Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns sign Kareem Hunt

CR91

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is probably a good move. He probably came cheap because of this incident. So really there probably is low risk.  If he has turned his life around it could work amazing. If he screws up it didn’t cost much. From what I read he is now engaged to this woman and has said how embarrassed he is. Time will tell.

I agree.  I don’t think Cleveland has much to lose here.  It would be one thing if this were a third chance or a Josh Gordon situation.  But I don’t think Hunt’s transgressions warrant banishment (whether formal or informal).

A lot more potential upside than downside.

John Dorsey continues to impress me.  He might well be building a powerhouse in Cleveland.  And let’s not forget who his protege is.

• Like 1

Too soon, and not worth it.  Let Cleveland deal with the PR nightmares......  This league has proven you can get away with murder, and make the hall of fame.... so not surprised, just disgusted.....

Plenty here talk of how horrible it would be having guys like AB, or LeVeon on this team, but then commend the Browns for moves like this.... amazing.

19 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Too soon, and not worth it.  Let Cleveland deal with the PR nightmares......  This league has proven you can get away with murder, and make the hall of fame.... so not surprised, just disgusted.....

Plenty here talk of how horrible it would be having guys like AB, or LeVeon on this team, but then commend the Browns for moves like this.... amazing.

If the colts could get either of those players for cheap where it was low risk I don’t think anyone would coomplain. The problem with those two is they are not going to come cheap. If they came cheap and then got paid after they proved themselves I don’t think anyone would complain. This situation is nothing like the AB OR LB situation.  Ballard will take risk on a troubled player. He just isn’t going to pay them until they prove they can keep their nose clean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

If the colts could get either of those players for cheap where it was low risk I don’t think anyone would complain. 

I would be *, and I would say so. 

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Probably not the same posters

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

What Hunt did had nothing to do with his team like Brown and Bell has done. Two different issues. He didn't quit or play diva with his team mates.

Big difference when the issues are off the field rather than on the field.

As far a PR nightmare the Browns have face a lot worse in their history than what this is going to bring.

When they start winning games this wont matter. We all know winning cures all the negative problems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah when they have a stud in Chubb I wish we signed him too but that was never happening 

I think Hunt is better than Chubb but regardless whats wrong with having 2 good RB's?

And once in a while a player in the NFL will get injured. Now there's insurance if one of them gets injured.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The woman he did  this to forgave him and they are engaged. He has also apologized. I think he deserves a second chance. No third chance though if he screws up again.

I don’t know if I’d say he “deserves” a second chance.

But I would say that it’s fine with me that a team’s willing to give him one.  I wouldn’t have a problem if we’d have signed him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If the colts could get either of those players for cheap where it was low risk I don’t think anyone would coomplain. The problem with those two is they are not going to come cheap. If they came cheap and then got paid after they proved themselves I don’t think anyone would complain. This situation is nothing like the AB OR LB situation.  Ballard will take risk on a troubled player. He just isn’t going to pay them until they prove they can keep their nose clean.

The only problem is once they prove they can keep their nose clean, they will have been signed already or be much more expensive when the rest of the league realizes that too. Sometimes you have to take a risk like the Browns did. We'll see if it pays off for them.

25 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think Hunt is better than Chubb but regardless whats wrong with having 2 good RB's?

And once in a while a player in the NFL will get injured. Now there's insurance if one of them gets injured.

Someone isnt getting the rock when both are healthy and yeah hes better but this will hurt the development of chubb 

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The only problem is once they prove they can keep their nose clean, they will have been signed already or be much more expensive when the rest of the league realizes that too. Sometimes you have to take a risk like the Browns did. We'll see if it pays off for them.

Hunts new contract is only for 1 million and one year. It’s basically no risk. The LB AND AB thing is so much different.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Hunts new contract is only for 1 million and one year. It’s basically no risk. The LB AND AB thing is so much different.

I don't mean the amount of the contract, I just mean that Hunt won't repeat his previous actions. I 100% agree with you on Bell and Brown. I was personally hoping Ballard would of signed Hunt at that price for a year. At worst, we release him. If we don't re-sign him to a long-term deal, we could get a compensatory pick. Then, of course, best case scenario, we keep him for just money.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Someone isnt getting the rock when both are healthy and yeah hes better but this will hurt the development of chubb 

Chubb is already developed.  Most teams in the NFL uses RBBC so what the difference if the Browns do it with Chubb and Hunt?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Chubb is already developed.  Most teams in the NFL uses RBBC so what the difference if the Browns do it with Chubb and Hunt?

Well its gonna be great they both wont be there for over a year browns just had the stones to sign him unlike every other team in the league 

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What Hunt did had nothing to do with his team like Brown and Bell has done. Two different issues. He didn't quit or play diva with his team mates.

Big difference when the issues are off the field rather than on the field.

As far a PR nightmare the Browns have face a lot worse in their history than what this is going to bring.

When they start winning games this wont matter. We all know winning cures all the negative problems.

Hunt lied to either the FO or coaches (or both). I wouldn’t say his actions had nothing to do with the team. 

I think CLE is smart to do this now. There’s still FA and the draft to push this story to the back burner. Plenty of other things to cover and time to forget. 

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Hunt lied to either the FO or coaches (or both). I wouldn’t say his actions had nothing to do with the team. 

I think CLE is smart to do this now. There’s still FA and the draft to push this story to the back burner. Plenty of other things to cover and time to forget. 

Hunt lied to either the FO or coaches or both is not the same as quitting on your team mates or being a diva and only caring for yourself.

Hunt being young and stupid is his issue.

Hunt was signed by an up and coming team and I think it was a smart move by both.

The bottomline is people DESERVE a 2nd chance. We can't permanently condemn someone for a mistake they made. People are entitled to change, it's what makes us great, our ability to learn from mistakes, adapt, and come out of the other side a better human being. I don't in any way condone this kind of thing, but I also choose to live by the saying "Don't cast judgment on a person just because they sin differently than you."  We all have problems/issues, some greater than others no doubt, but everyone deserves a chance to reconcile themselves, and grow through their various adversities. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

PR nightmare = 3 people on twitter nobody cares about.

1 hour ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

people DESERVE a 2nd chance.

I wouldn't say anyone necessarily deserves a second chance. But I don't agree with writing people off when they've lived down a mistake. I'm fine with a team doing their due diligence on Hunt and deciding they're okay with bringing him in. And Dorsey had a leg up on it because he drafted Hunt and knows him, to some extent.

• Like 1