Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Brown is officially on the trade block

CR91

I'm really tired to people demonizing AB, because prior to Week 17 he was never labeled as a bad teammate or guy in general, and now all of the sudden he's the most cancerous thing on Earth lol...gtfoh, quit buying into the recency-bias fueled mainstream media propaganda. AB works as hard as, if not harder, than any player in the league, and has never been considered a bad teammate until now. You can't just look at it in black and white, because this isn't some mathematical equation where there's just 2+2=4...there are so many variables at play. Ben played a part (imo the biggest part), Tomlin played a part, the organizational hierarchy played a part...basically, it's not all AB. There were extenuating circumstances, and I honestly don't think AB's actions within those circumstances were indicative of who he is, or who he will be with his new team. 

On another note, if the price keeps dropping, I think the Colts would be crazy not to send their latter 2nd (or even the earlier one) for AB. It would basically alleviate the need for a WR for the next season or two, allowing that draft capital, or FA resources, to go to more prudent needs. All things out in the open, there's no denying that the Indianapolis Colts offense would be exponentially greater next season with AB lining up opposite his good friend TY Hilton. 

13 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I'm really tired to people demonizing AB, because prior to Week 17 he was never labeled as a bad teammate or guy in general, and now all of the sudden he's the most cancerous thing on Earth lol...gtfoh, quit buying into the recency-bias fueled mainstream media propaganda. AB works as hard as, if not harder, than any player in the league, and has never been considered a bad teammate until now. You can't just look at it in black and white, because this isn't some mathematical equation where there's just 2+2=4...there are so many variables at play. Ben played a part (imo the biggest part), Tomlin played a part, the organizational hierarchy played a part...basically, it's not all AB. There were extenuating circumstances, and I honestly don't think AB's actions within those circumstances were indicative of who he is, or who he will be with his new team. 

On another note, if the price keeps dropping, I think the Colts would be crazy not to send their latter 2nd (or even the earlier one) for AB. It would basically alleviate the need for a WR for the next season or two, allowing that draft capital, or FA resources, to go to more prudent needs. All things out in the open, there's no denying that the Indianapolis Colts offense would be exponentially greater next season with AB lining up opposite his good friend TY Hilton. 

I think maybe you should do a little research on ABs team problems before week 17.

If you can't see why people think he is a selfish player who only thinks of himself all you have to do is listen to him talk.

It's self explanatory.

20 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I'm really tired to people demonizing AB, because prior to Week 17 he was never labeled as a bad teammate or guy in general, and now all of the sudden he's the most cancerous thing on Earth lol...gtfoh, quit buying into the recency-bias fueled mainstream media propaganda.

Probably because all of ABs antics since he got paid were swept under the rug as long as he produced on the field.

Now that he isn't producing on the field for Pittsburgh anymore, I'd expect even more dirty laundry dating back to his big payday to be aired in the near future.

If we learned anything from what happened with Bell, it's that Steelers players don't mind putting a teammate on blast when they put themselves above the team.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CR91 said:

Raiders are the front runners

Maybe if it's anything but a 1st-round pick.

If they end up giving up one of their 1st round picks for AB, especially if it's the 1st they got from Dallas, that would make no sense to me.

They give up 24-yr-old Cooper for a 1st, then turn around and use it on 30-yr-old AB?

:scratch:

• Like 2

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Maybe if it's anything but a 1st-round pick.

If they end up giving up one of their 1st round picks for AB, especially if it's the 1st they got from Dallas, that would make no sense to me.

They give up 24-yr-old Cooper for a 1st, then turn around and use it on 30-yr-old AB?

:scratch:

At this point, I don't think any team will give up a first.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Probably because all of ABs antics since he got paid were swept under the rug as long as he produced on the field.

Now that he isn't producing on the field for Pittsburgh anymore, I'd expect even more dirty laundry dating back to his big payday to be aired in the near future.

If we learned anything from what happened with Bell, it's that Steelers players don't mind putting a teammate on blast when they put themselves above the team.

21 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think maybe you should do a little research on ABs team problems before week 17.

If you can't see why people think he is a selfish player who only thinks of himself all you have to do is listen to him talk.

It's self explanatory.

