Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Quinn to be released

It has been reported earlier that he might be released for cap reasons.  If they do it before FA starts the Colts should move quickly to bring him on board.  He would be a perfect fit in our defense.  You bring on Flowers as well if he gets free.  Huge upgrade to our front seven if we get both IMO.  

• Like 1

Yes but we still need the big uglies in the middle. That was our biggest flaws with all the manning era colts d-line. Had Freeney and Mathis on edge. Poop in the middle till we got McFarland. Tried with Simon but he turned into a fat out of football shape slob

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Quinn feels like a very Ballard-like possible signing.    3 years and not sure what he costs?   I'll peg it right now as roughly $25 Mill.     What we paid Sheard.     But might want to revise this up or down with more info.

I'd revise up to around 10 per and quickly pay it.

Injuries have really derailed his career. With the Rams, he looked like he was on his way to a hall of fame career. He’s still on 29 though. This would be an ideal line for me 

DE Robert Quinn  

DT Grady Jarrett 

DT Christian Wilkins 

DE Trey Flowers 

I would’ve put Lawrence or Clowney in Flowers spot but I just don’t see those guys hitting the market. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

He will get no consideration.

Nor should he! The Rams couldn't believe that the Fins were stupid enough to take him in the first place. He's done, maybe injuries took their toll, but he's not the guy you remember that was on the fast track to becoming a superstar. Right now we have several players that are better than him, a couple from last years draft class alone..

Like I said if all of the younger productive guys get resigned and Justin Houston gets cut I'd take Justin Houston.  Especially over a washed up Robert Quinn.  I don't care if Houston is older because he still wreaks havoc and can be had on a short term deal due to age.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd rather put the money on Trey Flowers or Preston Smith, if I am signing a FA for edge rushing. 

This. Flowers and Smith are both young, ascending talents. Quinn seems to be headed in the opposite direction. 

Quinn's numbers have dipped sharply in recent years.  I don't see any way you won't still be paying for the household name.  All things being equal I'd rather have Suh plugging up the middle.  I loved Robert Quinn.  I just don't see how we could get a low-cost deal on a guy who is likely no longer a 3-down player.

22 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

Injuries have really derailed his career. With the Rams, he looked like he was on his way to a hall of fame career. He’s still on 29 though. This would be an ideal line for me 

DE Robert Quinn  

DT Grady Jarrett 

DT Christian Wilkins 

DE Trey Flowers 

I would’ve put Lawrence or Clowney in Flowers spot but I just don’t see those guys hitting the market. 

For whatever it’s worth...    Jarrett and Wilkins play the same position.   They’re both the 3-tech.   There is no nose tackle in your formation.

Just saying....