Mock Draft 

1st * Cincinnati Bengals 

Dwanye Haskins QB

Cincinnati trades 2019 1st, 2nd and 4th

2020 2nd

Cordy Glenn OT

For

Arizona Cardinals 1st round pick 

Cincinnati hit the refresh button and gains a ton of cap. Andy Dalton can be traded or cut without any penalties. Haskins step into a division with a new QB at 2 out of the 3 other teams. As well as weapons in Green and Mixon.

Arizona has alot of needs. They recieve big help on the line. Hot take I think Bosa will refuse to interview with the cardinals.

2. 49ers 

Joey Bosa DE

3. Jets

Cody Ford OT

4. * Washington Redskins

Kyler Murray QB

Washington trades 2019 1st and 3rd, 2020 1st

Josh Norman 

Raiders trade 2019 1st round

Washington is in a tough position cap wise. They have a great line for Kyler to play behind. As well as Guice and other weapons that can help him in Gruden creative offense.

Raiders gets 2 first rounds and Norman fits the veteran mold similar to Nelson being brought in last year.

5. Tampa Bay 

Quinnen Williams DT

6. * Dolphins 

Drew Lock QB

Dolphins trade this year 1st and 3rd, 2020 2nd round and Xavien Howard CB

Giants trade 2019 1st round pick 

7. Jaguars

Rashan Gary DE/DT

8. Lions 

Josh Allen DE

9. Buffalo

DK Metcalf WR

10. Denver

Greedy Williams CB

11. * Arizona 

Brian Burns OLB

12. Green Bay 

Monteaz Sweat DE

13. Giants

Jonah Williams OT/G

14. Atlanta 

Ed Oliver DT

15. Raiders

Devin White LB

16. Carolina 

TJ Hockenson TE

17. Browns

Christian Wilkins DT

18.  Vikings 

Jawaan Taylor OT

19. Titans 

Jachai Polite OLB

20. Pittsburgh Steelers 

Deandre Baker CB

21. Seahawks 

Marquise Brown WR

22. Ravens

Jaylen Furgeson OLB

23. Houston 

Andre Dillard OT

24. Raiders 

N'Keal Harry WR

25. Eagles

Parris Campbell WR

26. COLTS on the clock

Pick 32 the Patriots trade to Giants

Patriots recieves Janoris Jenkins, Giants 2nd and both 4th rounds this year

Giants picks 

Jarrett Stidum QB

Cardinals trade draft pick 33 and swap 5th round picks 

For Antonio Brown 

So with the draft laid out in front of you who are you going with at 26? Lets see your best mock draft.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I’d take either DT Jeffery Simmons or CB Amani Oruwaye. Simmons if he checks out for Ballard off the field wise along with health. 

I doubt anyone takes simmons in the 1st that's why our 2nd from NYJ is so awesome that's around where teams might start thinking about taking him especially teams with extra picks

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

I doubt anyone takes simmions in the 1st that's why our 2nd from NYJ is so awesome that's around where teams might start thinking about taking him especially teams with extra picks

Yep I'm with you. Definitely not adverse to grabbing him there and Omenihu at 59.

Not a sexy pick and we will have to wait a year for him to play but I'm going with DT Jeffery Simmons. The reason why is if we believe he's a top 10/15 talent then I can see us pick him with a first round pick because the value is there and we don't want someone else picking him before we get another chance.

I'd refer to where we picked Darius Leonard last year, Ballard saw the chance of another team picking him up before our next pick so he grabbed him a bit early because the talent was there.

To summarize, I think we can overthink about where we want a player to be drafted, and not think that other teams are looking at this situation and willing to use a late first on him

14 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I'd refer to where we picked Darius Leonard last year, Ballard saw the chance of another team picking him up before our next pick so he grabbed him a bit early because the talent was there

Or maybe they had a 1st round grade on him and it was a nobrainer... seemed like over the course of the season. 

10 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Or maybe they had a 1st round grade on him and it was a nobrainer... seemed like over the course of the season. 

Exactly if we have a top 10/15 grade on Jeffrey Simmons, it's a no-brainer. He won't be able to play the first year but having that talent on the DL for years to come would be huge

16 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Exactly if we have a top 10/15 grade on Jeffrey Simmons, it's a no-brainer. He won't be able to play the first year but having that talent on the DL for years to come would be huge

I agree.

