Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Kraft Charged in Prostitution Probe

Virtuoso80

6 hours ago, J@son said:

Did I say that? :P  However legalizing and regulating, forcing both the workers and the clientele to provide valid identifying information at the very least, would provide some security for both sides.

Are you regulating the age as well?  A lot of these sickos want underage girls. So they will still be forced underground .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nadine said:

I don't understand how these investigations work and how people are charged but not arrested nor even contacted yet......but their names get released.

Apparently some but not all names have been released, at least that's what 'sources say'

Is that how these things happen?

I would have expected 'charged' and then ALL names released. Or at least names released as they are charged. 

Or are they talking to everyone's lawyers and deciding IF they will pursue charges?

BTW, even the link to the story I just read referenced prostitution rather than human trafficking.  Was anyone other than the primaries in the business there by their own free will? I'd really like to know that.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/robert-kraft-is-just-one-of-many-rich-and-powerful-men-busted-in-florida-prostitution-ring

It's confusing

Update: They had a press conference today.  There will be no more names forthcoming. Everybody has already been named.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/crime/2019/02/25/florida-state-attorney-news-conference-jupiter-spa-tied-human-trafficking-operation/2980993002/

It sounds like they want more people to speak up about what they've seen.  I understand that they moved these women around and at least some of the women on video tape have since been moved and they don't know where they are.

However, they're emphasizing that video evidence should be enough in court.  None of the customers have been charged with human trafficking as of now.

They often talk to the lawyers/representatives and give the charged a summons unless they propose some kind of flight risk

Human trafficking exit in many parts of the U.S. Asia, South America, Mexico, Africa and the Arab states have been in the business since day one. They simply promise the very poor a better life and jobs elsewhere then when the victims arrive they have no choice but to do exactly what they are told. The missing children category is much more horrible than missing children.

So let me get this straight.  Kraft's car was pulled over on the 19th after he just left.  Even though he wasn't driving, the cop asked to see HIS id.  He thought this was a coincidence?  Obviously he did because he went back on the 20th:

i dont know about you, but i would think the "pull-over" should have freaked him out enuff to not go back THE NEXT DAY.

Just odd.

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Human trafficking exit in many parts of the U.S. Asia, South America, Mexico, Africa and the Arab states have been in the business since day one. They simply promise the very poor a better life and jobs elsewhere then when the victims arrive they have no choice but to do exactly what they are told. The missing children category is much more horrible than missing children.

The missing children category is much more horrible that missing children? :scratch:

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

The missing children category is much more horrible that missing children? :scratch:

I think he means that the category itself entails more than just "missing children."  Kids in under developed countries disappear all the time and are sold into sex trafficking.

15 hours ago, Gramz said:

1. I don't see this affecting their fans. :dunno:

2. I doubt it.

3. I doubt it.

4. Nothing right now. Report the facts as they become more clear.

Right now this is between Robert Kraft and law enforcement in Florida.

There's no reason to believe any of the above mentioned people had any knowledge of this.

Yupp. Between Kraft and The Law. But sports radio keeps making it a sports story.. I've had enough of Boston, and their teams, and their fans.

I wish they'd leave this alone. But sadly this story will continue into the off-season and become "motivation" for a franchise in destress because of their poor owner. 

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

OK I'll spell it out for you. "Missing" is applied to all that cannot be found. How do you think some of the "missing" disappeared without me going in to detail that is obvious with a little thought. 

As of right now, Kraft APPEARS be charged with two Misdemenours for soliciting a prostitute.. which is a minor offense.. 

There is NO talk of underage for him at all! This is a straight up Prostitution thing, while they were traffickers it seems Kraft was unaware of that fact. 

All said I expect the NFL to suspend him for I’d say 4 games and fine him 500k (very similar to Irsay punishment) 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

As of right now, Kraft APPEARS be charged with two Misdemenours for soliciting a prostitute.. which is a minor offense.. 

There is NO talk of underage for him at all! This is a straight up Prostitution thing, while they were traffickers it seems Kraft was unaware of that fact. 

All said I expect the NFL to suspend him for I’d say 4 games and fine him 500k (very similar to Irsay punishment) 

So you think Kraft will get less games suspended for 2 counts of soliciting than Irsay did for a DUI? 

