Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Kraft Charged in Prostitution Probe

Virtuoso80

9 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/martin-county/martin-county-sheriff-william-snyder-holds-news-conference-on-8-month-investigation

“They were cooking on the back steps of the business. These women were sleeping in massage parlors, on the massage tables and had no access to transportation,” said Synder, who noted the victims were averaging eight clients a day. “If you do the math, that is about 1,500 men a year, with no days off.”

It sounds like this was a really sleazy place...

• Like 1

Well, so much for not having much to talk about between now and the start of free agency!

Reading through the comments and I know we don't know the whole story, and may never will.

But, this is serious and sad, too.  And, as some have pointed out, there's a lot of victims involved and it's not the names on that list, including Kraft.

This has become a huge issue in a lot of places and the victims (the women who are forced to be a part of this) will be damaged by this in so many ways.  This world is a cruel place with lots of evil people.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gramz said:

The more I read, the more disgusted I get.

Yes, big names involved here,  but more importantly,

There are women and young girls being held captive, and being forced to do things to, and with men and they probably have no idea of these mens power and notoriety.

The most important story to come out of this would be to get these gals some help.

That should be the main focus of the public conversation.  The question would be why don't some of these powerful men who went there for these services feel guilty for enabling this type of oppression.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Eh, that joke was kind of told already. 

I can't read the responses fast enough.  I figured somebody else thought of it, but went with it anyway.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That should be the main focus of the public conversation.  The question would be why don't some of these powerful men who went there for these services feel guilty for enabling this type of oppression.

Make no mistake about it, while my main concern and empathy is for those being held captive, I truly hope those responsible for running this operation are hung by their balls!   And those who frequented this place all the while having knowledge of what was happening be charged accordingly.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I was called for jury duty on a similar case where a woman from China was charged for engaging in a sexual act in a spa or massage parlor. She appeared to be in her 70s and spoke no English. Not the location of the spa as it appears to be in a run down mall and if so what the heck are theses rich kids doing there as opposed to a high class  hooker operation. Maybe there isn't one in Jupiter, FL but that is no excuse. This stinks of human trafficking and if that is the case where do those women go after the case is wrapped up? Answer: to another spa.

25 other individuals were also arrested. Let's see who those guys are.

Circle Centre Mall downtown has a massage parlor above TJ Maxx that performs illegal acts. I almost experienced it first hand. The mall fails to believe it is true. 

24 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Make no mistake about it, while my main concern and empathy is for those being held captive, I truly hope those responsible for running this operation are hung by their balls!   And those who frequented this place all the while having knowledge of what was happening be charged accordingly.

Add to that that the prosecutors don't cut some kind of a deal that allows them to go to jail just to sleep, and go to the office during business hours for a year and a half.  That's the deal Epstein got for trafficking in girls on his creepy private island

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Add to that that the prosecutors don't cut some kind of a deal that allows them to go to jail just to sleep, and go to the office during business hours for a year and a half.  That's the deal Epstein got for trafficking in girls on his creepy private island

i'm not sure if they will now considering what just came out about how the Epstein case was handled. 

13 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I think with the #Metoo movement and the big push to end human trafficking, I think this will get a lot of focus. Unless Kraft flips on the others, I don't think he avoids jail time, especially if they find a way to link him to the trafficking. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Patriots fans have sunk to a new low: shrugging this off with the "who cares what two consenting adults do?" line. THESE ARE VICTIMS OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING NOT WOMEN GIVING THEIR CONSENT.

Kraft can add another mark to his legacy: taking advantage of human trafficking victims.

Don't they know that it's not two consenting adults when one has to get paid to do it?

Also, I know this guy is a billionaire and can get it in other ways in other places, but I'm guessing he has some sort of kinky fantasy about going to a place like this, and that's why he's been there on more than one occasion.

Now, I doubt he's involved in the actual trafficking, etc. or he would have been charged with more than misdemeanors.

The video I DO want to see is him standing in front of the Judge at his arraignment and seeing how he explains himself.

I read that there may be other prominent names on the full list when it's released, including some religious leaders, but that was just one reference and I can't find the source or link.

19 minutes ago, Nadine said:

And everyone involved is in trouble for that one

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I think with the #Metoo movement and the big push to end human trafficking, I think this will get a lot of focus. Unless Kraft flips on the others, I don't think he avoids jail time, especially if they find a way to link him to the trafficking. 

What he's been charged with is a 2nd degree misdemeanor. Up to 6 months jail time.

6 minutes ago, Gramz said:

What he's been charged with is a 2nd degree misdemeanor. Up to 6 months jail time.

per count.  If you listen to the press conference, the police said that more charges were likely as there is evidence of multiple visits and even video evidence.  They can, if they want to, charge him per incident. and then things get murky. And thats if the women were of age, which it sounds like they are having a hard time verifying the ages of some of the women from the conference. 

50 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Everyone of them is someone's daughter. We are supposed to protect the weak that cannot protect themselves and rehabilitation of those women/girls should be their top priority while convicting the culprits in parallel. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

A big lol at all the fans trying to rationalize or minimize this. Go educate yourselves on prostitution. You really want to excuse away more violence against women...if that was your daughter this * solicited...*.

It's not easy being a Pat's fan...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

per count.  If you listen to the press conference, the police said that more charges were likely as there is evidence of multiple visits and even video evidence.  They can, if they want to, charge him per incident. and then things get murky. And thats if the women were of age, which it sounds like they are having a hard time verifying the ages of some of the women from the conference. 

That is why I added the for now part earlier

• Like 1

This is disappointing and, on a personal level, pretty disgusting, but I think a lot of people are making a bit of a leap here insinuating that Kraft would be aware of the status of any of these women. Soliciting, versus being involved in human trafficking, are two very, very different things. Plus if you're going to apply the moral compass to Kraft how can you ignore some of the things Irsay has done? Seriously? That's the ultimate case of hypocrisy if you want to go there, but whatever.

I'm not happy. I don't condone it. But let's not make this more than it really is because, itself, it's bad enough. 

5 minutes ago, GoPats said:

This is disappointing and, on a personal level, pretty disgusting, but I think a lot of people are making a bit of a leap here insinuating that Kraft would be aware of the status of any of these women. Soliciting, versus being involved in human trafficking, are two very, very different things. Plus if you're going to apply the moral compass to Kraft how can you ignore some of the things Irsay has done? Seriously? That's the ultimate case of hypocrisy if you want to go there, but whatever.

I'm not happy. I don't condone it. But let's not make this more than it really is because, itself, it's bad enough. 

Jim had an illness, and got help. Let's not deflect and make this about him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Apples to Oranges