Indianapolis Colts
Smonroe

NFL Believes the Colts won the AFC South

We didn't but technically we had the better team by beating them 2 of 3 and stomping them in the Playoffs at Houston, so I can see the confusion :funny:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well listen we basically did haha 

Texans only win playoff games when they play against 3rd string QBs or the Bengals. 

You lose all bragging rights when the other team in your divison beat you TWICE at your place, including in the playoffs where they pretty much embarrassed you.

Make no mistake, Houston won more games, but the Colts are the best team in this division. 

• Like 3

haha that is hilarious, but to be fair a division championship really means nothing...especially when you lose in the playoffs to a team below you in the division.

I never did understand hanging division champ banners

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

haha that is hilarious, but to be fair a division championship really means nothing...especially when you lose in the playoffs to a team below you in the division.

I agree. Making the AFC Title Game = Final 4 is a lot better than winning your Division and losing in 1st game in the playoffs.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Well listen we basically did haha 

Texans only win playoff games when they play against 3rd string QBs or the Bengals. 

You lose all bragging rights when the other team in your divison beat you TWICE at your place, including in the playoffs where they pretty much embarrassed you.

Make no mistake, Houston won more games, but the Colts are the best team in this division. 

If you are a Texan fan you have to be thinking  " :Gaah:those pesky Colts are getting ready to take back the dominance" !! 

• Like 3

'Lissin'

It's on the internet, it MUST be true.

:hat:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. Making the AFC Title Game = Final 4 is a lot better than winning your Division and losing in 1st game in the playoffs.

Winning your Division guarantees a home playoff game which betters your chances of being in Final 4.

But Don't tell that to Peyton,Dungy or Polian with all those one & dones they had lol.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Winning your Division guarantees a home playoff game which betters your chances of being in Final 4.

But Don't tell that to Peyton,Dungy or Polian with all those one & dones they had lol.

Of course winning your Division should give you the better chance of going deep in the playoffs. I was just saying I would rather go deep in the playoffs, then win my Division but then lose in Round 1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

It's called history.

• Like 1

They know that this run is going to end for them. The Colts are poised when several division titles over the next few years and Houston knows that. I think it's funny that tweet one out. It's a omen but the Colts will be division champions in 2019

Ease up, everyone.  This is just an example of what happens when interns are allowed to work without editorial oversight.

• Like 2

We are the 2018-2019 AFC South Champions! We beat them in the playoffs and we had the same amount of wins so that counts for me!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Colts didn't make the AFC title game.

44 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

We are the 2018-2019 AFC South Champions! We beat them in the playoffs and we had the same amount of wins so that counts for me!

Nope.   The Texans won the division fair and square.   We'll get our chance next season.   

6 hours ago, Myles said:

The Colts didn't make the AFC title game.

I know they didn't but my point was, it is better making the Title Game than winning your Division and losing in Round 1. The 1995 Season was arguably the funnest season in Colts history and was very successful. We didn't win our Division that season but made the Title Game only going 9-7. I will take that anyday over what we did in 2005 for example when we went 14-2 (lost in the Divisional Round) and hung a meaningless Division Title banner. 

• Like 1

No fans hate the Colts more than the Texans fans and they make no bones about it. I have to laugh every time I hear the radio folks dig in on the Colts. I never wear my Colts shirts to games at Houston for the simple reason I am not ready to be killed in the parking lot after the game.:shout:

Remember Clowney jumping offside ending the Texans chance to win the game. It burns deep in the heart of Houston. So sad, yet so funny.

23 minutes ago, King Colt said:

No fans hate the Colts more than the Texans fans and they make no bones about it. I have to laugh every time I hear the radio folks dig in on the Colts. I never wear my Colts shirts to games at Houston for the simple reason I am not ready to be killed in the parking lot after the game.:shout:

Remember Clowney jumping offside ending the Texans chance to win the game. It burns deep in the heart of Houston. So sad, yet so funny.

I absolutely believe you.  I have read articles, and listened to a lot of Texans podcast's.  They make zero excuses for hating Indy.

But I think Titans fans might actually hate Indy more.  Their hatred burns so deep because they haven't won a game against Andrew luck...ever.  And before that, Manning had their number as well.