I think Kraft gets at least 6 games maybe 8 off and a 1 million dollar fine.

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Anyone with half a brain knows most sex workers in shady establishments have been a victim of sex trafficking. 

A Martin County law firm files petition to block the release of names and video tapes because the plaintiffs didn't know they were being recorded by law enforcement. Also want to block releasing identifying information on 'customers' if they haven't been arrested or a warrant issued. The goal is to protect the privacy rights of 'spa customers' and prevent irreparable harm to them.  No word on who the law firm represents

This legal action was deemed necessary, according to Senior Partner Richard Kibbey, "To protect the privacy rights of spa customers, who may be the victims of illegal videotapings, or who would be otherwise irreparably harmed by the release of such personal information by the police or the prosecutor. We are seeking judicial intervention to determine what evidence is permitted to be released and to whom it should be released to." 

https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/martin-county/law-firm-files-emergency-petitions-to-block-release-of-video-photos-audio-from-prostitution-sting

There is one woman still at large that they are looking for https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6747247/Eight-Chinese-women-arrested-Floridas-statewide-investigation-international-sex-trafficking.html

2 hours ago, Nadine said:

A Martin County law firm files petition to block the release of names and video tapes because the plaintiffs didn't know they were being recorded by law enforcement. Also want to block releasing identifying information on 'customers' if they haven't been arrested or a warrant issued. The goal is to protect the privacy rights of 'spa customers' and prevent irreparable harm to them.  No word on who the law firm represents

https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/martin-county/law-firm-files-emergency-petitions-to-block-release-of-video-photos-audio-from-prostitution-sting

There is one woman still at large that they are looking for https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6747247/Eight-Chinese-women-arrested-Floridas-statewide-investigation-international-sex-trafficking.html

I can see that..  no reason to release video to the public... graphic details have already been described and made public, but as for video...no-one needs to see that. :facepalm::thanks:

On 2/25/2019 at 1:39 PM, dynasty13 said:

The problem is that you are all jumping to a conclusion that he was involved in the human trafficking element of this story...and granted, the way the headlines were written did him no favors. 

This could quite literally be nothing more than a case of an old rich guy paying for a quickie...the point is we just don't know yet...but come here for your news and you would be convinced that Kraft was selling underage asian girls out of the Gillette Stadium locker room. 

It's an embarrassing situation for him, but to be honest, its starting to sound less and less like reality and the narrative playing out here are one in the same. 

He IS involved in it. The people he solicited are victims of trafficking and so he absolutely is involved in a human trafficking situation.

Perhaps you mean that he didn't KNOW it was a human trafficking situation. However, the reality is two-fold.

1. It does not matter. His ignorance is no excuse for violating these victims. Victims were taken advantage of by him and others. This is one (of many) good reasons to not solicit prostitutes.

2. How on earth could anyone not know? Foreign women, many of whom did not speak English, working in a dirty spa performing sex acts - that SCREAMS "human trafficking."

2 hours ago, Nadine said:

When you first mentioned Martin County I asked myself what does Loogootee and Shoals have to do with this case

On 2/23/2019 at 6:05 AM, Narcosys said:

Are you seriously comparing drug use/addiction to prostitution and being complicit in human trafficking.

You say he isn't aware of the status of these girls...? Do you know many prostitutes who are there of their own free will and can leave whenever they want? 

Even though its stereotypical, the asian community is known for having woman stuck in sexual servitude, being promised transportation and a life in a new place and then having their passports taken and making them "work off" their contracts. It is prevalent with Taiwanese, Filipinos, and other Asian girls that work in prostitution. Yes I know this because I lived in South Korea for a year and was made very clear to stay away from any girls working in juicy bars and other such less reputable businesses that are everywhere in many South Korean cities. The same happens in US, as many girls are sent all over the world, not just South Korea

So to say he had no clue is disingenuous, at best was being wilfully ignorant (seemingly like yourself). 

Give me a break here. 

You basically made my point for me here by taking "solicitation" and turning it into "human trafficking." 

Also, Irsay's offense wasn't using drugs, it was operating a vehicle while he was severely impaired. 

