Jump to content
Lucky Colts Fan

Best Position Group - Pre-FA and Pre-Draft

Which position group is the best?  

59 members have voted

  1. 1. Which position group is the best?

    • QB
      28
    • HB
      1
    • WR
      3
    • TE
      1
    • OL
      15
    • DL
      7
    • LB
      1
    • DB
      2
    • ST
      1


Recommended Posts

Which Colts position group is the best right now?

 

QB - Best player = Andrew Luck  --  quality backup in Jacoby Brissett - arguably the best QB duo in NFL

 

HB - Best player = Marlon Mack  --  Nyheim Hines and Jordan Wilkins make good, young, versatile RB committee

 

WR - Best player = TY Hilton  --  lots of competition behind Hilton

 

TE - Best player = Eric Ebron  --  solid group with Jack Doyle the swiss-army-knife

 

OL - Best player = Quenton Nelson  --  good young core with Kelly and Smith

 

DL - Best player = Jabaal Sheard  --  very deep group with Turay, Lewis, Hunt, Woods, etc.

 

LB - Best player = Darius Leonard  --  great duo with Anthony Walker wearing the green dot

 

DB - Best player = Malik Hooker  --  Kenny Moore providing spark for underappreciated group

 

ST - Best player = Adam Vinatieri  --  Rigo a solid counterpart for the kicking duties

 

A logical followup question to this survey would be "which position group needs the most improvement in FA and the draft?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think our best group is QB with Luck starting and Brissett as the backup.

 

OL and LB are next with All-Pros in Nelson and Leonard leading their respective groups.

 

I think WR and DL need more playmakers, and hopefully we land a few in FA and the draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked special teams, just as QB is to its own category do to what you need for that position. With Vinny, Rigo, and probably Rhodes for special teams I feel they are the best overall and best contributor to the entire game. Unlike QB you will see these 3 almost every game, unless we dont have a field goal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck is the obvious but outside of that is the TE group hands down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I picked special teams

 

You would, with a username like PuntersArePeopleToo...  just kidding!  haha  I do think our ST are probably the most solid group, meaning they are set and don't need to necessarily improve.

 

This will be Lucks' first real offseason in like three years, and the playoff game in KC showed he still has room for improvement in his game.

 

Every other position group could use a little competition to improve performance, but the ST just needs to keep doing what they've been doing.  :thmup:  My only concern is if Vinny can keep it up for another full season.  :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

You would, with a username like PuntersArePeopleToo...  just kidding!  haha  I do think our ST are probably the most solid group, meaning they are set and don't need to necessarily improve.

 

This will be Lucks' first real offseason in like three years, and the playoff game in KC showed he still has room for improvement in his game.

 

Every other position group could use a little competition to improve performance, but the ST just needs to keep doing what they've been doing.  :thmup:  My only concern is if Vinny can keep it up for another full season.  :dunno:

Haha, I have no clue what you mean :). And ya I agree that is why I decided to go with them. Only one that no upgrade is necessary and provide more on gameday. 

 

I missed part of the game shoveling. From what I saw he needs to gain a pump fake. Hopefully continues to improve and he always believe he needs to. 

 

Our fourth down army has been good for so long we kinda take it for granted. The hope is they just keep it going the way they have for years. Hopefully his bad games last year was the groin and a full offseason of healing will fix it and he can go back to being the goat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I accidently picked WR because I thought you meant NFL Draft group. As far as this question is concerned, I'll say QB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I accidently picked WR because I thought you meant NFL Draft group. As far as this question is concerned, I'll say QB.

 

Exact same deal with me for WR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I eliminated QB, that’s obviously complete.  

 

To me, it came down to Oline or TE.  I took Oline because of the TE group has a lot of “if’s”.  If Doyle is healthy, if MAC continues to develop, if Travis can get healthy, etc.

 

What’s really shown here is that except for QB, we really should take the BPA for just about every draft pick, regardless of position.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked OL... because for the first time in decades as a Colts fan it wouldn’t get me laughed out of the room. :lecture:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pacolts56 said:

I picked OL... because for the first time in decades as a Colts fan it wouldn’t get me laughed out of the room. :lecture:

Truth to that for sure.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is strange reading this thread.

