Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CFL Team Dumps Manziel

pacolts56

Pretty obvious this was going to happen. Don't know why he's still in the news anyway. This guy has never done anything of relevance since college. There should be zero attention on him at this point. Even Trent Richardson is better and has done more in the AAF and NFL that's news-worthy than Manziel has done anywhere post-college.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Pretty obvious this was going to happen. Don't know why he's still in the news anyway. This guy has never done anything of relevance since college. There should be zero attention on him at this point. Even Trent Richardson is better and has done more in the AAF and NFL that's news-worthy than Manziel has done anywhere post-college.

Sad but true. 

• Like 1

Manziel really wasn't even a good QB coming out of college when you pop on the film.  Most of it was made off his athleticism and running around creating from nothing.  He had very poor mechanics and he'd take off running at the drop of a hat.  And of course he's never really put in  the necessary work it takes to get to a better place. That's bad when you're getting cut from a CFL team.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wonder what he did, it doesn't say. Just wow!

I live in Canada and watch CFL. Contrary to many peoples beliefs the CFL talent is not that bad, clearly lagging the NFL but not as bad as people seem to think.

Manziel simply sucked, really bad. He got 4 starts and he was horrible, 4 INT is his first start.

16 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Come on now, I was pretty stupid when I was younger. Didn't really grow up until 40ish. People can and do change

I agree, a person can change.  However,if he waits till he is 40 years to grow up, his career will long be gone by that point

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2019 at 8:47 AM, krunk said:

Manziel really wasn't even a good QB coming out of college when you pop on the film.  Most of it was made off his athleticism and running around creating from nothing.  He had very poor mechanics and he'd take off running at the drop of a hat.  And of course he's never really put in  the necessary work it takes to get to a better place. That's bad when you're getting cut from a CFL team.

There where so many signs about his personality too.  Got a parking ticket at college and got on twitter and talked about how he couldn't wait to get out of there.  Did tons of partying in college.  Got kicked out of the Manning Passing academy because he got hung over and didn't show up.

Everyone should have known that this was not the guy you wanted leading your franchise.  

14 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Jacksonville will be looking for a quarterback, and Manziel is now available....j/k

It would help the Colts, though. 

If Manziel gets an opportunity to play again on an nfl team again, I suspect so will take a knee. I hope neither of them ever see the league again. 

22 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Everyone should have known that this was not the guy you wanted leading your franchise.  

An item teams do not mention, but is a very real concern, they actually do want prospective draft picks to "Need it", not just want it.

That said, besides Johnny's character flags, his family was full of money. He doesn't need football for a living.  He needs to grow up to get past his obstacles.  Cash isn't one.

I'll give 2 more examples-

Josh Rosen. Besides his own character items, he has suffered concussions.  He is smart too. His dad is a spinal surgeon. They have money, and the Dad might demand more medical transparency when it comes to concussions/spine injuries.  I think Kingsbury really wants to move on from him, but into another potential IED listed below- Kyler Murray.

https://www.insidesources.com/josh-rosen/

Kyler Murray. Was 9th overall selection in MLB draft. Athletics and Murray agree to 4.66 million contract, but let Murray play football in Oklahoma in the fall.  Murray had monster year, and vaulted to a potential #1 pick.  Murray decides to go to the NFL, supposedly full in.  But do not miss the fact if things go South at some point, he could change his mind and bolt to Oakland.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/kyler-murray-commits-to-nfl-over-baseball-what-that-means-for-the-oakland-athletics/

Russel Wilson will attend spring training this year for the second time in a row.  He doesn't need baseball, but that avenue is open.  Many teams are very concerned with talented players that don't really 'Need_It'.  They get taken, but by risk takers or those with few alternatives.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-will-attend-spring-training-with-the-yankees-again-in-2019/

On 3/2/2019 at 9:01 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

An item teams do not mention, but is a very real concern, they actually do want prospective draft picks to "Need it", not just want it.

That said, besides Johnny's character flags, his family was full of money. He doesn't need football for a living.  He needs to grow up to get past his obstacles.  Cash isn't one.

I'll give 2 more examples-

Josh Rosen. Besides his own character items, he has suffered concussions.  He is smart too. His dad is a spinal surgeon. They have money, and the Dad might demand more medical transparency when it comes to concussions/spine injuries.  I think Kingsbury really wants to move on from him, but into another potential IED listed below- Kyler Murray.

https://www.insidesources.com/josh-rosen/

Kyler Murray. Was 9th overall selection in MLB draft. Athletics and Murray agree to 4.66 million contract, but let Murray play football in Oklahoma in the fall.  Murray had monster year, and vaulted to a potential #1 pick.  Murray decides to go to the NFL, supposedly full in.  But do not miss the fact if things go South at some point, he could change his mind and bolt to Oakland.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/kyler-murray-commits-to-nfl-over-baseball-what-that-means-for-the-oakland-athletics/

Russel Wilson will attend spring training this year for the second time in a row.  He doesn't need baseball, but that avenue is open.  Many teams are very concerned with talented players that don't really 'Need_It'.  They get taken, but by risk takers or those with few alternatives.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-will-attend-spring-training-with-the-yankees-again-in-2019/

I think it's a slight concern when players have other options.  But I'm not sure family money is a big issue.  Luck's family doesn't sound poor.

The problem with Manziel was not that his family is rich or even that he had other options.  The problem is that he is immature.  

And he would probably get a longer leash if he played any position other than QB.  But QB's are expected to be leaders and so that means they have to be mature.