Sign in to follow this  
Chloe6124

Inman wants to end his career with the colts

I like Inman more than the other current FA. Still want us to draft a WR early though

• Like 5

Inman definitely jumped in and produced. We have a hard time finding FA wide receivers that pan out but I think he's going to only get better. Hope we keep him around.

• Like 2

Sign the man. Seems like a good guy, wants to be here, gets the culture, performed when called upon. Signing him shouldn't prevent us from doing anything else we want to do. Seems pretty simple unless someone offers him stupid money. If so, good for him and his family.

• Like 1

I’m thinking the Colts are going to possibly wait and see what his value is on the market.

Then pay him accordingly.

Sign the man! He loves Indy and Indy loves him. We should keep the guy around. He would make us a great #3 WR.

• Like 2

I think he would take any reasonable contract to stay here. This is a no brainer for me. He has history with the coaches and came in and played well with really no time with the offense. This is a guy you want around just for depth. He can play another few years. With him having a entire off season with Luck he might even be better next season. He won’t break  the bank. Give him a two to three year contract.

• Like 3

Yes, keep this guy in Indy.  It's rare for a WR to join a team in the middle of a season and be so productive so quickly.  You can call him a #2 or #3, but he fills a role this team needs, and he does it well. 

• Like 2

I’d offer Inman a 3 year deal @ 2-3m per season.... and then snag Isabella in round two for the slot.

• Like 1

He did a nice job thanks to knowing the system.
Now we have several guys moving into season two in the system so he has less value.
 We will see how the coaches value the lot of the young ones if Inman signs for some guaranteed $$$ of significance. Even $500,000 says something.

30 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I’d offer Inman a 3 year deal @ 2-3m per season.... and then snag Isabella in round two for the slot.

I would say a 2 year deal.  Inman will be 30 next year.  And you may have to bump it up to like 4M maybe.  I'm not sure what his value is now after his stint with the Colts.

Either way the price wouldn't be that high to bring him back.  I hope that Ballard is working on that at least.  

• Like 1

For the right price he should be brought back...i would hope that a FA/Draft pick or possibly Deon Cain can fill WR2, with Inman at WR3

Even if we get a free agent or Cain comes in and has a great season Inman is very valuable as depth for injuries and a guy that can come in at anytime.  Unless we went out and signed a free agent who is a star Inman is going to be exactly what we would get on the free agent market anyway.

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

For the right price he should be brought back...i would hope that a FA/Draft pick or possibly Deon Cain can fill WR2, with Inman at WR3

I forgot about Cain...and Fountain.

Although I think we should still draft a WR, I'm very excited about Cain's potential. 

I’m an Inman guy.    I wanted him late last off-season.    I campaigned hard for him.    Was sorry that camp started without us signing him.    Was sorry that the regular season season started without him.    Was sorry it took so long for us to finally sign him.

And we played hardball with him.   I believe he signed for close to the veterans minimum.

Im concerned Ballard will want to sign him for another 1-year deal with low guarantees and some makeable incentives.   I’m guessing Inman will start with a 3-year ask..   then fall back to 2-years before settling on a 1-year deal.   Feel bad for the guy.

For the record,  I do NOT see Inman as a high quality number 2.   Not even close.   But I think he’d be a very good number 3 and a great number 4.  But I very much want him back.

I’d love for him to get Grant’s 1-year, $5 mill deal.   But I think the closest he’d get is maybe a $3.5 mill deal with an additional $1.5m in incentives.    I hope he takes it.   I think Luck likes throwing to him.   Seems reliable and dependable.    I hope we bring Inman back.

Big yes to bringing him back. He has good hands, we had a lot of drop balls this past season, he rarely drops passes that are right to him. He wants to be here as well and loves the Indianapolis area.

Bring him back, sign a guy like Tyrell Williams, and maybe pick a wideout in the draft...I think that's about the most realistic "fix" for the WR corps this offseason.

This is definitely the area, besides pass rush of course, that I'm most interested to see how Ballard goes about it. Not that I think he needs to go wideout early in the draft, just that I think he'll be looking to get creative on how to address that area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Bring him back, sign a guy like Tyrell Williams, and maybe pick a wideout in the draft...I think that's about the most realistic "fix" for the WR corps this offseason.

This is definitely the area, besides pass rush of course, that I'm most interested to see how Ballard goes about it. Not that I think he needs to go wideout early in the draft, just that I think he'll be looking to get creative on how to address that area.

Personally I would like Ballard to go after Tyrell Williams. I think he has to be a looked at hard by Ballard.

Inman has earned a fair contract for sure.  We get to keep an eye on Dion Cain. Hopefully he will have healed up and ready to go.

We also have quite a few WR on the roster that we haven't seen enough of them to know what they can do. Guys like Wright, Veasy and Hogan. Add Johnson, Ishmael, Fountain and Pascal and there may be some talent there. Ballard seems to think so anyway.

4 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

I would love to bring Inman back over Rogers and Grant.

yup, but still go after a WR with one of the first two or three picks.

I really like Inman. I think he's a good guy, a good teammate, and a decent possession receiver that Luck has built a good rapport with in a very limited time. I don't see how he gets a ton on the market. He may have an inflated sense of his own worth so maybe he tests it, but I think he ends up signing here for around 2-3 million. He's two years removed from his best year in which he put up 800 yards, but in no other year did he put up more than 500, and I just think he needs us more than we need him. I like to see guys that Luck builds chemistry with stay in our offense. He seems to pick some non conventional players that he ends up trusting sometimes. Andre Johnson couldn't do anything with him but Donnie Avery had his best year as a pro. 

Sign back Inman cheap on a two year deal. And with Cain getting back healthy I'm one of the few that don't think we need or will draft a WR early. 

Inman would be ok to bring back BUT NOT as a #2 or #3. I would want our offense to have 3 or 4 other receivers ahead of him on depth chart.

I doubt ballard gives him a good contract that he probably is hoping for. I don't know or think he will get too much interest from other teams. I'm guessing he comes back to colts on a very modest 1 year deal.

The nice thing about Inman is he won’t cost a lot. So we can sign him and if it ends up being we don’t need him by training camp we can cut him without a huge hit. 

i could take him or leave him, i wonder if he really loves indy and the colts or is just tired of being a journey man

i dont think its a given that he will play in the league next year if he isnt signed here, hes 30 and his numbers were ok but nothing jumps off the page

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i could take him or leave him, i wonder if he really loves indy and the colts or is just tired of being a journey man

i dont think its a given that he will play in the league next year if he isnt signed here, hes 30 and his numbers were ok but nothing jumps off the page

I think he was in a situation here where he felt really comfortable. Knowing the coaches  had to feel really good for him.

There is no guarantee we will get a great WR in FA. Cane most likely is a year away. A draft pick is not going to come in and play well as a rookie. Just sign Inman for insurance. If we end up not needing him we can cut him. His salary won’t be that much. But if we don’t and it ends up he goes somewhere else or what think is going to work and doesn’t we are in a lot of trouble.

• Like 1