Recommended Posts

Mock Draft 

 

1st * Cincinnati Bengals 

Dwanye Haskins QB

 

Cincinnati trades 2019 1st, 2nd and 4th

2020 2nd

Cordy Glenn OT

 

For

 

Arizona Cardinals 1st round pick 

 

Cincinnati hit the refresh button and gains a ton of cap. Andy Dalton can be traded or cut without any penalties. Haskins step into a division with a new QB at 2 out of the 3 other teams. As well as weapons in Green and Mixon.

 

Arizona has alot of needs. They recieve big help on the line. Hot take I think Bosa will refuse to interview with the cardinals.

 

2. 49ers 

Joey Bosa DE

 

 

3. Jets

Cody Ford OT

 

4. * Washington Redskins

Kyler Murray QB

 

Washington trades 2019 1st and 3rd, 2020 1st

Josh Norman 

 

Raiders trade 2019 1st round

 

Washington is in a tough position cap wise. They have a great line for Kyler to play behind. As well as Guice and other weapons that can help him in Gruden creative offense.

 

Raiders gets 2 first rounds and Norman fits the veteran mold similar to Nelson being brought in last year.

 

5. Tampa Bay 

Quinnen Williams DT

 

6. * Dolphins 

Drew Lock QB

 

Dolphins trade this year 1st and 3rd, 2020 2nd round and Xavien Howard CB

 

Giants trade 2019 1st round pick 

 

7. Jaguars

Rashan Gary DE/DT

 

 

8. Lions 

Josh Allen DE

 

 

9. Buffalo

DK Metcalf WR

 

10. Denver

Greedy Williams CB

 

11. * Arizona 

Brian Burns OLB

 

12. Green Bay 

Monteaz Sweat DE

 

13. Giants

Jonah Williams OT/G

 

 

14. Atlanta 

Ed Oliver DT

 

15. Raiders

Devin White LB

 

 

16. Carolina 

TJ Hockenson TE

 

17. Browns

Christian Wilkins DT

 

18.  Vikings 

Jawaan Taylor OT

 

19. Titans 

Jachai Polite OLB

 

 

20. Pittsburgh Steelers 

Deandre Baker CB

 

21. Seahawks 

Marquise Brown WR

 

22. Ravens

Jaylen Furgeson OLB

 

23. Houston 

Andre Dillard OT

 

24. Raiders 

N'Keal Harry WR

 

25. Eagles

Parris Campbell WR

 

26. COLTS on the clock

 

 

 

Pick 32 the Patriots trade to Giants

 

Patriots recieves Janoris Jenkins, Giants 2nd and both 4th rounds this year

 

Giants picks 

Jarrett Stidum QB

 

Cardinals trade draft pick 33 and swap 5th round picks 

For Antonio Brown 

 

So with the draft laid out in front of you who are you going with at 26? Lets see your best mock draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d take either DT Jeffery Simmons or CB Amani Oruwaye. Simmons if he checks out for Ballard off the field wise along with health. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I’d take either DT Jeffery Simmons or CB Amani Oruwaye. Simmons if he checks out for Ballard off the field wise along with health. 

I doubt anyone takes simmons in the 1st that's why our 2nd from NYJ is so awesome that's around where teams might start thinking about taking him especially teams with extra picks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

I doubt anyone takes simmions in the 1st that's why our 2nd from NYJ is so awesome that's around where teams might start thinking about taking him especially teams with extra picks

Yep I'm with you. Definitely not adverse to grabbing him there and Omenihu at 59.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a sexy pick and we will have to wait a year for him to play but I'm going with DT Jeffery Simmons. The reason why is if we believe he's a top 10/15 talent then I can see us pick him with a first round pick because the value is there and we don't want someone else picking him before we get another chance.

 

I'd refer to where we picked Darius Leonard last year, Ballard saw the chance of another team picking him up before our next pick so he grabbed him a bit early because the talent was there.

 

To summarize, I think we can overthink about where we want a player to be drafted, and not think that other teams are looking at this situation and willing to use a late first on him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he’s there, Christian Wilkins. He is the perfect fit for what the Colts want. Character is outstanding, team captain, can rush the passer and play the run, non-stop motor, and will likely test like an elite athlete.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

If he’s there, Christian Wilkins. He is the perfect fit for what the Colts want. Character is outstanding, team captain, can rush the passer and play the run, non-stop motor, and will likely test like an elite athlete.

