Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 NFL Combine Measurements, Athletic Testing, Interviews, etc

Jerry Tillery had a good day today. Looked fluid enough as an athlete which would be his biggest knock. If Ballard want's him, he might need to take him at #26 with the Pats needing iDL help as Brown and Shelton being FA's this month. I was watching him chat with the media, he spoke quite well. He had a dirty game a couple of years ago as a freshmen, but I don't see any character concerns with the older him.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 12:49 PM, NewEra said:

That's false. If you measure something and it comes out to 1:4 it's a 1/4 NOT 2/8. Reason being is there's four 1/4's in one inch

i dont follow you, there are also 8 1/8s in an inch.  i was talking more about math problems than measurements though.  if you only have 4 of something then you wont get an answer in eighths anyway 

• Like 1

CBs 40 times(unofficial) going on now:

DeAndre Baker 4.53

Corey Ballentine 4.48

Kris Boyd 4.45??? He didn't look this fast on tape. 

Blace Brown 4.76

Jordan Brown 4.53

Sean Bunting 4.43

Hamp Cheevers 4.55

Xavier Crawford 4.50

Devante Davis 4.58

Jamel Dean 4.31 ???? WOW! I liked him more than most on tape. I had no idea he would run this fast though?!?! He's got 3? knee injuries in the past though

Rashad Fanton 4.53

Mark Fields 4.37

Montre Hartage 4.69

Alijah Holder 4.65

Michael Jackson Sr 4.46 - good time for him

Lonnie Johnson 4.52

Isaiah Johnson 4.40 - this is great time for a long corner

Justin Layne 4.50

Iman Marshal 4.54

David Long 4.47

Julian Love 4.54

Jordan Miller 4.49

Trayvon Mullen 4.46

Byron Murphy 

Amani Oruwariye 

Jamal Peters 

Ryan Pulley 

Derrek Thomas

Ken Webster

• Like 1

Byron Murphy 4.55 

Amani Oruwariye  4.48 - good time for him

Jamal Peters 4.66

Ryan Pulley 4.62

Derrek Thomas 4.45

Ken Webster 4.49

Greedy Williams 4.38... yep... expected

Joejuan Williams 4.65... hm... expected better... might not be draft riser after all

Rock Ya-Sin 4.58

17 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

Jerry Tillery had a good day today. Looked fluid enough as an athlete which would be his biggest knock. If Ballard want's him, he might need to take him at #26 with the Pats needing DL help as Brown and Shelton being FA's this month. I was watching him chat with the media, he spoke quite well. He had a dirty game a couple of years ago as a freshmen, but I don't see any character concerns with the older him.

I am on board for him at #26 if he is available.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am on board for him at #26 if he is available.

He's one of my favorites. There is a real chance he will be in my top 10-15 players at the end of process. Something I heard that I don't know how to evaluate - reportedly some scouts in the league have concerns about his dedication to football. He's supposedly "too worldly and has interests outside of football"... I never knew how to evaluate this type of stuff... On tape he's a great prospect. 

For a Day 3 CB pick, Iman Marshall of USC intrigues me. He is very much a play off the WR type of CB that can occasionally be called to play press that he is not great at but good enough at, and would fit our system real well, I feel.

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

He's one of my favorites. There is a real chance he will be in my top 10-15 players at the end of process. Something I heard that I don't know how to evaluate - reportedly some scouts in the league have concerns about his dedication to football. He's supposedly too "worldly and has interests outside of football"... I never knew how to evaluate this type of stuff... On tape he's a great prospect. 

So, bottom line, it would come down to his interviews, and I am confident that Ballard and folks would have their work done right at the combine on that aspect. 

I don't have access to the full article but can someone with NDInsider access tell us what this says:

https://www.ndinsider.com/premium/football/former-notre-dame-dt-jerry-tillery-emphasizes-football-as-his/article_063c3634-0f3b-51e5-9f83-185f009432b7.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

So, bottom line, it would come down to his interviews, and I am confident that Ballard and folks would have their work done right at the combine on that aspect. 

Combine interviews aren't long enough (for teams, but more than enough for players! haha ) for most to get a true evaluation of the player.

Most likely, anyone the Colts might draft in rounds 1 and 2 or possibly in 3 will be brought in for a personal workout.  Those are very important to most GM's/Clubs.

There they will perform (without a pre-set script) focusing items that fit our scheme, and a go through a detailed interview (especially if there are some red flags).  Betting Brian Decker is involved on those.

Then we'll bring in someone (or 2) we have no intention of drafting early as a smoke screen. And might draft one early without personal workout.

Safeties running the 40s(unofficial times):

Jonathan Abram 4.45

Ugo Amadi 4.52

John Battle 4.68

Mike Bell 4.84

Marquise Blair 4.48 nice

Lukas Denis 4.65

D'Cota Dixon 4.81

Malik Gant 4.64

Chayncey Gardner-Johnson 4.49 damn... that's nice. He might be getting in R1 consideration

Saquan Hampton 4.48

Will Harris 4.42

Amani Hooker 4.49

Jaquan Johnson 4.69

Mark McLaurin 4.80

Sheldrick Redwine 4.45

Darnell Savage Jr 4.37 - nice time for a safety

Juan Thornhill 4.43 - WOW, he's having a great combine so far after jumping 44 inches in the vertical. 

Darius West 4.40

Khari Willis 4.56

Andrew Wingard 4.59

Zedrick Woods 4.37

Evan Worthington 4.69

Chris Ballard's quotes from the combine:

Chris Ballard: #1 thing there's gotta be a sense of humility, to where they want to get better. They can take coaching, they can take criticism. You'll sit in a room with a kid, and you'll show him things he's doing wrong, and how he reacts to it, whether he reacts defensively, or does he say, 'you know what, those are things I really need to improve on'"

• Thanks 1