Although I am apparently "willfully ignorant" in your own words... I'm simply trying to make a point in a civil manner. No, it is not "disingenuous" to assume that Kraft did not know the status of any of the women working at this spa. In fact, it's irresponsible to assume anything. 

Do you really think a guy like Kraft would risk his fortune, status, and - most importantly -- his reputation by knowingly soliciting sex slaves? I don't. 

On 2/25/2019 at 12:37 PM, chad72 said:

You sometimes wonder if their life purely revolves around Boston sports and if they realize life is bigger than their sports teams. It is also probable that there are lot of "Johnny come lately" fans that drown out the others too. 

I would have been up in arms even if it was Jim Irsay caught in the same situation, as to why he used poor judgement in getting close to it. 

Nobody is happy about it, or blowing it off. It's an embarrassment to the organization. My view on Kraft is certainly forever changed. 

The only thing I've taken exception to is how many people here have stretched the actual charges Kraft faces into something much worse. What if, after Irsay's arrest, someone had said, "Well he was found with almost $30K in cash, so he MUST be selling drugs to school children!" You guys would be pretty upset with something like that. 

If evidence comes to light that he knew these girls were victims of human trafficking then I'll be the first to further condemn his actions. But it's not fair to take a misdemeanor and turn it into a completely reprehensible act like many have done.  

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

I can see that..  no reason to release video to the public... graphic details have already been described and made public, but as for video...no-one needs to see that. :facepalm::thanks:

For the love of all that is holy, NO VIDEO! OMG, lol... I concur Gramz. No one needs to see that! 

18 minutes ago, GoPats said:

The only thing I've taken exception to is how many people here have stretched the actual charges Kraft faces into something much worse. What if, after Irsay's arrest, someone had said, "Well he was found with almost $30K in cash, so he MUST be selling drugs to school children!" You guys would be pretty upset with something like that. 

Actually there were a few Pats fans on this forum and other forums that said that accused Irsay of being a dealer just because he had that much cash.

And yes as I recall some people got pretty upset about it.

36 minutes ago, GoPats said:

You basically made my point for me here by taking "solicitation" and turning it into "human trafficking." 

If there is no solicitation then there is no need for human trafficking.

Since he solicited sex, he is complicit in creating a demand for something as horrible as human trafficking.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:31 AM, Narcosys said:

I think he means that the category itself entails more than just "missing children."  Kids in under developed countries disappear all the time and are sold into sex trafficking.

There are 58.000 children abducted a year for sexual motives right here in America.

This problem is not privy to under developed countries.

As long as Kraft didn't get with anyone underage = kids (under 18) or is involved in anyway in Human Trafficking then what he did isn't sickening. 2 counts of Soliciting Prostitutes is Illegal and embarrassing but if that is all it is, he will do no jail time Law wise IMO. He may be put on some sort of probation for a year at worse Law wise and pay a fine.

The NFL may fine him 500,000 dollars and suspend him to where he can't be around the team for a while (6-8 games perhaps) like Irsay's punishment for his DUI. 

-We still need all the facts before we can really judge this.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As long as Kraft didn't get with anyone underage = kids (under 18) or is involved in anyway in Human Trafficking then what he did isn't sickening. 2 counts of Soliciting Prostitutes is Illegal and embarrassing but if that is all it is, he will do no jail time Law wise IMO. He may be put on some sort of probation for a year at worse Law wise and pay a fine.

The NFL may fine him 500,000 dollars and suspend him to where he can't be around the team for a while (6-8 games perhaps) like Irsay's punishment for his DUI. 

-We still need all the facts before we can really judge this.

I have to disagree with your comment that it isn't sickening.

By him spending money at the spa for sexual gratification is sickening and contributes to the problem of sex trafficking regardless if he knew the ages of the girls.

While legally he will not be jailed he has shown what kind of person he is. And that my friend is sickening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gramz said:

Agree.  

I wondered about them releasing the names without actually charging them as well.  Not sure why they did that.  Must have been intentional.

56 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

By him spending money at the spa for sexual gratification is sickening and contributes to the problem of sex trafficking regardless if he knew the ages of the girls.

While legally he will not be jailed he has shown what kind of person he is. And that my friend is sickening.

