Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns sign Kareem Hunt

CR91

15 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Someone isnt getting the rock when both are healthy and yeah hes better but this will hurt the development of chubb 

Kareem Hunt is going to be suspended, at least six games, maybe significantly longer. 

And Mark Ingram didn't hurt Kamara's development, so I don't see why Hunt would hurt Chubb's development. I think Chubb and Hunt would complement each other perfectly, as long as Freddie Kitchens knows what he's doing.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

I wouldn't say anyone necessarily deserves a second chance. But I don't agree with writing people off when they've lived down a mistake. I'm fine with a team doing their due diligence on Hunt and deciding they're okay with bringing him in. And Dorsey had a leg up on it because he drafted Hunt and knows him, to some extent.

So, just condemn everyone on their first mistake? 

22 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well damn seems like a dumb move to me when they have Chubb who I think is very good

Great, great signing.    I think he'll get suspended for 6 games and it will be reduced to 4.   So he will be in the Browns backfield for most of the season and Chubbs legs will be well rested the rest of the way.  

12 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Yeah, it basically contradicted the first...so, I have no idea where you stand?

It means that pushing a woman who is attacking you can warrant a second chance.    Killing the woman does not.

1 hour ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Yeah, it basically contradicted the first...so, I have no idea where you stand?

It's not contradictory at all. I don't see how my initial post is confusing in any way.

Saying 'people deserve a second chance' is a blanket statement that isn't always true. 

Saying 'anyone who does X should never play in the NFL again' is a blanket statement that isn't always true.

On an individual basis, decision makers can determine whether they wish to grant a person a second chance. That person may have done everything they possibly can to right whatever wrong they were involved in, and they may have shown that they have grown and are responsible and all that. But whether they get a second chance or not is dependent on whether anyone is willing to extend that second chance. They don't have an inherent right to a second chance, and if a team decides they don't want to sign him, they aren't wronging him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Kareem Hunt is going to be suspended, at least six games, maybe significantly longer. 

And Mark Ingram didn't hurt Kamara's development, so I don't see why Hunt would hurt Chubb's development. I think Chubb and Hunt would complement each other perfectly, as long as Freddie Kitchens knows what he's doing.

Yeah...Chubb will be just fine. It's only a one year deal anyways.

The only people who lose in this are possible Duke Johnson, Nick Chubb owners in dynasty leagues and DCs who have to gameplan against CLE each week.

If Duke Johnson gets released, I hope Ballard takes a look. Colts could use that type of playmaker in the passing game. Hines isn't on that level.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Four2itus said:

To me, the second chance option can sometimes fall into place for those who were still maturing teenagers. Sometimes....

Your actions as an adult are your own. 

In all reality is there an exact age when all of a sudden it's time to be an adult?  

The maturity level and at what age is different in all individuals.

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

In all reality is there an exact age when all of a sudden it's time to be an adult?  

Agreed. I never really started maturing until a few years ago (when I was 28). I never smoked, drank, did drugs or partied, but I was very immature, got into a lot of fights, and was irresponsible financially. It clicked a few years ago and I'm happy it did. Much better when you have security and goals in your life. Now I know what I want to accomplish, and I'm very disciplined in my approach. Most people don't reach this until they are at least 21.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed. I never really started maturing until a few years ago (when I was 28). I never smoked, drank, did drugs or partied, but I was very immature, got into a lot of fights, and was irresponsible financially. It clicked a few years ago and I'm happy it did. Much better when you have security and goals in your life. Now I know what I want to accomplish, and I'm very disciplined in my approach. Most people don't reach this until they are at least 21.

I didn't really grow up till 40. So you're doing awesome if you ask me. I had all the money, women and all that crap but a very selfish, angry and violent dude. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I didn't really grow up till 40. So you're doing awesome if you ask me. I had all the money, women and all that crap but a very selfish, angry and violent dude. 