I can't recall where so many areas of the Colts were talked about in a positive outlook.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well what a * I am, thought this was a strength of position at the Combine.  lol

I said DL, My vote for the Colts... OL

That was fun to say.:woah:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB and OL for me. 

 

It's more interesting to me what people think is the worst position group. I'd say DL, then DB. WR was crap last year aside from TY. Lot's of "potential", but we need a stud #2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still want to see more progression in the short yardage power running plays, with this line we are building now, there shouldn't be any excuse.  I like play action pass sometimes to keep the defense honest, but not on every short yardage play.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just chatting with buds on the topic of FA. The best values in FA are typically S and LB. We have a ton cap space. Solving for those two plus one of the bigger needs (Edge, interior DL, WR, CB) should be doable. Can't wait for the start of FA next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 10:25 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Luck is the obvious but outside of that is the TE group hands down.

With Doyle in questionable health and injury prone, and all the others either injury prone or gone, I disagree.  I would consider picking up a young TE in the draft so we are not caught with only Ebron (or worse imagine if he gets hurt) should Doyle not return to his former self.  TE is our most important position after OL and QB, even more than WR in my opinion.  We STARTED last season with it as our best group, but limped badly into the post season short handed.  I'd love a surprise pick of a stud TE if one fell into our hands.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 9:32 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Which Colts position group is the best right now?

 

QB - Best player = Andrew Luck  --  quality backup in Jacoby Brissett - arguably the best QB duo in NFL

 

HB - Best player = Marlon Mack  --  Nyheim Hines and Jordan Wilkins make good, young, versatile RB committee

 

WR - Best player = TY Hilton  --  lots of competition behind Hilton

 

TE - Best player = Eric Ebron  --  solid group with Jack Doyle the swiss-army-knife

 

OL - Best player = Quenton Nelson  --  good young core with Kelly and Smith

 

DL - Best player = Jabaal Sheard  --  very deep group with Turay, Lewis, Hunt, Woods, etc.

 

LB - Best player = Darius Leonard  --  great duo with Anthony Walker wearing the green dot

 

DB - Best player = Malik Hooker  --  Kenny Moore providing spark for underappreciated group

 

ST - Best player = Adam Vinatieri  --  Rigo a solid counterpart for the kicking duties

 

A logical followup question to this survey would be "which position group needs the most improvement in FA and the draft?"

I disagree on TE best player I think it is Jack Doyle and he is much more valuable and he doesn't drop nearly as many balls, he's a much better blocker and is much smarter. I know Ebron caught more TD's okay but if it wasn't Ebron it would have been someone else I'm obviously not a fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 2:50 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I accidently picked WR because I thought you meant NFL Draft group. As far as this question is concerned, I'll say QB.

I picked DB because I thought he was talking about the 2019 draft group too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 9:32 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Which Colts position group is the best right now?

 

QB - Best player = Andrew Luck  --  quality backup in Jacoby Brissett - arguably the best QB duo in NFL

 

HB - Best player = Marlon Mack  --  Nyheim Hines and Jordan Wilkins make good, young, versatile RB committee

 

WR - Best player = TY Hilton  --  lots of competition behind Hilton

 

TE - Best player = Eric Ebron  --  solid group with Jack Doyle the swiss-army-knife

 

OL - Best player = Quenton Nelson  --  good young core with Kelly and Smith

 

DL - Best player = Jabaal Sheard  --  very deep group with Turay, Lewis, Hunt, Woods, etc.

 

LB - Best player = Darius Leonard  --  great duo with Anthony Walker wearing the green dot

 

DB - Best player = Malik Hooker  --  Kenny Moore providing spark for underappreciated group

 

ST - Best player = Adam Vinatieri  --  Rigo a solid counterpart for the kicking duties

 

A logical followup question to this survey would be "which position group needs the most improvement in FA and the draft?"

WR, edge rusher, DL to answer your follow-up question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...