Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Good thread on QB needy teams.    
    • Brissett is an obvious candidate, Hooker is still young, I don’t feel like giving up on him, neither will management.   Brissett and picks should do, if the trade is done for QB reasons
    • From the draft network's simulator. I'd love this one too. The depth of the WR class is just crazy.   13    Justin Herbert, QB     Oregon 34    Ross Blacklock, IDL    TCU 44    Austin Jackson, OT     USC 75    Jabari Zuniga, EDGE  Florida 112  Myles Bryant, CB     Washington 142  Tyler Johnson, WR   Minnesota 173  Chase Claypool, WR  Notre Dame 190  Jauan Jennings, WR  Tennessee 204  Harrison Bryant, TE  Florida Atlantic      
    • They are not leaks.   They are reports from media.    The reports are NOT coming from the Colts.   Ballard has seen Love in person enough so that there’s no hiding his interest.   But we still don’t know how much he likes Love?   And we likely won’t know until the draft.   If we DON’T trade up to take Love, that tells us something, doesn’t it? If Love is there when we pick and we don’t take him, that tells us something, doesn’t it?   There’s a lot of misinformation out there this time of year.   Be skeptical about what you read.   
    • Anything is possible. The reason I think this might be different(i.e. we might indeed have interest) is that those reports were coming out much earlier than you'd expect. There were reports about Ballard liking Love in September, he was supposed to go see him on a random Saturday in November. Those were before we even knew if he would declare or not. I personally don't believe the Colts are running such long cons just to sprinkle some dust and smokescreen in the air.    Or maybe it wasn't supposed to be a smokescreen back then but has turned into one now? No idea. I kind of feel like even Ballard and co don't yet know what the plan for the draft is. There are so many more events to go before the final board is even set up.   If I had to bet, Ballard probably likes Love. Colts did indeed send scouts to 5-6 maybe more games of Love. But maybe they did the same for every other major QB prospect in the draft too? In other words, it's possible for those reports to have some truth to them, but the Colts FO still to not be anywhere close to a formulated plan of action.   In any case, take whatever is leaking with a grain of salt. It's probably too early for them to know what they want to do in the draft.  
  • Members