Sign in to follow this  
Lucky Colts Fan

Is this for real?

Recommended Posts

The NBA All-Star game was won by Team Lebron 178-164...  178-164.   -omg-

 

How is that even a real final score in a basketball game?

 

That's 44.5 and 41 points per quarter, or 3.7 and 3.4 points per minute, respectively.  Or 85.5 combined points per quarter which is 7 points per minute, which is three buckets (two 2s and a 3) per minute, or a basket every 20 seconds...

 

NBA Jam in real life... everyone was "on fire" the entire game...  :lol:

 

tenor.gif?itemid=4159126

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first half is just show boating.. no real basketball. Just dunks and flashiness. The 2nd half was more basketball. Dame makes those buckets in real NBA game time lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched exactly zero minutes of it.

I have lost all interest in the NBA.

As long as the NBA is paid by the teams willing to pay their so called luxury tax for championships I will continue not watching.

The game of basketball has morphed into something not watchable to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I watched exactly zero minutes of it.

I have lost all interest in the NBA.

As long as the NBA is paid by the teams willing to pay their so called luxury tax for championships I will continue not watching.

The game of basketball has morphed into something not watchable to me.

If the NBA had a hardcap it would rule. Simple as that.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason the NBA doesn’t have a hard cap is known as “The Bird Rule”.   

Back during his career with the hard cap in place the Boston Celtics would not have been able to re-sign Larry Bird.

 

The Bird rule was established so you could go over the cap so you could re-sign your own player.   That was roughly 30 years ago.   The NBA has become hugely successful in that time.

 

Rught now the NBA doesn’t think much is broken so it doesn’t feel the need to fix it.   They’re trying to address tanking right now...  not an easy problem to fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

The reason the NBA doesn’t have a hard cap is known as “The Bird Rule”.   

Back during his career with the hard cap in place the Boston Celtics would not have been able to re-sign Larry Bird.

 

The Bird rule was established so you could go over the cap so you could re-sign your own player.   That was roughly 30 years ago.   The NBA has become hugely successful in that time.

 

Rught now the NBA doesn’t think much is broken so it doesn’t feel the need to fix it.   They’re trying to address tanking right now...  not an easy problem to fix.

Of course the NBA don't think anything is wrong. They are getting rich and even richer as long as owners pay for the best chance at a championship.

Money rules the NBA, not anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Of course the NBA don't think anything is wrong. They are getting rich and even richer as long as owners pay for the best chance at a championship.

Money rules the NBA, not anything else.

Huh?

 

Money is also king in football, baseball and hockey as well.   Golf and tennis too.   Don’t kid yourself. 

 

I understand not liking it.   I’m just explaining things as they are,  not we might want them to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/21/2019 at 6:31 AM, crazycolt1 said:

I watched exactly zero minutes of it.

I have lost all interest in the NBA.

As long as the NBA is paid by the teams willing to pay their so called luxury tax for championships I will continue not watching.

The game of basketball has morphed into something not watchable to me.

Lets not act like Basketball is suddenly European Soccer where in a 20 team league only like 4-6 teams are any good. The Warriors are dominant. They were straight trash 10 years ago. They developed a culture and a system that's far and away better than any other NBA team has, maybe ever. Yes, KD signing there suddenly made them a dynasty, but they still had a championship before hand. And while it's true that going over the luxury tax helped them secure KD, it's not like he couldn't get mad money from a New York or LA at the time. And what about Cousins? Literally signed for 5 million because the culture is perfect for him to succeed in.

 

The Knicks, Heat, Lakers all have mad money. How are they doing right now? Poorly run, bad cultures, stars don't wanna play there, they don't develop talent = bad (well maybe not Miami, but it's true for the other two).

 

The Spurs are the third biggest market in their state. San Antonio isn't some juggernaut market. Yet they have an amazing coach and develop young players nobody has heard of into gems. They built their culture.

 

Money is a huge advantage in the NBA. But stars doesn't equal titles. You need the right coach, culture, system, organization, everything. Just ask the Timberwolves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

 

Lets not act like Basketball is suddenly European Soccer where in a 20 team league only like 4-6 teams are any good. The Warriors are dominant. They were straight trash 10 years ago. They developed a culture and a system that's far and away better than any other NBA team has, maybe ever. Yes, KD signing there suddenly made them a dynasty, but they still had a championship before hand. And while it's true that going over the luxury tax helped them secure KD, it's not like he couldn't get mad money from a New York or LA at the time. And what about Cousins? Literally signed for 5 million because the culture is perfect for him to succeed in.

 

The Knicks, Heat, Lakers all have mad money. How are they doing right now? Poorly run, bad cultures, stars don't wanna play there, they don't develop talent = bad (well maybe not Miami, but it's true for the other two).

 

The Spurs are the third biggest market in their state. San Antonio isn't some juggernaut market. Yet they have an amazing coach and develop young players nobody has heard of into gems. They built their culture.

 

Money is a huge advantage in the NBA. But stars doesn't equal titles. You need the right coach, culture, system, organization, everything. Just ask the Timberwolves. 

Take a look at the teams over the cap and how much money the NBA front office makes off them with the so called luxury tax.

Today's fans don't want to see basketball. They want dunks and 3 pointers. If players don't make the highlight reels they are not interested. Mid range shooters are a thing of the past and very few have a clue what defense is.

Now we have a whole section just dedicated to what shoes the players wear? Seriously? What a joke.

The bottom line is the NBA is not interested in competitive teams or they would have a hard cap.

You may like and enjoy today's NBA and that is certainly your prerogative but I couldn't care less.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

 

Money is also king in football, baseball and hockey as well.   Golf and tennis too.   Don’t kid yourself. 

 

I understand not liking it.   I’m just explaining things as they are,  not we might want them to be. 

Yes money does rule but the NFL does have a hard cap and they stick to it. The owners are required to spend 89% of the cap back on the team and don't have pay the rulers to buy a championship.

Sorry, I don't need an explanation of a huge money grab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes money does rule but the NFL does have a hard cap and they stick to it. The owners are required to spend 89% of the cap back on the team and don't have pay the rulers to buy a championship.

Sorry, I don't need an explanation of a huge money grab.

 

That’s great for the owners.

 

Not so great for the players. 

 

Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both the NBA and NFL helps make money for the owners and players.

 

However, the way the NBA "over the cap" rules are structured, they reduce parity, IMO. They dilute the pool with the facade of 16 teams making the playoffs when most of us know it is just 2 or 3 teams have a realistic shot of winning the title in a 7 game series match up. Right now, everyone is just playing for seconds when only 1 team has the chance.

 

Triple the current luxury tax forcing teams to stick closer to the cap or just barely go over, and make hard decisions to let key players go to mid-market teams that have the room and willingness to spend, and see parity improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.