Sorry guys, all I hear from everyone not named Ryan Clark is that AB works his as+ off and is normally the hardest working guy on the field, and was never a bad teammate. Ben can't continuously throw the dude under the bus, or the organization allow Ben to get away with murder (or rape), and AB not eventually take action. He's the best player on the team, and therefore the largest personality, and his endorsements reflect that. Just because someone is outspoken, and has a big personality, doesn't make them a diva. I'm almost certain if you remove AB from that ultra cancerous environment, with his work ethic, and put him in a healthy environment, he would benefit the locker room, not take away from it. Either way, you guys are sold that he's the devil, and there's no chance of you changing that perception, so we're gonna have to agree to disagree.  Funny how someone sitting at home on their couch can know so intrinsically that another person, whom they've never met, is a bad dude. You're just basing it off of what the talking heads are feeding you...keep in mind that those people's jobs are lost/made on ratings, so they have a tendency to stir the pot and elaborate. I listen to NFL players, and the overwhelming majority tend to think teams are crazy for not trading for AB.

33 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Funny how someone sitting at home on their couch can know so intrinsically that another person, whom they've never met, is a bad dude.

Kinda like how someone else sitting at home on their couch can intrinsically know a person they've never met is a good dude and just assumes they would be a good teammate for the Colts?

1 hour ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

gtfoh

...    you don't know anymore than anyone else, so your opinion has as much (or as little) value as anyone elses' on here.

• Like 2

While the drama may be exaggerated a bit, there is cause for concern that he may not be the locker room guy the Colts want on their team.   Maybe it is low risk/high reward though.   No doubt the passing game would be better.   The initial issue is that he has expressed that he wants a big extension from the team that brings him in.  

30 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Sorry guys, all I hear from everyone not named Ryan Clark

So a former teammate can't reveal facts on the matter?

is that AB works his as+ off and is normally the hardest working guy on the field, and was never a bad teammate. Ben can't continuously throw the dude under the bus, or the organization allow Ben to get away with murder (or rape), and AB not eventually take action. He's the best player on the team, and therefore the largest personality, and his endorsements reflect that. Just because someone is outspoken, and has a big personality, doesn't make them a diva.

No. But not controlling oneself in response to other team (Players, coaching staff, marketing, front office) members (sometimes less than appealing) comments (private and public) might...

I'm almost certain if you remove AB from that ultra cancerous environment, with his work ethic, and put him in a healthy environment, he would benefit the locker room, not take away from it.

I don;t agree. I just feel that the dude will get mad again at somebody, somehow, someway, somewhere, someday and wreck their team too.  Tony Dungy says if you can't play for Tomlin (or Andy Reid), you can't play for him either, and likely most other coaches.

Either way, you guys are sold that he's the devil, and there's no chance of you changing that perception, so we're gonna have to agree to disagree.  Funny how someone sitting at home on their couch can know so intrinsically that another person, whom they've never met, is a bad dude. You're just basing it off of what the talking heads are feeding you

Feed me the feel good story then...

...keep in mind that those people's jobs are lost/made on ratings, so they have a tendency to stir the pot and elaborate. I listen to NFL players, and the overwhelming majority tend to think teams are crazy for not trading for AB.

Tony Dungy has no need to stir any pots.  Teams are waiting it out to get a lower price.  If anyone thought he was no issue, at least 2nd round pick would have been swapped by now.

Here's things that stick in my mind--

In 2112, the Steelers gave Brown a long term contract extension (to a non-quarterback who had two years remaining on his existing contract!)  The Steelers never do this. Brown and the Steelers agreed on a five-year, $42.5 million contract that ran through the 2017 season.

Brown then expressed dissatisfaction with that deal as soon as 2015 and the Steelers, once again, went off their normal protocol to give him cleverly-disguised raises before the 2015 and 2016 seasons until the sides agreed to a new five-year, $72.7 million contract in February 2017.

Recenlty he said it was about guaranteed money.  Then he says no, he has money.  There is no doubt this is beyond money.  And I don't want it near the Colts new Culture. A former team employee tells the media Brown's success is tied heavily to the talents of Big Ben and maybe not quite get those #'s with some other (bottom half of the NFL?) QB's and AB goes off like the loose cannon he is-

"Trade me let's find out," Brown tweeted in response. Then missed a meeting/film study to boot. Tomlin disciplines him.

He then often misses meetings, or is late when he shows.  He told Ryan Clark and Dick LeBeau at a practice after he got paid 'not to touch him, he's the franchise'.

