Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watching tape...........

As the draft is always a cool time, I like to watch tape on the different players that the Colts may be considering (When I actually have time)

One small suggestion, if this is something that you enjoy, watch the highlights AND the game tapes

Of course, the highlights are when the player is at his very best. .

You can also find game tape, where the player will show to be more average (or better) than your initial opinion

Again..... none of us get paid to be GMs, though I think NCF and MPStack are actually CB and Irsay incognito  :)

You can be totally sucked in on a player because he had 3 great plays this year...........

If you buy stocks you try to find both good and bad news...... Press releases (think highlight videos) typically only tell one side of the story

And....... If you DO have some stock tips, please PM me.........  my strategy is to buy HIGH and sell LOW  :(

Deano

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

As the draft is always a cool time, I like to watch tape on the different players that the Colts may be considering (When I actually have time)

One small suggestion, if this is something that you enjoy, watch the highlights AND the game tapes

Of course, the highlights are when the player is at his very best. .

You can also find game tape, where the player will show to be more average (or better) than your initial opinion

Again..... none of us get paid to be GMs, though I think NCF and MPStack are actually CB and Irsay incognito  :)

You can be totally sucked in on a player because he had 3 great plays this year...........

If you buy stocks you try to find both good and bad news...... Press releases (think highlight videos) typically only tell one side of the story

And....... If you DO have some stock tips, please PM me.........  my strategy is to buy HIGH and sell LOW  :(

Deano

I never watch a highlight tape of a player. It is so misleading, I want to see the player every single snap to form an opinion. I will watch every single game I can find on the person to further form an opinion. Draft Breakdown was a great source for this in years past but it is no longer up. Luckily there are a couple other people on youtube that are providing content 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, twfish said:

I never watch a highlight tape of a player. It is so misleading, I want to see the player every single snap to form an opinion. I will watch every single game I can find on the person to further form an opinion. Draft Breakdown was a great source for this in years past but it is no longer up. Luckily there are a couple other people on youtube that are providing content 

never?    Not once?

Cmon, its ok, you are among friends   :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, twfish said:

I do watch player highlights, but when I do I keep a quick flag on the asterisk on every play.  Who are they playing?  If this amazing play is against Southwest New Hampshire State, I don't care.  I want to see what you can do against the best.  If a RB makes an amazing run because the OL opened up a HUGE hole for them, and they didn't even have to make a single guy miss, I don't care.  Show me what you can do when the defense knew you were coming, and was right there in the hole waiting for you.  I don't need to see a defender's hard hits.  I need to see his hustle, even when the play is going to the other side of the field.  I want to see a WR sell his route, even though he knows he's not the target.  I want to see him block downfield on a run.  I want to see more than just the flashy stuff.  If I don't see it, I ignore it.

• Like 1