2016: QB Payton Lynch - Falcons 

2015: WR Breshad Perriman - Ravens 

2014: LB Marcus Smith - Eagles 

2013: DE Datone Jones - Packers 

2012: OLB Whitney Mercilus - Texans 

2011: WR Jonathan Baldwin - Chiefs 

2010: NT Dan Williams - Cardinals 

2009: OLB Clay Matthews - Packers 

Of these 10, only 4 are still on the team that drafted them: Ridley, McKinney, Mercilus, and Matthews.  Jonathan Baldwin and Dan Williams are currently out of the NFL. 

Other notable 26th picks in history: 

* = HOF 

2008: T Duane Brown - Texans 

2007: LB Anthony Spencer - Cowboys 

2002: CB Lito Sheppard - Eagles 

1998: G Alan Faneca - Steelers 

1996: *LB Ray Lewis - Ravens 

1993: DT Dana Stubblefield - 49ers 

1992: DE Robert Porcher - Lions 

1991: S Henry Jones - Bills 

1987: QB Jim Harbaugh - Bears 

1984: RB Greg Bell - Bills 

1983: C Don Mosebar - Raiders 

1979: T Kent Hill - Rams 

1975: CB Dave Brown - Steelers 

1973: *G Joe DeLamielleure - Bills 

1969: T Dave Foley - Jets (AFL All-Star)

1959: RB Wray Carlton - Eagles (3rd round)

1950: End Jim Martin - Browns (3rd round) 

1949: C Bill Walsh - Steelers (3rd round)

• Like 1

Not the greatest list outside of Matthews, Ridley, and Mercilus in the last 10 years.

Hoping that Ballard is able to manipulate the draft to where he picks players where they are valued. Meaning moving up if a player they are targeting won't last to them, or moving down if they feel that player will still be available after trading down. 

Just now, MPStack said:

Makes no sense to me when the Colts are picking 7 selections later. 

Trade up for a blue chip prospect or stay at 26th IMO.

Ballard is all about stockpiling picks. If he can add more picks to this year and next year, he'll do it. He values draft picks a lot.

• Like 2

2016 Paxton Lynch should be the Broncos, right?

Future 1st, and a current 2nd and 3rd from a QB needy team like the Dolphins or Giants, prime spot for a team that needs QB to get back into Round 1 to get a QB for 5 years with the 5th year option.

I am hoping that happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

2016 Paxton Lynch should be the Broncos, right?

Future 1st, and a current 2nd and 3rd from a QB needy team like the Dolphins or Giants, prime spot for a team that needs QB to get back into Round 1 to get a QB for 5 years with the 5th year option.

I am hoping that happens.

Yes, you're right about Lynch. Had two Falcons in a row so I must have lost track.  I would be interested in the trade you outlined, but what QB do you think will still be available at around #26 that is worth a 1st rounder? I feel like Murray, Haskins, Lock, and Jones will all be off the board by #26.  Maybe Will Grier?

45 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

Yes, you're right about Lynch. Had two Falcons in a row so I must have lost track.  I would be interested in the trade you outlined, but what QB do you think will still be available at around #26 that is worth a 1st rounder? I feel like Murray, Haskins, Lock, and Jones will all be off the board by #26.  Maybe Will Grier?

I feel one of Jones or Murray will be on the board. 

This was a fun read.  Thanks for posting. 

Ballard will chuckle at the QB scramble as other players get pushed downward.  26 and 32 are strategically valuable picks and are open to manipulation in either direction.  I hope we trade down from both spots unless "our guys" are magically there in those positions.

On a personal note,  I especially like the 1987 pick at #26.  Jim Harbaugh's performance vs. the Steelers in the AFC championship game inspired me to become a Colts fan.  I'm a native New Yorker who grew up in a Raiders household via my father but became disillusioned over what, by my time, had simply become a "Commitment to Cash" mantra.  I have lived in Las Vegas for the past 13 years and have no plans to rekindle a Raider romance simply by proximity.  I am a Colts fan for life.  I love the Colts and I love our fans.  My name is even Blue.  True story.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BluHorzhu said:

Ballard will chuckle at the QB scramble as other players get pushed downward.  26 and 32 are strategically valuable picks and are open to manipulation in either direction.  I hope we trade down from both spots unless "our guys" are magically there in those positions.

On a personal note,  I especially like the 1987 pick at #26.  Jim Harbaugh's performance vs. the Steelers in the AFC championship game inspired me to become a Colts fan.  I'm a native New Yorker who grew up in a Raiders household via my father but became disillusioned over what, by my time, had simply become a "Commitment to Cash" mantra.  I have lived in Las Vegas for the past 13 years and have no plans to rekindle a Raider romance simply by proximity.  I am a Colts fan for life.  I love the Colts and I love our fans.  My name is even Blue.  True story.  

I was at that 1995 Colts / Steeler game.

most people think first of the hail mary or "slash" stepping out of the end zone.  The play that i lost sleep over was the shoestring tackle of Lamont Warren:

I think it was following year i was at hall of fame game Colts vs Saints.

if you can ever go to a hall of fame game go.  (Unless they use the wrong field paint again).  I was able to get up close and personal with the players.  Met Deacon Jones too.  Maybe it has changed.

Funny story.  My brother (steeler fan) got us tickets again for 1996 steelers vs colts playoff as a surprise.  However a girl i was dating and i had plans to go to Martha's Vineyard for the week.  So i kept sneaking to the tv to see the game.  My girl wasnt as happy as me as most of the game she was trying to coax me into the bubble bath she was waiting in.  I finally relented when the game got out of hand.  I then took my frustration out on her, so to speak.  Hey, a guy's gotta have priorities.

ps.... EVERY football fan needs to visit the hall at least once.  There are some SERIOUSLY cool things in there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BluHorzhu said:

Harbaugh is how I became a colts fan also. I grew up mostly out west and was a ninet fan. I also lived in Vegas two different times totaling about 5-6 years.  I loved the Harbaugh years because they always seemed to take down the cowboys and niners. The crap stirred that I was always bet on colts against all my buddies lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

The play that i lost sleep over was the shoestring tackle of Lamont Warren

yes.  And i to this day blame faulk for it.  Turf toe.  b.s.   if he was in that game that tackle doesn't happen.  I don't even think it would be that close of a game.