On 2/24/2019 at 1:31 AM, indyagent17 said:

They know that this run is going to end for them. The Colts are poised when several division titles over the next few years and Houston knows that. I think it's funny that tweet one out. It's a omen but the Colts will be division champions in 2019

I disagree.  Many Texans fans honestly think they will own the division for years to come because of their few superstar's they have.  Most of them honestly believe  Watson is better than Luck, and their offense is as well.  Let alone the fact that even though we were a top 10 defense last year, no fan in the NFL other than Colts fans knows this.  They  still think we have a terrible defense.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

Uhm..... They had an 11-5 record, we were 10 - 6.

image.png.bcc83a0021433a9b68d06268d20d1a00.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They shouldn've have beaten us at all this year.. i can the how they thought the colts won the division. If the Texans could've actually lost a game in Oct and Nov.... They were getting soooo lucky

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I disagree.  Many Texans fans honestly think they will own the division for years to come because of their few superstar's they have.  Most of them honestly believe  Watson is better than Luck, and their offense is as well.  Let alone the fact that even though we were a top 10 defense last year, no fan in the NFL other than Colts fans knows this.  They  still think we have a terrible defense.

To be fair, the Colts defense has been so bad for so long, it is going to take more than 1 season to change the outlook.   Tenn was a top 5 defense last year, but I hardly think of them as a top defense. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chucklez said:

I was just saying beating them in the playoffs means we get bragging rights. We didn't win the division, but the Texans can't brag about winning it.

4 hours ago, Chucklez said:

1 hour ago, DraftMaster said:

I was just saying beating them in the playoffs means we get bragging rights. We didn't win the division, but the Texans can't brag about winning it.

Technically, the Colts final record was 11-7 while the Texans final record was 11-6, so we did end up with the same number of wins.

And even though we had one more loss, we made it one step farther in the playoffs.  So kind of a wash, I guess.  :dunno:

Is the AFC South all of a sudden the best and most competitive division in the NFL?!?

• Like 1

We both finished 11-6 including the playoffs, We won 2 out of 3 against them. Raise the Banner LOL

The Texans had a better season record, but the Colts won the AFC South because Twitter says so. 

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Technically, the Colts final record was 11-7 while the Texans final record was 11-6, so we did end up with the same number of wins.

And even though we had one more loss, we made it one step farther in the playoffs.  So kind of a wash, I guess.  :dunno:

Is the AFC South all of a sudden the best and most competitive division in the NFL?!?

No, not yet.

The Titans are bleh, the Jags need a (proven) quarterback and a few more pieces on offense before they can be taken seriously (that D needs to play well too, they were trash early-to-mid season), the Texans were lucky to win 11 games last season... They got some serious luck bouncing their way in Oct / Nov to win those 9 straight.

You could argue that we aren't anything special yet either. Luck looks back, which means a lot, but will we get the same out of our D next year? Will our offense pick up consistently? A lot of question marks in the AFC south.

Regardless of Houston winning the division, It worked out that the matchup was the Colts beating them to represent,  the AFC south in the rest of the conference match ups. Not the on paper, South division champs Texans, lol . I seriously doubt. If Houston would have played KC, the results would have been any different.   

We won the most important game in the Division, that being at Houston in the Playoffs. That is all that matters. To me we are the kings of the AFC South and the team to beat in the Division going into next year. We do not fear Houston at all, you can tell by the way we play them. The Pats and Chiefs are a different story.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chucklez said:

No, not yet.

The Titans are bleh, the Jags need a (proven) quarterback and a few more pieces on offense before they can be taken seriously (that D needs to play well too, they were trash early-to-mid season), the Texans were lucky to win 11 games last season... They got some serious luck bouncing their way in Oct / Nov to win those 9 straight.

You could argue that we aren't anything special yet either. Luck looks back, which means a lot, but will we get the same out of our D next year? Will our offense pick up consistently? A lot of question marks in the AFC south.

The AFC South had more wins than any other division, and a better record against non-conference opponents than any other division.

So you could say that the AFC South is currently the best division in the NFL.

:hat:

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 2:32 AM, King Colt said:

Of course they do.  The Colts own the Texans more than any team in the league owns another.  It's like the Globetrotters over the Generals.  I mean, the Colts own a 77% winning percentage over Houston over a 17 year span.  You'd hate the Colts too if you were dominated in such a fashion. 

Their "hatred" is the textbook definition of having an inferiority complex.  Meanwhile,  Houston barely registers on the radar of most Colt fans as a team to hate.

2 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Of course they do.  The Colts own the Texans more than any team in the league owns another.  It's like the Globetrotters over the Generals.  I mean, the Colts own a 77% winning percentage over Houston over a 17 year span.  You'd hate the Colts too if you were dominated in such a fashion. 

Their "hatred" is the textbook definition of having an inferiority complex.  Meanwhile,  Houston barely registers on the radar of most Colt fans as a team to hate.

Isn't our record against the Titans better?

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Isn't our record against the Titans better?

Very close.  

27-8 vs Houston Texans

26-8 vs Tenn Titans (not including anything the Hou Oilers or Bal Colts did)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Colts fans are too busy thing the Pats so there is nothing left in the tank.