I think the browns chose him in this mock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Zoltan said:

 

I'd refer to where we picked Darius Leonard last year, Ballard saw the chance of another team picking him up before our next pick so he grabbed him a bit early because the talent was there

 

Or maybe they had a 1st round grade on him and it was a nobrainer... seemed like over the course of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

Or maybe they had a 1st round grade on him and it was a nobrainer... seemed like over the course of the season. 

Exactly if we have a top 10/15 grade on Jeffrey Simmons, it's a no-brainer. He won't be able to play the first year but having that talent on the DL for years to come would be huge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

Easy pick for me at #26 with this mock:  Ferrell DE Clemson

Didn't even realise he wasn't there. Think OP did the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Exactly if we have a top 10/15 grade on Jeffrey Simmons, it's a no-brainer. He won't be able to play the first year but having that talent on the DL for years to come would be huge

 

I agree.

 

Although I don't think they will be putting a first round grade on him. Assuming he will come back from it full strength without missing a beat, is speculative and dangerous in a draft for a team that doesn't want or need misses, and I would consider that a ginormous miss if he didn't pan out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In general... Top DT, Top CB, Top OT or Top S...left on our board. Would prefer to trade out for a 2020 first rounder and a late 2nd rounder in 2019 if possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

I agree.

 

Although I don't think they will be putting a first round grade on him. Assuming he will come back from it full strength without missing a beat, is speculative and dangerous in a draft for a team that doesn't want or need misses, and I would consider that a ginormous miss if he didn't pan out. 

 

I'll have to relook up the scientific article but there is one out there that shows that today's athletes can return to there regular athletic/playing ability from an ACL tear like the one Simmons had.

 

ACL's used to be a career ender but not anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

 

I'll have to relook up the scientific article but there is one out there that shows that today's athletes can return to there regular athletic/playing ability from an ACL tear like the one Simmons had.

 

ACL's used to be a career ender but not anymore

 

I know they can. But I'll wait on the statistical data that proves that they do... 

 

You would be paying first round money to a guy you know is going to miss the first year of his rookie contract, and could very well never produce like he was projected to before his injury. No thanks. Late 2nd? Maybe worth the risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Given that Ballard has said a pass rushing RDE is the key to his front-4,  then, on a PRE-Combine basis (could change after that and the pro day)  I think Burns is as likely a possible draft pick at 26 as anyone could be.

 

Other than the issue of weight,  he has the traits that Ballard has said he values.   He's long and bendy,  he's got a quick first step.   His specialty is pass rush.    Once he grows into his body, he can improve in the run game.    But the key is pressuring the QB.    And Burns has done that well in 2 of his 3 seasons in college.

 

For today,  late February,  I'll go with Burns as a likely candidate for the Colts to pick.

 

And,  my follow-up would be Simmons at pick 34.   Sitting out a year is nothing when you have mid-first round talent and you're getting him at the top of the 2nd round.    I'd do that all day long.      See Jaylon Smith, top of the 2nd round and Jarrett Jack,  top of the 2nd round as two recent prime examples.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wr Kelvin harmon 

 

I want a pass rusher but think you have to take hatmon if this is how it falls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 8:57 PM, RNGDShobby said:

Didn't even realise he wasn't there. Think OP did the same.

Yeah Ferrell is a top 10 pick. He will go way before Sweat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

Wr Kelvin harmon 

 

I want a pass rusher but think you have to take hatmon if this is how it falls. 

Ferrell DE from Clemson is a top 10 pick. By this mock draft at #26 he would be a steal. But in reality there's no way he will be there of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

Ferrell DE from Clemson is a top 10 pick. By this mock draft at #26 he would be a steal. But in reality there's no way he will be there of course. 

I saw that but from what I read he’s translates to a lde and not a rde and a second rounder.  I think we have that already.   I’ve been wrong before though.  

 

Polite I would have jumped on but he was taken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I saw that but from what I read he’s translates to a lde and not a rde and a second rounder.  I think we have that already.   I’ve been wrong before though.  

 

Polite I would have jumped on but he was taken

I think Ferrell first step with his size and strength is much better than Polite. Ferrell should go a good ways in the draft before Polite IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 11:56 AM, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

I know they can. But I'll wait on the statistical data that proves that they do... 