He goes off on Roethlisburger after Ben blames an interception on a botched route by AB. (Bad on Ben going public here).

I'll pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

So a former teammate can't reveal facts on the matter?

No. But not controlling oneself in response to other team (Players, coaching staff, marketing, front office) members (sometimes less than appealing) comments (private and public) might...

I don;t agree. I just feel that the dude will get mad again at somebody, somehow, someway, somewhere, someday and wreck their team too.  Tony Dungy says if you can't play for Tomlin (or Andy Reid), you can't play for him either, and likely most other coaches.

Feed me the feel good story then...

Tony Dungy has no need to stir any pots.  Teams are waiting it out to get a lower price.  If anyone thought he was no issue, at least 2nd round pick would have been swapped by now.

Here's things that stick in my mind--

In 2112, the Steelers gave Brown a long term contract extension (to a non-quarterback who had two years remaining on his existing contract!)  The Steelers never do this. Brown and the Steelers agreed on a five-year, $42.5 million contract that ran through the 2017 season.

Brown then expressed dissatisfaction with that deal as soon as 2015 and the Steelers, once again, went off their normal protocol to give him cleverly-disguised raises before the 2015 and 2016 seasons until the sides agreed to a new five-year, $72.7 million contract in February 2017.

Recenlty he said it was about guaranteed money.  Then he says no, he has money.  There is no doubt this is beyond money.  And I don't want it near the Colts new Culture. A former team employee tells the media Brown's success is tied heavily to the talents of Big Ben and maybe not quite get those #'s with some other (bottom half of the NFL?) QB's and AB goes off like the loose cannon he is-

"Trade me let's find out," Brown tweeted in response. Then missed a meeting/film study to boot. Tomlin disciplines him.

He then often misses meetings, or is late when he shows.  He told Ryan Clark and Dick LeBeau at a practice after he got paid 'not to touch him, he's the franchise'.

He goes off on Roethlisburger after Ben blames an interception on a botched route by AB. (Bad on Ben going public here).

I'll pass.

I can respect that, you actually have reasoning and fact to support your stance. For every Dungy tho there are several ex-players and coaches that completely endorse AB, so it's really just whichever side you buy, or bought initially and ran with. I just don't like Luke the way Ben handles anything, and a QB should never publicly throw "his guy" under the bus seemingly every week on his radio show, and Tomlin shouldn't have allowed it to get to this, or shouldn't have created a culture where anything even resembling this is okay. What you allow will continue. I'm apparently way in the minority, but for a 2nd rounder, and a contract we could easily frontload the crap out of of, I think it's a steal. To each their own, though. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I can respect that, you actually have reasoning and fact to support your stance. For every Dungy tho there are several ex-players and coaches that completely endorse AB, so it's really just whichever side you buy, or bought initially and ran with. I just don't like Luke the way Ben handles anything, and a QB should never publicly throw "his guy" under the bus seemingly every week on his radio show, and Tomlin shouldn't have allowed it to get to this, or shouldn't have created a culture where anything even resembling this is okay. What you allow will continue. I'm apparently way in the minority, but for a 2nd rounder, and a contract we could easily frontload the crap out of of, I think it's a steal. To each their own, though. 

Think about why there hasn't been any GMs make an offer? They don't want to mess with a diva receiver who is 30 years old. Especially when he said he was tearing his contract up and is expecting a new one. The Steelers have redone how many contracts to make him happy?

Calling yourself the franchise shows he puts himself above the team.

Instead of letting things work out after he told the Steelers he wanted trade he has now talked himself out of wanting a GM to want him for anything higher than a song and dance.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Think about why there hasn't been any GMs make an offer? They don't want to mess with a diva receiver who is 30 years old. Especially when he said he was tearing his contract up and is expecting a new one. The Steelers have redone how many contracts to make him happy?

Calling yourself the franchise shows he puts himself above the team.

Instead of letting things work out after he told the Steelers he wanted trade he has now talked himself out of wanting a GM to want him for anything higher than a song and dance.

