Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barry Sears

Significance of #32

I was just thinking about the #32 ranking the Colts received prior to the 2018 season.  In one post-game locker room video, Coach Reich held up a sign that read "#32" and used that as motivation and confirmation of how hard this team worked to make the playoffs.

So, with that number in mind, I sure would LOVE for us to have the #32 pick in the 2020 NFL draft as the result of our win in Super Bowl LIV!!!!

4 minutes ago, deadman said:

I thought this was going to be a post about Edgerrin James.

same here...# 32 is a good number unless you're named TJ Green.

Or Cassius Vaughn I believe 

1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

same here...# 32 is a good number unless you're named TJ Green.

I think us being ranked 32nd was about the silliest thing I may have ever seen. Reason being, we weren't even the worse team in 2017 as bad as we were and Luck was back. It's not even hindsight, I said it before the season started and us 9-7 before the season. In a strange way maybe it motivated us though lmao 

We get a pass rusher then for sure we’ll be picking at number 32. It will finally get this team over the hump. 

On 2/12/2019 at 11:57 AM, deadman said:

I thought this was going to be a post about Edgerrin James.

Or T.J. Greene. Lol

I actually thought this thread would be about having the 32nd pick in the first round of the NFL draft. That would ensure that the player would have a 5th year option for us as opposed to the 34th pick or later picks, where we only have 4 year contracts.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THIS  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thank you, Stiches!  Thank you!     
    • I'm on the record that I think it would be shortsighted to spend any premium asset for non-long-term QB while there is a question about our QB position. We might need those picks to trade up in the draft for a QB Ballard and Reich love. Until we are certain one way or another in our long-term QB position we should not be trading those picks for players. And even then we should still be prudent in how we spend our picks. Multiple round 1 and round 2 picks for strong safety/slot CB is not my idea of prudent use of our picks. 
    • I'll be attending, hoping to get there around 10
    • Chad Kelly by far.   He's one brush away from cleaning toilets in prison for the next few years of his life ala Ryan Leaf.
    • I have no doubt Elway is a better QB talent evaluator than people here...but vs. his peers? Osweiler, Siemian, Lynch...giving $25M gtd to Case Keenum...those moves collectively would seem to suggest his evaluation is not better than most...and maybe just bad (relatively speaking). Granted none of those are top 5 picks...but he did trade up in the 1st round to get Lynch and Osweiler was a 2nd round pick. I like Lock more than that anyone in that group...so we will see how that turns out.   As for Manning...there were several teams were interested...like nearly 1/3 of the league. At least 9 teams reached out to him (DEN, AZ, SEA, TEN, WAS, MIA, NYJ, PHI, SF)...and Manning narrowed it down and heard in-person pitches from 4 of them (DEN, AZ, MIA and TEN)...and ultimately chose DEN over AZ and TEN. It was a whole thing that went on for a few weeks.   Irsay did release Manning from his contract...but (IMO) either Manning (or likely both he and Irsay) engineered it as a possibility when Manning signed his contract the year before...which contained a poison pill that ultimately saw him get released.     
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 5,446

• Gramz

Gramz 9,613

• Mike_05

Mike_05 0

Rookie
    • ScotColt

ScotColt 13

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 19,306