Won't likely be superstar, but will be a solid starter, or very good back up. I like Snell too, but he's less well rounded. He is definitely a power guy though.

I think we have plenty of good pieces on the DL. Getting Houston and guy like Lawrence  is a big boost in both passing and running downs. I think you will be surprised at the shuffling that's going to happen. When the dust settles, we're going to have a top 10 front 4 IMO. 

On WR, I doubt we take 2 either, but I would not be shocked in the slightest if we do. One big possession guy, and one small speedster. 

Take a look at Pope (OL) when you have a chance. I'd take him in a heartbeat in the 5th or later. If he has his head on straight, he'll be as starter.

18 hours ago, stitches said:

I've come down on Jones too, but worth pointing out that speed is not anywhere close to the most important thing for interior linemen. 

I think he was a late bloomer. He's athletic (played bball) and had pretty good "game" speed. while i like others more, i can see him developing into a very solid starter if he takes S&C seriously.

19 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

Is Draft Simulator free?

yes. and easy. 

there's others out there that's i've tried, but this one has been my fav. i like that you can select different big board ratings (updated regularly and you can preview), and also from multiple team needs. 

On 3/30/2019 at 10:11 PM, akcolt said:

On the Clock came out with their composite board finally.

This time, got Tillery. Could go either way on Montgomery/Snell and Wilson/Mack. Coney was available so I grabbed a LB, but didn't get a G. I really love the 6th and 7th round picks lol. 

26: R1P26  DL JERRY TILLERY  NOTRE DAME

34: R2P2  WR DEEBO SAMUEL  SOUTH CAROLINA

59: R2P27  S JUAN THORNHILL  VIRGINIA

89: R3P25  LB TE'VON CONEY  NOTRE DAME

129: R4P27  RB BENNY SNELL  KENTUCKY

135: R4P33  TE CALEB WILSON  UCLA

164: R5P26  WR MILES BOYKIN  NOTRE DAME

199: R6P26  CB JORDAN BROWN  SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

240: R7P26  OT RYAN POPE  SAN DIEGO ST.

• 4 weeks later...

Fanspeak's On The Clock is updated for those who want to run a simulation with what is left, and our new picks. https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/live/index.php

Here's my first update using CBS's updated aggregate 

34: R2P2  WR  A.J. BROWN

OLE MISS

46: R2P14  OL DALTON RISNER

KANSAS ST.

59: R2P27  S TAYLOR RAPP

WASHINGTON

89: R3P25 DL RENELL WREN

ARIZONA ST.

129: R4P27  WR ANTHONY JOHNSON

BUFFALO

135: R4P33  RB DEVIN SINGLETARY