 

You would be paying first round money to a guy you know is going to miss the first year of his rookie contract, and could very well never produce like he was projected to before his injury. No thanks. Late 2nd? Maybe worth the risk. 

 

Here's the Scientific article link

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5480637/

 

To quote the summarized conclusion:

"Overall, 64.3% of NFL offensive and defensive linemen who undergo ACL reconstruction returned to play. Linemen who RTS do so at a high level, with no difference in in-game performance or career duration when compared with matched controls."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zoltan said:

 

Here's the Scientific article link

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5480637/

 

To quote the summarized conclusion:

"Overall, 64.3% of NFL offensive and defensive linemen who undergo ACL reconstruction returned to play. Linemen who RTS do so at a high level, with no difference in in-game performance or career duration when compared with matched controls."

 

Ouch. So there is a 35 % chance he doesn't even return to the sport. And with that, even if he does, they statistically play shorter careers than the average. Ouch. 

 

No recent major injury is worth the draft capital in round 1. Sorry, it just isn't. Trade the pick and take the chance he is there at 34 before you waste your 1st round pick... I'm not sure he's even worth that. 

 

I know what his talent is, and I know he was looking top 10-15. He still isn't a sure thing before injury, and certainly isn't now... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

Ouch. So there is a 35 % chance he doesn't even return to the sport. And with that, even if he does, they statistically play shorter careers than the average. Ouch. 

 

No recent major injury is worth the draft capital in round 1. Sorry, it just isn't. Trade the pick and take the chance he is there at 34 before you waste your 1st round pick... I'm not sure he's even worth that. 

 

I know what his talent is, and I know he was looking top 10-15. He still isn't a sure thing before injury, and certainly isn't now... 

 

He's going to return to play so that's not the important part of the article and did you look at the standard deviation of the average seasons played for both the ACL group and control, they overlap by a lot and show in some cases the ACL group can have a longer season than the control. Even though the P value is lower than .05 and is technically called significant, I would counter that most values that are used is a P value lower than .001.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think, by the time we get to the 26th pick, most if not all of the Wish List players will be gone.  It's gonna take a lot of research on the part of Ballard's team to find a guy who has a measure of IT factor that late in the draft.  Here are three basic choices I see:

 

The Safe Choice - Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

Jones can play both DT3 and DE, and had decent production last year, with 8.5 sacks.  He's a good player, but not a great one.  He'll do his job and he'll do it well, but he doesn't make anybody afraid.  He's Jabaal Sheard, only younger.

 

The Sexy Choice - N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona St

If the Colts choose Harry, they'll be "announcing their presence with authority" (courtesy of Nuke LaLoosh, Bull Durham).  Harry is a Big Name player, and he'll make big waves.  He was very productive in college, but will he be able to get separation from NFL level cornerback talent?  Speed is not his forte.

 

The High Risk/High Reward Choice - Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech

Ferguson has great size, length, speed, and incredible production in college.  He's also got a battery and public intoxication conviction that got him disinvited from the combine.  These off-field issues will probably drop him down the draft board.  You want to make other teams afraid?  Draft this guy.  But buyer beware.  And do your homework.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

 

 

He's going to return to play so that's not the important part of the article and did you look at the standard deviation of the average seasons played for both the ACL group and control, they overlap by a lot and show in some cases the ACL group can have a longer season than the control. Even though the P value is lower than .05 and is technically called significant, I would counter that most values that are used is a P value lower than .001.

 

... it's still a big no for me dawg. He's not a first rounder anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I think, by the time we get to the 26th pick, most if not all of the Wish List players will be gone.  It's gonna take a lot of research on the part of Ballard's team to find a guy who has a measure of IT factor that late in the draft.  Here are three basic choices I see:

 

The Safe Choice - Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

Jones can play both DT3 and DE, and had decent production last year, with 8.5 sacks.  He's a good player, but not a great one.  He'll do his job and he'll do it well, but he doesn't make anybody afraid.  He's Jabaal Sheard, only younger.

 

The Sexy Choice - N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona St

If the Colts choose Harry, they'll be "announcing their presence with authority" (courtesy of Nuke LaLoosh, Bull Durham).  Harry is a Big Name player, and he'll make big waves.  He was very productive in college, but will he be able to get separation from NFL level cornerback talent?  Speed is not his forte.