That's the problem with 90% of the guys on here, they just keep driving and driving THEIR OPINIONS, attempting to make them everyone else's, and I'm an independent as far as this topic goes. I understand where you guys are coming from, I just disagree. Putting it 8 different ways isn't gonna help me to comprehend your point any more clearly, because it isn't a problem of comprehension or recognition, but rather plain ol' disagreement. I think AB would take the offense to another level, he's ridiculously talented, and the Colts would be able to structure the deal where by the time he wasn't AB anymore they could simply part ways with minimal damage. I'm also of the opinion that in another (drastically less toxic) situation, that he would be a perfectly cohesive addition to the locker room. Again, we're gonna have to agree to disagree. 

19 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

That's the problem with 90% of the guys on here, they just keep driving and driving THEIR OPINIONS, attempting to make them everyone else's, and I'm an independent as far as this topic goes. I understand where you guys are coming from, I just disagree. Putting it 8 different ways isn't gonna help me to comprehend your point any more clearly, because it isn't a problem of comprehension or recognition, but rather plain ol' disagreement. I think AB would take the offense to another level, he's ridiculously talented, and the Colts would be able to structure the deal where by the time he wasn't AB anymore they could simply part ways with minimal damage. I'm also of the opinion that in another (drastically less toxic) situation, that he would be a perfectly cohesive addition to the locker room. Again, we're gonna have to agree to disagree. 

Of course you’re entitled to your own opinion...    but the point is this....

There’s only one opinion that matters.   And it’s not mine or yours or anyone else’s.

The only opinion that matters is Ballard’s.   And apparently he disagrees with you.   Because if he actually agreed with you he’d be introducing Brown as the newest member of the Colts today.  

And that hasn’t happened.   So it is what it is. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course you’re entitled to your own opinion...    but the point is this....

There’s only one opinion that matters.   And it’s not mine or yours or anyone else’s.

The only opinion that matters is Ballard’s.   And apparently he disagrees with you.   Because if he actually agreed with you he’d be introducing Brown as the newest member of the Colts today.  

And that hasn’t happened.   So it is what it is. 

Well, I think everyone's opinion matters...Ballard is just on the conservative side, which works...really well. I'd be more aggressive, but that's why I'm not the GM and he is. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

"I'm really tired to people demonizing AB, because prior to Week 17 he was never labeled as a bad teammate or guy in general, and now all of the sudden he's the most cancerous thing on Earth lol...gtfoh, quit buying into the recency-bias fueled mainstream media propaganda. AB works as hard as, if not harder, than any player in the league, and has never been considered a bad teammate until now. You can't just look at it in black and white, because this isn't some mathematical equation where there's just 2+2=4...there are so many variables at play. Ben played a part (imo the biggest part), Tomlin played a part, the organizational hierarchy played a part...basically, it's not all AB. There were extenuating circumstances, and I honestly don't think AB's actions within those circumstances were indicative of who he is, or who he will be with his new team. 

On another note, if the price keeps dropping, I think the Colts would be crazy not to send their latter 2nd (or even the earlier one) for AB. It would basically alleviate the need for a WR for the next season or two, allowing that draft capital, or FA resources, to go to more prudent needs. All things out in the open, there's no denying that the Indianapolis Colts offense would be exponentially greater next season with AB lining up opposite his good friend TY Hilton. "

Well, this quote didn't age well.....

On 3/8/2019 at 1:36 PM, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Sorry guys, all I hear from everyone not named Ryan Clark is that AB works his as+ off and is normally the hardest working guy on the field, and was never a bad teammate. Ben can't continuously throw the dude under the bus, or the organization allow Ben to get away with murder (or rape), and AB not eventually take action. He's the best player on the team, and therefore the largest personality, and his endorsements reflect that. Just because someone is outspoken, and has a big personality, doesn't make them a diva. I'm almost certain if you remove AB from that ultra cancerous environment, with his work ethic, and put him in a healthy environment, he would benefit the locker room, not take away from it. Either way, you guys are sold that he's the devil, and there's no chance of you changing that perception, so we're gonna have to agree to disagree.  Funny how someone sitting at home on their couch can know so intrinsically that another person, whom they've never met, is a bad dude. You're just basing it off of what the talking heads are feeding you...keep in mind that those people's jobs are lost/made on ratings, so they have a tendency to stir the pot and elaborate. I listen to NFL players, and the overwhelming majority tend to think teams are crazy for not trading for AB.

Nailed it.  lmao

On 3/8/2019 at 10:49 AM, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Oof.

• Like 1