• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yep, no argument there, I agree. I was just trying to clarify what that "bracket of 8" could mean, because reading someone's post above, my impression was that the post (or the tweet it cited) indicated that those were (mostly?) round 1 graded players. And I think this was not the case. But maybe I took that post/tweet the wrong way, so whatever, I'm happy where we are at with our 3 second rounders and the one extra 2020 second rounder.
    • Remember when Darius Leonard was picked in the SECOND round last year? Didn't a bunch of people freak out when he was drafted? Maybe CB knows how to draft well in the second. If we get 3 guys that are Smith and Leonard types, we are all going to be pretty happy I imagine. 
    • The likelihood of players selected #15 through #70 grading out closely is highly unlikely.   It’s likely that 5 years from now we will be able to identify busts, average players, pro bowlers and all pros from within that range from this year’s draft.   If Ballad has them all graded similarly, it’s still the same problem.
    • Yeah...I hope so.  I’m not upset we traded back.  Just was hoping we got a bit more than we did.  
    • I mean who can really take much issue with Ballard at this point?  I fully trust that he has a plan and will work it to our benefit.  We are in very good hands.   That said...I just am not buying what he said about some of his initial 8 still being there.    I think he values a lot of the talent in the second round and based on who was available when #26 came around, he felt more comfortable maximizing his value in the second rather than spending a 1st on a player (not in his initial 8) that he didn’t think was really worth a first round grade.  Hence the trade back.  
  • Members

• DoubleE Colt

DoubleE Colt 41

• Jc03

Jc03 0

Rookie
    • Pilgrim

Pilgrim 37

• James

James 1,191

• danlhart87

danlhart87 1,219