Although I don't think they will be putting a first round grade on him. Assuming he will come back from it full strength without missing a beat, is speculative and dangerous in a draft for a team that doesn't want or need misses, and I would consider that a ginormous miss if he didn't pan out. 

5 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I agree.

Although I don't think they will be putting a first round grade on him. Assuming he will come back from it full strength without missing a beat, is speculative and dangerous in a draft for a team that doesn't want or need misses, and I would consider that a ginormous miss if he didn't pan out. 

I'll have to relook up the scientific article but there is one out there that shows that today's athletes can return to there regular athletic/playing ability from an ACL tear like the one Simmons had.

ACL's used to be a career ender but not anymore

39 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I'll have to relook up the scientific article but there is one out there that shows that today's athletes can return to there regular athletic/playing ability from an ACL tear like the one Simmons had.

ACL's used to be a career ender but not anymore

I know they can. But I'll wait on the statistical data that proves that they do... 

You would be paying first round money to a guy you know is going to miss the first year of his rookie contract, and could very well never produce like he was projected to before his injury. No thanks. Late 2nd? Maybe worth the risk. 

Given that Ballard has said a pass rushing RDE is the key to his front-4,  then, on a PRE-Combine basis (could change after that and the pro day)  I think Burns is as likely a possible draft pick at 26 as anyone could be.

Other than the issue of weight,  he has the traits that Ballard has said he values.   He's long and bendy,  he's got a quick first step.   His specialty is pass rush.    Once he grows into his body, he can improve in the run game.    But the key is pressuring the QB.    And Burns has done that well in 2 of his 3 seasons in college.

For today,  late February,  I'll go with Burns as a likely candidate for the Colts to pick.

And,  my follow-up would be Simmons at pick 34.   Sitting out a year is nothing when you have mid-first round talent and you're getting him at the top of the 2nd round.    I'd do that all day long.      See Jaylon Smith, top of the 2nd round and Jarrett Jack,  top of the 2nd round as two recent prime examples.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

Ferrell DE from Clemson is a top 10 pick. By this mock draft at #26 he would be a steal. But in reality there's no way he will be there of course. 

I saw that but from what I read he’s translates to a lde and not a rde and a second rounder.  I think we have that already.   I’ve been wrong before though.  

Polite I would have jumped on but he was taken

3 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I saw that but from what I read he’s translates to a lde and not a rde and a second rounder.  I think we have that already.   I’ve been wrong before though.  

Polite I would have jumped on but he was taken

I think Ferrell first step with his size and strength is much better than Polite. Ferrell should go a good ways in the draft before Polite IMO. 

On 2/23/2019 at 11:56 AM, ColtStrong2013 said:

I know they can. But I'll wait on the statistical data that proves that they do... 

You would be paying first round money to a guy you know is going to miss the first year of his rookie contract, and could very well never produce like he was projected to before his injury. No thanks. Late 2nd? Maybe worth the risk. 

Here's the Scientific article link

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5480637/

To quote the summarized conclusion:

"Overall, 64.3% of NFL offensive and defensive linemen who undergo ACL reconstruction returned to play. Linemen who RTS do so at a high level, with no difference in in-game performance or career duration when compared with matched controls."

5 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Here's the Scientific article link

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5480637/

To quote the summarized conclusion:

"Overall, 64.3% of NFL offensive and defensive linemen who undergo ACL reconstruction returned to play. Linemen who RTS do so at a high level, with no difference in in-game performance or career duration when compared with matched controls."

Ouch. So there is a 35 % chance he doesn't even return to the sport. And with that, even if he does, they statistically play shorter careers than the average. Ouch. 

No recent major injury is worth the draft capital in round 1. Sorry, it just isn't. Trade the pick and take the chance he is there at 34 before you waste your 1st round pick... I'm not sure he's even worth that. 

I know what his talent is, and I know he was looking top 10-15. He still isn't a sure thing before injury, and certainly isn't now... 

11 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Ouch. So there is a 35 % chance he doesn't even return to the sport. And with that, even if he does, they statistically play shorter careers than the average. Ouch. 

No recent major injury is worth the draft capital in round 1. Sorry, it just isn't. Trade the pick and take the chance he is there at 34 before you waste your 1st round pick... I'm not sure he's even worth that. 

I know what his talent is, and I know he was looking top 10-15. He still isn't a sure thing before injury, and certainly isn't now... 