:agree:with everything but the jail time. I believe I read he could possibly face a year in jail for the solicitation alone. :dunno:

34 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Agree.  

I wondered about them releasing the names without actually charging them as well.  Not sure why they did that.  Must have been intentional.

I have to believe it was intentional.

52 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You missed my point. Sickening = guys into underage girls and into Human trafficking, what he did is far from that, if that is all he did. We do not no all the facts. You would be shocked at how many decent people solicit prostitutes just to get a quickie. I know people who have done it and they are decent guys in general. Not something I would ever do LOL but I do know a couple of people who have went down Washington Street and into Haughville and have done it. They told me so anyway. 

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You missed my point. Sickening = guys into underage girls and into Human trafficking, what he did is far from that, if that is all he did. We do not no all the facts. You would be shocked at how many decent people solicit prostitutes just to get a quickie. I know people who have done it and they are decent guys in general. Not something I would ever do LOL but I do know a couple of people who have went down Washington Street and into Haughville and have done it. They told me so anyway. 

You may be right that it's very common.

Its still somewhat sickening.

Also, in this case I think its sad and pathetic.  JMO

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Gramz said:

:agree:with everything but the jail time. I believe I read he could possibly face a year in jail for the solicitation alone. :dunno:

I have to believe it was intentional.

Florida Statutes have a penalty of 6 Months in Jail for this degree of Solicitation and RK has been charged with 2 Counts

6 minutes ago, Gramz said:

You may be right that it's very common.

Its still somewhat sickening.

Also, in this case I think its sad and pathetic.  JMO

Not just you

I'm far from naive, and I'm not a prude.

I understand the "adult" world and realize prostitution is one of the oldest professions. I get that.  I may not like it, or agree with it, but I understand it for what it is.  There are undoubtedly some very high priced hookers who if you saw them in any other setting are very intelligent, respectful and respectable people.  Right or wrong, it's there.

I think the public outrage, for the most part,  and myself included, is that this particular establishment appears to be such a sleezy, dirty place.  And yes, it appears to be human trafficking involved. A lot of wrong.... So you ask, WHY on earth.. do men of their stature and worth frequent such a disgusting place?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to ask a question.....

Those hookers you are referring to on Washington St. and Haughville. The larger part of those hookers are drug addicts. They spread diseases and draw a lot of perversion and clientele that are criminal like drug dealers and pimps.

Don't you find that aspect sickening? 

Without getting to personal I can't fathom paying for the so called service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

As opposed to having an escort service send a mature women up to their room? Shouldn't be too hard to deduce.

Well don't let common sense enter the picture.

That is something we have dealt with from the Patriots as a whole since Kraft bought the team.

Common sense says one thing but the Patriots way is to deny everything till it is proved. Even after it's proved they still deny by hiring their men to throw smokescreens.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You would be shocked at how many decent people solicit prostitutes just to get a quickie. I know people who have done it and they are decent guys in general. 

It all depends on one's definition of a decent person. If someone told me he solicited a prostitute, I probably would not think he was a decent person. I would not condemn him but he would no longer be seen as "decent". JMO

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I guess every aspect of it is sickening in reality but the Human Trafficking and underage part of it just sickens me more. 

I have a different point of view when it comes to those hookers on Washington St and or anywhere else they work.

I have a long time friend who's daughter was a drug addict and worked Washington St and E. 10th St.  They found her beaten to death and her body was burned beyond recognition. She was found in a garage right off E. New York St. and Sherman Dr. During the autopsy they found out she was with child. They have never solved the case so her murderer is out there somewhere.

I see first hand at the pain and misery things like this can cause.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have a different point of view when it comes to those hookers on Washington St and or anywhere else they work.

I have a long time friend who's daughter was a drug addict and worked Washington St and E. 10th St.  They found her beaten to death and her body was burned beyond recognition. She was found in a garage right off E. New York St. and Sherman Dr. During the autopsy they found out she was with child. They have never solved the case so her murderer is out there somewhere.

I see first hand at the pain and misery things like this can cause.

Yeah that is a bad area, so I see where you are coming from. Earlier I was just trying to point out how bad Trafficking and the underage stuff is and was focused on that. When I drive to work I drive through Haughville when I go down 10th Street or use Michigan St