Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great read on Jamie Moore who scouted Mack and Leonard

CR91

43 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Sounds like he hung out with Grigson a little too much:  “Because when you walk in our (draft) room, you better have alligator skin. It’s not all nice-nice.”

I highly doubt that Grigson has a thing to do with what goes on in the draft room.

There is a whole staff of scouts, coordinators and coaches that want their two cents heard and then you got the GM, head coach and the owner.

I am sure all draft rooms have their opinions and naturally there will be disagreements. It would be naïve to think that tempers don't flare up.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I highly doubt that Grigson has a thing to do with what goes on in the draft room.

There is a whole staff of scouts, coordinators and coaches that want their two cents heard and then you got the GM, head coach and the owner.

I am sure all draft rooms have their opinions and naturally there will be disagreements. It would be naïve to think that tempers don't flare up.

Yea, no kidding.

My reference is to "you better have alligator skin.  It's not all nice-nice." 

The way he talks throughout the article reminds me of a lot of the cliche quotes that came from Grigson and Pagano era  ..... I like the guy's intensity and all, but there aren't many jobs in the world where you work with other people and tempers don't sometimes flare up and not a lot of jobs in the world where you can be excel if you don't have conviction, etc.... just the way he talks about his job from "alligator skin" to "It takes conviction. It takes guts...." and the way he came to the draft in a suit that looked like a mobster suit.... reminds me a lot of the way Grigs used to talk.

I've got a job which requires a quite a bit of travel and quite a bit of stressful meetings, but if I was ever interviewed by the newspaper I don't think I'd be telling them I have alligator skin... or "If I was just travelling around not doing my job, what would I be doing? I'd just be collecting Marriott points..... I've got conviction. I've got guts. I see through the fog."

Good on the guy for helping us land Mack and Leonard.  Sounds like he's a pretty good scout and sounds like Ballard and the higher-ups in the F.O. like him and think he's doing a good job.

I just found the way he talks and seems to act to be reminiscent of Grigs. 

Just read some of Grigs' quotes from this article, and maybe you'll realize I was making a joke and not being naive:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/04/25/colts-grigson-willing-think-outside-box-country/26359709/

6 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Yea, no kidding.

My reference is to "you better have alligator skin.  It's not all nice-nice." 

The way he talks throughout the article reminds me of a lot of the cliche quotes that came from Grigson and Pagano era  ..... I like the guy's intensity and all, but there aren't many jobs in the world where you work with other people and tempers don't sometimes flare up and not a lot of jobs in the world where you can be excel if you don't have conviction, etc.... just the way he talks about his job from "alligator skin" to "It takes conviction. It takes guts...." and the way he came to the draft in a suit that looked like a mobster suit.... reminds me a lot of the way Grigs used to talk.

I've got a job which requires a quite a bit of travel and quite a bit of stressful meetings, but if I was ever interviewed by the newspaper I don't think I'd be telling them I have alligator skin... or "If I was just travelling around not doing my job, what would I be doing? I'd just be collecting Marriott points..... I've got conviction. I've got guts. I see through the fog."

Good on the guy for helping us land Mack and Leonard.  Sounds like he's a pretty good scout and sounds like Ballard and the higher-ups in the F.O. like him and think he's doing a good job.

I just found the way he talks and seems to act to be reminiscent of Grigs. 

Just read some of Grigs' quotes from this article, and maybe you'll realize I was making a joke and not being naive:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/04/25/colts-grigson-willing-think-outside-box-country/26359709/

IMO I think you over think this stuff. :dunno:---:hat:

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO I think you over think this stuff. :dunno:---:hat:

Lol... you are the one who is overthinking anything and accusing me of being naive to the fact that tempers probably flare up in draft rooms (the war room).

You're the one who wrote a post to suggest Grigson doesn't have anything to do with the draft room (he's been gone for almost 3 years, why would he?).

The guy is an NFL scout... good for him... glad he helped get some good players on our radar.  Hopefully next time he's interviewed he's morphed from having alligator skin to being a butcher ball of bowling knives when he goes into the draft room.

18 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Lol... you are the one who is overthinking anything and accusing me of being naive to the fact that tempers probably flare up in draft rooms (the war room).

You're the one who wrote a post to suggest Grigson doesn't have anything to do with the draft room (he's been gone for almost 3 years, why would he?).

The guy is an NFL scout... good for him... glad he helped get some good players on our radar.  Hopefully next time he's interviewed he's morphed from having alligator skin to being a butcher ball of bowling knives when he goes into the draft room.

Wow, you are overthinking what I said.  Lighten up, it's not that serious.

For every good scouting story though, there's two bad ones we'll never hear about.

I want the name of the first person in our scouting department who whispered Trent Richardson's name. I imagine the scout was like, "This guy's tough as nails! If you want 1-yd, he will get you 2! How cool would it be to say we own the 1st and 3rd overall picks in the same draft!?"

Grigson pulled the trigger, but I wonder if it was some random scout sipping the Kool-Aid who said the name first. Bad scouts can set your franchise back for years, and whoever that was may have cost us a Superbowl. We'll never know.

10 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Sounds like he hung out with Grigson a little too much:  “Because when you walk in our (draft) room, you better have alligator skin. It’s not all nice-nice.”

I have a feeling Griggles never listened to Moore and just picked whoever he wanted to. Hence his drafts. 

Considering all the driving this guy has to do, doesn't it make sense that the colts might you know provide him with a company car or something.  

I mean I'm sure they pay mileage and all but if 80% of the miles he puts on are for work anyways, why not just buy the car for him to use?  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Considering all the driving this guy has to do, doesn't it make sense that the colts might you know provide him with a company car or something.  

I mean I'm sure they pay mileage and all but if 80% of the miles he puts on are for work anyways, why not just buy the car for him to use?  

Is there a reason you don't think he is compensated?

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Is there a reason you don't think he is compensated?

No I do think he is compensated, I said "I'm sure they pay mileage".  

I just don't understand the point of him using his own car when probably 80% of the miles he puts on that car are for work.  

8 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

No I do think he is compensated, I said "I'm sure they pay mileage".  

I just don't understand the point of him using his own car when probably 80% of the miles he puts on that car are for work.  

The point is he is paid well enough to buy a car to use in his work. Every mile he drives is tax deductible and even the gas. I am sure he has a per diem so it's not like he spends money out of pocket.