Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did the Colts inquire about Brown?

Nesjan3

Steelers say 3 GM's have contacted them about Brown. Given the Colts glaring need for another WR and TY's connection with Brown going back to college...do you think Ballard is interested  and might have been one of those Gm's?

Also how would you feel about having Brown on the team? I personally would not be willing to overlook the "Diva" personality but lets entertain the idea.

7 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Le’veon isn’t as bad as people make him out to be. He was protecting himself(we saw what happened with Earl Thomas). I think he would be a better fit in our locker room than Antonio Brown. 

What I've been saying all year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, twfish said:

What I've been saying all year

I think Ballard realizes that too, and that is why I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed him to a front loaded 4 year deal, so his cap hit will be smaller when it’s time to resign our 2018 draft picks.  

Honestly, if we offer him a contract that matches close to what any other team offers, he will be a Colt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I understand the negative contentious feedback but I have a question. If you are the best at anything or skilled, do you have to be looked at as a Quiet, well mannered individual, who’s charitable, caring, warm hearted loving, etc.. Are the qualities just mentioned what landed is the greatest president of all time?

next, I’m not saying that the best at sports needs to be philanthropic, or w.e. But if playing with a chip on your shoulder as if you have something to prove gets the best out of someone, I mean we aren’t asking AB to be the Pope. Just my $1 to drop in the bucket.

And if we do sign him...All the naysayers will be like “Booooom! I told you so.” Lol

25 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I understand the negative contentious feedback but I have a question. If you are the best at anything or skilled, do you have to be looked at as a Quiet, well mannered individual, who’s charitable, caring, warm hearted loving, etc.. Are the qualities just mentioned what landed is the greatest president of all time?

next, I’m not saying that the best at sports needs to be philanthropic, or w.e. But if playing with a chip on your shoulder as if you have something to prove gets the best out of someone, I mean we aren’t asking AB to be the Pope. Just my $1 to drop in the bucket.

And if we do sign him...All the naysayers will be like “Booooom! I told you so.” Lol

The fact that we put athletes in situations where they should be role models is beyond ridiculous. Just bc a guy can run fast, jump high, throw a ball far etc...doesn’t mean he is obligated to live a righteous life and set examples for society. These are typically kids that didn’t have much or cane from blue collar homes and are now millionaires.  They should live life and be able to do whatever the heck they want to do. 

• Like 1

I think it’s funny, seeing people so against this. Guarantee the second we sign him and we’re putting up 40+ points a game everyone would change their minds. 

I also think once he got out of that locker room, his personality and everything would change. Roethlisberger seems to be the problem there, not AB or Bell. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Steelers say 3 GM's have contacted them about Brown. Given the Colts glaring need for another WR and TY's connection with Brown going back to college...do you think Ballard is interested  and might have been one of those Gm's?

Also how would you feel about having Brown on the team? I personally would not be willing to overlook the "Diva" personality but lets entertain the idea.

Highly highly doubt Ballard was one

29 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I think it’s funny, seeing people so against this. Guarantee the second we sign him and we’re putting up 40+ points a game everyone would change their minds. 

I also think once he got out of that locker room, his personality and everything would change. Roethlisberger seems to be the problem there, not AB or Bell. 

The Roethlisberger theory is an interesting one. One id not thought of before but I think you’re on to something

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Le’veon isn’t as bad as people make him out to be. He was protecting himself(we saw what happened with Earl Thomas). I think he would be a better fit in our locker room than Antonio Brown. 

Le'veon allegedly ballooned up to 260 lbs this year while he was away. If true its a bad look for a guy banking on himself.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

To the bolded, I would not. I have no respect for a player that uses social media to tear down his team or ownership. No, that does not excuse big Ben for his antics. 

I wouldn't care if the guy goes off for a league record of TD's. I..don't..want..him..on..my..team. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

No.
 And he is a Failed Teammate so... not to be considered. 
Someone said "it matters". Trying to think who it was. Hmmmm!

3 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I somewhat agree about getting him out of that locker room, but I'm still cautiously skeptical at the same time.  I believe that Tomblin carries 95% of the blame for the Steelers problems!! My Steelers fan friends agree. He let this become a problem by not putting a stop to their behavior.  What a player does on their social media or radio show is their business, unless it disrupts a team or its locker room. How do you think Bill Cowher would have handled these situations?  

I think AB is, by all accounts from most teammates, a very hard working dedicated player.  He is not helping his case right now on social media if he is trying to show that "teammate" mentality.  They way he handled their last game of the year was all wrong too.  I'm just not sure if it is worth taking a chance on putting a possible distraction in our locker room. I'm 50/50 on it. He would absolutely make a huge impact on our Offense.  I believe Frank's demeanor and having TY there would have a big influence on him. He and TY have been friends since TY's dad coached them in Pop Warner. 

