Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mudd Article

CurBeatElite

Mod's, feel free to merge if this is already part of the Keefer thread (one quote from this article is).

Anyway, a pretty fun read about Mudd suggesting Luck is more athletic than Peyton and this line is more physically imposing than Peyton's O-Lines (I think we mostly already knew that).  He says he sees a lot of potential with this group.

https://fox59.com/2019/02/19/andrew-luck-offensive-line-reminds-howard-mudd-what-colts-used-to-be-might-be-again/

• Like 8

16 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Mudd doesn't appear to be a guy that gets super excited about 

much, but when you read this article and feel his excitement

about his new toys, then we all need to be getting a little giddy 

about the potential of this O line.

It’s “infectious”.  

-Howard Mudd

• Like 1

This organization has come so far in the past 2 years.  Building a great OL, Luck coming back healthy, a great 2018 draft, a coaching staff that has a vision and is putting together a young, aggressive approach on offense and defense.  We have an excellent GM, Head Coach and Owner.

These are exciting times, for sure and we're just getting started!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsarquise said:

Wouldn't it be more Frank Reich's doing? 

It was Ballard who drafted the players that fit together and most of them drafted were team leaders and team captains.  Choosing  one over the other is not even looking at the whole picture.

It starts with Ballard but the coaches, coordinators and trainers all have a hand in the culture of the locker room.

I would say it's a combination of all the above mentioned.

• Thanks 1

Guess what I an saying is that it all started with Ballard. He stated preaching this the minute he was hired and has been very consistent in his approach. Could be said that Reich is a product of Ballard's goal of wanting a great locker room and great leaders.. Reich seems to be 100 % aboard with it. Not taking anything away from Reich or anyone, just thanking CB for establishing his goal and achieving it.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:24 PM, hoosierhawk said:

Guess what I an saying is that it all started with Ballard. He stated preaching this the minute he was hired and has been very consistent in his approach. Could be said that Reich is a product of Ballard's goal of wanting a great locker room and great leaders.. Reich seems to be 100 % aboard with it. Not taking anything away from Reich or anyone, just thanking CB for establishing his goal and achieving it.

I think Irsay recognizing that we needed a complete culture switch, was the catalyst the team needed in moving forward the right way. Ballard's hire obviously, was the first step in the right direction. Everything else seems to be falling into place for the team, and with the coaches, that ended up here.