He's going to return to play so that's not the important part of the article and did you look at the standard deviation of the average seasons played for both the ACL group and control, they overlap by a lot and show in some cases the ACL group can have a longer season than the control. Even though the P value is lower than .05 and is technically called significant, I would counter that most values that are used is a P value lower than .001.

I think, by the time we get to the 26th pick, most if not all of the Wish List players will be gone.  It's gonna take a lot of research on the part of Ballard's team to find a guy who has a measure of IT factor that late in the draft.  Here are three basic choices I see:

The Safe Choice - Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

Jones can play both DT3 and DE, and had decent production last year, with 8.5 sacks.  He's a good player, but not a great one.  He'll do his job and he'll do it well, but he doesn't make anybody afraid.  He's Jabaal Sheard, only younger.

The Sexy Choice - N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona St

If the Colts choose Harry, they'll be "announcing their presence with authority" (courtesy of Nuke LaLoosh, Bull Durham).  Harry is a Big Name player, and he'll make big waves.  He was very productive in college, but will he be able to get separation from NFL level cornerback talent?  Speed is not his forte.

The High Risk/High Reward Choice - Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech

Ferguson has great size, length, speed, and incredible production in college.  He's also got a battery and public intoxication conviction that got him disinvited from the combine.  These off-field issues will probably drop him down the draft board.  You want to make other teams afraid?  Draft this guy.  But buyer beware.  And do your homework.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

He's going to return to play so that's not the important part of the article and did you look at the standard deviation of the average seasons played for both the ACL group and control, they overlap by a lot and show in some cases the ACL group can have a longer season than the control. Even though the P value is lower than .05 and is technically called significant, I would counter that most values that are used is a P value lower than .001.

... it's still a big no for me dawg. He's not a first rounder anymore.

15 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I think, by the time we get to the 26th pick, most if not all of the Wish List players will be gone.  It's gonna take a lot of research on the part of Ballard's team to find a guy who has a measure of IT factor that late in the draft.  Here are three basic choices I see:

The Safe Choice - Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

Jones can play both DT3 and DE, and had decent production last year, with 8.5 sacks.  He's a good player, but not a great one.  He'll do his job and he'll do it well, but he doesn't make anybody afraid.  He's Jabaal Sheard, only younger.

The Sexy Choice - N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona St

If the Colts choose Harry, they'll be "announcing their presence with authority" (courtesy of Nuke LaLoosh, Bull Durham).  Harry is a Big Name player, and he'll make big waves.  He was very productive in college, but will he be able to get separation from NFL level cornerback talent?  Speed is not his forte.

The High Risk/High Reward Choice - Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech

Ferguson has great size, length, speed, and incredible production in college.  He's also got a battery and public intoxication conviction that got him disinvited from the combine.  These off-field issues will probably drop him down the draft board.  You want to make other teams afraid?  Draft this guy.  But buyer beware.  And do your homework.

If the simple battery wasn't against a woman i hope ferguson falls to 26.   

Montez Sweat

Think he's one of those players who will drop in the draft and end up being drafted in the 20's.

I would trade up, if he's available a couple of picks before the colts draft. I don't think he drops to #26, but I think he will drop a number of spots, so trade the 4th rounder and #26 pick for him.  

4 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

I'm actually hoping we trade back.

2 hours ago, RNGDShobby said:

Unless someone falls a long way i'd be happy to trade back for 2 or 3 extra picks. Great value in the second and third rounds imo.

Omenihu, Oruwariye, Hooker, Samuel, Isabella...

I agree.  I think the possiblity we trade back rests with the Saints.  They are in win now mode with Brees and dont have  a 1st this year.  I could see them offering a bundle to move up from pick 62 to pick 26.  It'd take at least their 2020 1st and 2nd picks as well as pick 62 this year to even get me talking to them.

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

why does it matter which gender he battered?  Battery is Battery.

This is certainly sexist on my part but i do consider it worse when a man hits a woman than when a man hits another man.   

There are definitely different levels to battery though.  I've seen a juvenile charged with throwing a snowball. (he was actually charged with assault and batter with a dangerous weapon to wit said snowball.  it was stupid.)

If ferguson was in a bar fight and threw one punch against an aggressor,  i definitely don't have a problem with him.   If he ran up and blind sided a woman with a rabbit punch for no reason, i don't want him.