 

The High Risk/High Reward Choice - Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech

Ferguson has great size, length, speed, and incredible production in college.  He's also got a battery and public intoxication conviction that got him disinvited from the combine.  These off-field issues will probably drop him down the draft board.  You want to make other teams afraid?  Draft this guy.  But buyer beware.  And do your homework.

If the simple battery wasn't against a woman i hope ferguson falls to 26.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Montez Sweat

 

Think he's one of those players who will drop in the draft and end up being drafted in the 20's.

 

I would trade up, if he's available a couple of picks before the colts draft. I don't think he drops to #26, but I think he will drop a number of spots, so trade the 4th rounder and #26 pick for him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

I'm actually hoping we trade back.

Unless someone falls a long way i'd be happy to trade back for 2 or 3 extra picks. Great value in the second and third rounds imo.

Omenihu, Oruwariye, Hooker, Samuel, Isabella...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

I'm actually hoping we trade back.

 

2 hours ago, RNGDShobby said:

Unless someone falls a long way i'd be happy to trade back for 2 or 3 extra picks. Great value in the second and third rounds imo.

Omenihu, Oruwariye, Hooker, Samuel, Isabella...

I agree.  I think the possiblity we trade back rests with the Saints.  They are in win now mode with Brees and dont have  a 1st this year.  I could see them offering a bundle to move up from pick 62 to pick 26.  It'd take at least their 2020 1st and 2nd picks as well as pick 62 this year to even get me talking to them.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

If the simple battery wasn't against a woman i hope ferguson falls to 26.   

why does it matter which gender he battered?  Battery is Battery.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, csmopar said:

why does it matter which gender he battered?  Battery is Battery.

This is certainly sexist on my part but i do consider it worse when a man hits a woman than when a man hits another man.   

 

There are definitely different levels to battery though.  I've seen a juvenile charged with throwing a snowball. (he was actually charged with assault and batter with a dangerous weapon to wit said snowball.  it was stupid.)

 

If ferguson was in a bar fight and threw one punch against an aggressor,  i definitely don't have a problem with him.   If he ran up and blind sided a woman with a rabbit punch for no reason, i don't want him.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Honestly the whole league seems to overlook him for some reason.  And I don't understand it.   He's 28 so he should have a year or 2 left in him at min.   He has never once posted a season where he got under 4 yards per carry.     He's not a pro-bowler or anything like that but he seems to be a competent RB that would at the very least be a weapon to use in rotation.  But for 2 years now it seems like he's had a hard time finding a job.  
    • That’s on paper, a very solid group of receivers. What we are certain of right now is that TY, Funchess, Cain and probably Rogers makes the opening day roster. Hopefully Cain has put forth the film study and NFL style conditioning while he has been off for injury and he comes out for training camp to shake off the rust. Those last 3 guys are basically the same receiver imho and maybe there is room for 1 of those and a draft pick if we go wr with one of those 4 initial picks. If we pick a wr after the 3rd round, then they just compete it out with the bottom 3 and we move on with our PS build. Injuries may also dictate who stays and goes but I’d guess 6 wr’s make the squad and I really liked what Johnson flashed us in his short audition. Pascal has done a few nice things while here as well and of course Fountain was a 2018 draft pick with high hopes but did get cut and sent to the PS until late in the season and dropped his only attempt in the endzone while being virtually wide open. Hopefully we get one of all these receivers not named TY to break out this preseason to make cuts easier. 
    • Not much love on the Panthers message boards about Funch. It's kinda like our board when Moncrief left for Jacksonville.    
    • There are some obvious bad calls that I think most football fans can look at and realize that was a bad call.  Some of them in the past have been due to the rules being poorly written.  Honestly the competition committee's poor writing to the rules has caused far more problems in the past than the refs.     However the PI wasn't one of them.  That was a simple bad no call by the officials.     That said I think those are the exception to the rule.  If calls that bad were every day things, we wouldn't be talking about it.  
  • Members

    • Irish YJ

      Irish YJ 229

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Boiler_Colt

      Boiler_Colt 3,534

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 10,740

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WarGhost21

      WarGhost21 857

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • wig

      wig 862

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WoolMagnet

      WoolMagnet 3,225

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dirty Mudflaps

      Dirty Mudflaps 199

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SilentHill

      SilentHill 2,783

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CoachSmok3

      CoachSmok3 49

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PureLuck

      PureLuck 53

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active: