Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did the Colts inquire about Brown?

Nesjan3

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

None of that has anything to do with my comment that the new team(s) where AB and LB end up won't hold their actions in Steel country against them.

And I do, and thus will take a long time, if it all, before a trade is commenced.  I'm not sure any team is willing to spend elite level trade compensation for that elite player; and serve up elite contract with massive guarantees.  If a trade is  made, do Steelers finally 'give in' and take peanuts? Or what organization folds and takes a big chance?  Will someone be the next Dallas/Amari Cooper?  Don't you feel Brown would normally get more than Cooper?

I will try to explain again.  You stated that you don't know if you will get production... and then listed several things like age, injury.  My point is, it doesn't matter how a team spends their money, they don't know when they will lose production from a player because of age or injury or many of the other items you listed.

I'm saying because you have had him in the building already, you have much better knowledge of a players 'culture' fit and production expectation that an outside guy.  Agreed about other aspects and if either (both) fail, pro scouting and GM have failed.

Additionally, if a team signs a big money FA and he gets injured, no player or front office is going to think anything negative. 

Agreed

If the player, again whether it's an outside FA or a homegrown FA, gets a big contract but then doesn't work hard, that will be the things that are devastating to a team

Agreed again, except homegrown one was part of the brotherhood and then isn't accountable, the other is an outsider brought in not being accountable.

I know we all want easy schedules, weak division, to chalk up wins etc.  But I don't care if AB becomes a Titan. Colts have to  be good enough in playoffs to beat very talented teams.  So why not get that way before the playoffs?  Going up against tough opponents show where improvement is needed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Hmmm...Hopkins is on the Texans. But yes, I'd rather not have AB in the division, his talent is undeniable.

More importantly, my keeper league team would not be very happy about Brown ending up in the crappy Titans offense. 

I don't even have to play football if I don't want, bro," he said. "I don't even need the game. You know what I'm saying? I don't need to prove nothing to anyone. If they wanna play, they gonna play by my rules.

Lol

Okay, maybe it wouldn't work.  

Why would the Redskins inquire about Brown? They have a QB situation and not much cap space. The team has needs other than WR.  Maybe ESPN is correct in the report, but it doesn't make sense. 

I would like to see him go to the Raiders. He can let Jon Gruden know that Gruden has to play by Brown's rules. 

10 hours ago, MPStack said:

AB is reporting that who ever he plays for, will play by AB’s rules... 

Hilarious

This guy is a locker rooms worst nightmare.

10 hours ago, #12. said:

I don't even have to play football if I don't want, bro," he said. "I don't even need the game. You know what I'm saying? I don't need to prove nothing to anyone. If they wanna play, they gonna play by my rules.

Lol

Okay, maybe it wouldn't work.  

My prediction? He essentially is off 30+ teams radar.  Possibly, one team will eventually get panicky at some point and give in. Dump big bucks in his lap. And they will suffer for it.

This is the opposite of what GM's/HC's want to hear-

“Listen, I don’t even have the play football if I don’t want, bro,” Brown told Darlington. “I don’t even need the game. You know what I’m saying? I don’t need to prove nothing to anyone. If they want to play, they’re going to play by my rules. If not, I don’t need to play.”

Brown was then asked if he still wants the game of football.

No, I mean obviously I want the game, but I don’t need the game,” Brown said. “There’s a difference, you know what I’m saying? I don’t need to play for no one like I’m happy. You see this is paid off cash, I don’t owe no one. I’m a millionaire, bro, I’m an entrepreneur, like I don’t have to prove no one anything."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know teams do want players who 'need' it. Especially younger players. If not financially, from a competitive desire or other aspect.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/antonio-brown-if-they-want-to-play-theyre-going-to-play-by-my-rules/

• Like 1

I was a fan of getting brown and thought we should go after him, but after him saying this its a definite pass for me now.  He will be playing by the teams rules whether he likes it or not.  If he doesnt fine don't play anymore. Only hurting his self. Just by his comments I hope he doesnt play anymore.

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I just want another game changing wr. Be nice to have a wr that can get 10 plus tds or even challenge randy moss 23 tds

Ballard was asked about that after the season.   He basically said we already have that type of receiver.   His name is Eric Ebron and he caught 14 TD passes.   We just used EE more like a WR than a TE.   