Yeah, it takes awhile to settle down and learn, especially for the guys. I really wasn't a huge womanizer. I've only had 4 girlfriends in my life tbh. Money was a huge problem for me, and I had to figure that out the hard way. Was an only child, so I've always been selfish as well. Used to getting everything from my parents at a young age, and when that stopped, it upset me. I played online poker at 18 until it became illegal in the U.S. to fund myself, and I started spending it irresponsibly until I stopped playing. Now that I'm older, I know the value of money and am more grown up than my younger days. Sometimes life has to hit you hard for it to happen. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Bill Romanowski, I'm honored to have a real NFL player post here.

haha:D:)

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sounds like the stance some coaches from high school forward might use when their star player does something terrible, all in the name of winning. If you are on an NFL team being paid as a professional, you are an adult, period. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Sounds like the stance some coaches from high school forward might use when their star player does something terrible, all in the name of winning. If you are on an NFL team being paid as a professional, you are an adult, period. 

Nonsense.

I speak from years of experience of watching and dealing with young teenagers growing into adulthood. Maturity varies from person to person. Age does not necessarily have anything to do with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nonsense.

I speak from years of experience of watching and dealing with young teenagers growing into adulthood. Maturity varies from person to person. Age does not necessarily have anything to do with it.

Great. You have experience. So do I. My comments so far have been about one thing only....as it relates to the player this thread was about. You are the one quoting me and asking about the point when someone becomes an adult. He was an adult when he did the things he did. I dont give a rats * how immature he is or was. He is responsible for his actions. 

I wrote this..."To me, the second chance option can sometimes fall into place for those who were still maturing teenagers. Sometimes....

Your actions as an adult are your own. "

13 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Great. You have experience. So do I. My comments so far have been about one thing only....as it relates to the player this thread was about. You are the one quoting me and asking about the point when someone becomes an adult. He was an adult when he did the things he did. I dont give a rats * how immature he is or was. He is responsible for his actions. 

I wrote this..."To me, the second chance option can sometimes fall into place for those who were still maturing teenagers. Sometimes....

Your actions as an adult are your own. "

Being legal age has little to do with the maturity one has. Being a legal adult also does not mean that adult mature choices will be made.  

At my age I look back and realize even though I thought I was grown up I still made dumb choices. The older you get the more you begin to realize the smarter your parents and grand parents really were.

A lot of these athletes have been pampered most of their lives. They don't have the experience or the tools to be adults yet. Also a lot of them haven't broke the strings from being the 'man' to actually becoming a man. There are legally grown men who never mature enough to stand on their own two feet.

If all of us were as smart and as mature as we thought we were we wouldn't have had to go through near as much as most of do before we become mature adults.

Now instead of thinking about what I said it seems you want to argue about it.

No thanks, I like to think I am past most of that.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:33 AM, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

So, just condemn everyone on their first mistake? 

There’s some difference between saying somebody shouldn’t be condemned and that they *deserve* a second chance.

Maybe some of this is just semantics.  But, to me, saying somebody “deserves” something implies that what they’ve done (good or bad) logically follows into some warranted consequence.

A man who physically assaults a woman doesn’t *deserve* anything positive for having done so.  But that doesn’t mean they should be permanently ostracized socially and professionally.

31 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

There’s some difference between saying somebody shouldn’t be condemned and that they *deserve* a second chance.

Maybe some of this is just semantics.  But, to me, saying somebody “deserves” something implies that what they’ve done (good or bad) logically follows into some warranted consequence.

A man who physically assaults a woman doesn’t *deserve* anything positive for having done so.  But that doesn’t mean they should be permanently ostracized socially and professionally.

Hunt does deserve a second chance to play in the NFL. What he did was bad for sure but what he did didn't have anything to do with his play on the field.

Bickering over how it is worded is silly.

In all fairness Hunt was provoked by the female in question. I am not condoning what he did but it happens every day. I think most of us have been pushed and provoked to the point we have done something out of what we think our character is.

I feel like the timing of Hunt's release by KC, relative to where they were in the 2018 season, was a major factor to them not beating the Patriots in the AFCCG. I know Williams was filling in admirably, but it seems like Hunt makes a big play in every game against NE and that they really missed him from a match-up perspective. 

That said, it feels like it's too soon to sign this guy. I think I would have let the legal situation play out a bit first. Or maybe wait until at least a little of the backlash subsides. 

• Like 1