I would love to have him on the field on gamedays. Just not sure if its worth the risk with what the Colts would have to give up in the upcoming draft ot drafts.

2 hours ago, Tombstone said:

I would not rule out the Patriots 

it does sound like a patriots move, but they barely have the cap space to cover him.  i hope for the rest of the leagues sake they would be smart enough to not trade him there 

2 hours ago, Tombstone said:

I would not rule out the Patriots 

32 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

it does sound like a patriots move, but they barely have the cap space to cover him.  i hope for the rest of the leagues sake they would be smart enough to not trade him there 

They called the Patriots a no trade zone for brown

15 hours ago, csmopar said:

Highly highly doubt Ballard was one

The Roethlisberger theory is an interesting one. One id not thought of before but I think you’re on to something

Would agree here, same with Rodgers in GB. Hard to work with, coach, etc. Probably huge, well not nice people. The thought of AB across from TY is tempting. My concern would be our offense, seems we can really spread it around. AB might not like to be sharing the spotlight. He is used to being the main dude, not that he would take a back seat here, but it might not be enough for his ego. IMO he has portrayed himself poorly as a team player. He seems like the type that would park diagonally in a parking lot taking 3 spots so no one even sniffs his Rolls, maybe even handicapped spots.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

15 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Le'veon allegedly ballooned up to 260 lbs this year while he was away. If true its a bad look for a guy banking on himself.

He knows, he won't get any contract unless he can first pass a physical, minimum.  He'll be in shape on time, or possibly out another year...

25 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Would agree here, same with Rodgers in GB. Hard to work with, coach, etc. Probably huge, well not nice people. The thought of AB across from TY is tempting. My concern would be our offense, seems we can really spread it around. AB might not like to be sharing the spotlight. He is used to being the main dude, not that he would take a back seat here, but it might not be enough for his ego. IMO he has portrayed himself poorly as a team player. He seems like the type that would park diagonally in a parking lot taking 3 spots so no one even sniffs his Rolls, maybe even handicapped spots.

Agreed, would he divide the locker room with antics when T.Y. goes off on an 11 catch massacre of the Texans and AB gets maybe a few short pass targets? (a hypothetical)

Quickest way to derail a team building toward the Super Bowl is get divisive characters to break up the locker room brotherhood.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Huge if true

His trainer says it is not.

Bell’s trainer, Pete Bommarito of Miami’s Bommarito Performance Systems, responded by issuing a strong denial to Fansided.

"It’s so untrue it’s laughable and ridiculous,” Bommarito stated. “He has stuck to the plan and stayed in shape all year. It’s ridiculous. Where does this stuff come from? Who says this? Nobody asked me.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

His trainer says it is not.

Bell’s trainer, Pete Bommarito of Miami’s Bommarito Performance Systems, responded by issuing a strong denial to Fansided.

"It’s so untrue it’s laughable and ridiculous,” Bommarito stated. “He has stuck to the plan and stayed in shape all year. It’s ridiculous. Where does this stuff come from? Who says this? Nobody asked me.

I don't think it is true either. I was just making a joke.

• Thanks 1

As for Brown, I felt this was the case and said so in posting a day or two ago-

Colbert on Friday wouldn't offer a timetable, or whether he was insisting on a first-round draft pick in return. The Steelers' lead decision-maker, perhaps hoping to gain leverage, instead intimated there's no promise that a trade will take place.

"We're looking at maybe not having this significant player, one of the best football players, not only on our team but in the National Football league," Colbert said. "So of course if you're going to subtract that player from your team, you better have compensation that justifies that. And that's what we're seeking.

"It's really an evolutionary process. We don't know how long it could take. We're open to it. Again, if it doesn't benefit us, we won't do it. And that's as simple as it gets. And that was explained to Antonio and to Drew Rosenhaus, his representative, in a very respectful way. They understand our thinking. If we can accomplish something that happens to benefit both sides, great. But if it doesn't benefit us, it won't happen."

There is still a chance that-

1. The Steelers and Brown mend the relationship and he stays as a Steeler

2. A good trade offer comes through and he is dealt away with good compensation in return

3. No good offer comes, Brown doesn't show for training camp and begins collecting fines

a. then decides to return and be a good teammate (possibly traded later)

b. returns but becomes distraction; gets bumped to 3rd string and made healthy game day scratch until he cooperates.

I have no idea what happens, but every GM out there is wondering if they pay big for the guy (trade capital and playing contract) will he eventually do the same thing to them?  That's a job killer situation.

20 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I dont see either in a Colts uniform next 

Give me Bennie Snell, as that big back that completes the rotation

• Like 1