I think Ballard is pretty proud of that kind of outside the box thinking that enjoyed such success.    Go figure!

5 hours ago, MPStack said:

AB is reporting that who ever he plays for, will play by AB’s rules... 

Hilarious

This guy is a locker rooms worst nightmare.

I saw that

He is a putz

What team will take him after that??

He will have a COLD dose of reality (I bet)

• Like 1

I’m going to make this clear so some of you understand. Yes AB has his problems. However him wanting to leave is very justified. He isn’t a locker room problem besides the Facebook live video. I live here in Picksburgh. Everyone one of his teammates have spoken very highly of him. I told you guys more rumors are to come. He won’t be the only player wanting to leave Picksburgh soon. All of that being said I don’t want him here. If Ballard were to work a deal I wouldn’t be mad. If he feels it’s a need then I’ll accept it. I don’t even want Bell here. We need to continue to build a young team to compete for years to come. I’ll trust whatever process Ballard has in place for our team. 

On 3/2/2019 at 12:01 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

My prediction? He essentially is off 30+ teams radar.  Possibly, one team will eventually get panicky at some point and give in. Dump big bucks in his lap. And they will suffer for it.

This is the opposite of what GM's/HC's want to hear-

“Listen, I don’t even have the play football if I don’t want, bro,” Brown told Darlington. “I don’t even need the game. You know what I’m saying? I don’t need to prove nothing to anyone. If they want to play, they’re going to play by my rules. If not, I don’t need to play.”

Brown was then asked if he still wants the game of football.

No, I mean obviously I want the game, but I don’t need the game,” Brown said. “There’s a difference, you know what I’m saying? I don’t need to play for no one like I’m happy. You see this is paid off cash, I don’t owe no one. I’m a millionaire, bro, I’m an entrepreneur, like I don’t have to prove no one anything."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know teams do want players who 'need' it. Especially younger players. If not financially, from a competitive desire or other aspect.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/antonio-brown-if-they-want-to-play-theyre-going-to-play-by-my-rules/

Unreal....

He’s turning into Ocho Cinco 2.0 right before our eyes.  :facepalm:

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Did anyone listen to the entire interview. This guy is crazy. He talks about playing by his rules but turn around and talks about winning culture . He is mad because Big Ben never wanted to hang out with him. He sounded like he was on drugs.

Here is something else he said, and I don't believe a word of it-

"So, the last week of the season, we're going into the final game," Brown explained. "We've got to win. And we've got to hope the Ravens don't win so we could advance to the playoffs."

"I'm a little banged up. So, I meet with Coach Tomlin and I'm telling him like, hey, man, I'm a little banged up. So, I'm going to need a little time to get right. So, he's like, if you're banged up, man, just, you know, you, you can just go home."

{me- no way!  I'm sure Tomlin would say go to the trainers/training room for treatment!)

Brown continued by saying he was offended by Tomlin sending him home -- "So, I'm like ... damn, that's where we at?" -- and is bothered by the Steelers being able to "control the narrative" on his situation despite him "putting my life on the line" for the team."

He's not a Steeler.  Wonder if either Gruden is game?

On 2/22/2019 at 4:35 PM, Colts1324 said:

I think Ballard realizes that too, and that is why I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed him to a front loaded 4 year deal, so his cap hit will be smaller when it’s time to resign our 2018 draft picks.  

Honestly, if we offer him a contract that matches close to what any other team offers, he will be a Colt. 

Yeah, we are not losing anyone, like we did last year according to Ballard, that we want.  If we want them, they will be Colts, plain and simple.  It will mean they fit our team in all important ways and we'll know their true value and will present that to them straight up, no nonsense.  The only thing we need to do is wait and watch them show us what people who know what they are doing picking players make of this year's free agents.  (I will note, however, that Ballard himself, on Pat McAfee's show, said he's already made plenty of mistakes (the interview is a classic, look for it on youtube).  So for those of us who want certain players he doesn't choose, we still have some cover since we might be right and he might have been wrong overlooking them.  Me, I want Preston Smith, Tyrell Williams, Landon Collins and I will be a happy camper.  I'd also hope for some help at Pass Rush and LB and depth at TE, OL (Left Tackle!), DL.   But I bet he covers most of those.  (He already resigned a TE, I just think they are even more important than WR to this team and we had an injury prone TE group).  

• Like 1