• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Some things that made impression on me: -Ballard doesn't think the depth at the top of the draft is worse this year than last year -After about top 12-15... it's all about flavor and what you like and prefer for your system and less about huge differences in quality. 15 to 70 is a huge cluster of similarly rated players...  -Our draft board is DIFFERENT than what he's seen in the media and draft experts. Note from me -EXPECT surprising picks... a player who media has ranked as 3d-4th rounder might be taken by Ballard at 26... or 34? Similar to how Darius Leonard pick went.  -Even if a severe need is not filled, we still have time, it doesn't have to filled in the draft. We have more FA, cut down day, trades, etc. -People are too quick to judge and lack patience with the young players. Give the young players/rookies time to develop. Have confidence in your process to develop players. -we will have between 160 and 180 players on the board when it's all said and done. We filter out players that don't fit be it from schematic stand point, athletic stand point, character stand point, etc... filter them out. It takes discipline on draft day.  -we have some guys that have character risk, but we are comfortable with them. "Anybody that's up there[on the board], we are willing to take" -Scouting world is flat now. Not many true sleepers and hidden gems... they are going high nowadays in the draft.  -Last year we had good sense of how the 1st round would go... now it's more unpredictable. It's about flavor of what you prefer.  -We have a cluster of 6-to-8 players that we will consider at 26. Hopefully some of them are there, but if none of them are there we still have a plan to proceed(My note: maybe trade down?)  -can't talk to enough people and you can't do enough digging on players... even the seemingly clean ones.  -
    • Probably not, but maybe. Ballard was in the rotation for at least a couple years, getting interviews, declining interviews, etc. He was a finalist for the Bears job in 2015. I found the article linked below to be very enlightening, especially looking at how Ballard has operated since joining the Colts.   https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-greg-gabriel-chris-ballard-ryan-pace-20150108-story.html
    • Just assume you did, it's easier that way...   I didn't even post in this thread until a few days ago, so I'm safe. I made my own thread after the draft to combine all my stupidity in one place.
    • 2 thoughts: 1. I don't really see any WRs worth a 1st round pick in this draft, although I'm sure someone will pull the trigger.  I'd be ok with one at 59.     2. (And bear with me), In the 3 "win or go home" games at the end of last year (at Tenn, at Houston,  at KC), Andrew Luck threw 14 passes to Dontrelle Inman.   Inman caught 13, for 187 yards and 2 TD.     I know Inman's career has been a mixed bag, but he stepped off the plane last year and immediately became the 2nd-best WR on the team, and it wasn't close.  In a relatively short time,  he developed great chemistry with Luck, and I'd love to see them get a chance to continue together.   I know we're looking for youth & upside, but dang it, this team could win a SB THIS YEAR.  I know he's not currently on the roster, but I truly believe if they don't re-sign him, they'll regret it.  (JMO).
  • Members