Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 3 FA wants

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Autry 9 sacks in 12 games in 2018.

Jarrett 6 sacks in 16 games in 2018.

Autry is going to make roughly 5-6 Million next year.     Jarrett is going to get roughly $15-16 Mill.

What's to disagree with?      Those are the facts.

I appreciate that PFF ranked Jarrett high and Autry low.     Then again,  I don't know that Ballard views the 3-tech that Autry plays as a run stopping position as much as a pass rushing position.   So, Jarrett having a better all around game is great.    But if he's not getting home to the QB,  is he really worth that much money to Ballard?

Last thought....    I'm not reading anything, anywhere that says the Falcons are going to let him go on to the market.    They will either re-sign him,  or tag him.   

So this exchange is just an intellectual exercise.....

I already explained the performance part in that reply. There is more to performance than just sacks. 

And they probably will keep him, one way or the other. Suh might be the only interior DL in prime age (and without red flags) that hit the market this past decade.

5 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I very much disagree that Lewis was a force last season. Even if we disregard his poor PFF grade, he had very little production in what amounted to basically a half season. As a DE...he was not good. Fortunately, I think he will be playing inside going forward...so hopefully there is some upside there.

Even without the injuries, I doubt Lewis (and Turay) have much bearing on Ballard's offseason plan. 

He played 8,starting 6 in an 18 games season. That's 1/3 of season to base off. He dominated the Cowboys and Jags games. And to me, was noticeably missed in the postseason when he was out with injury. He might not be a true edge rusher, but he was never meant to be one in this defense. And it doesn't change that he played very well when he finally got on the field.

Lol to you using pff. Their ratings were off for so many players this year that if I were paying for their service, I'd be embarrassed at myself for such a waste of money. 

No player outside of Andrew Luck has any bearing to Ballard's offseason plan... 

On 2/16/2019 at 7:51 AM, wig said:

I like how you both state Ballard values the front 4 more than anything, which he consistently states AND say there is zero chance at going after by far the best interior pass rusher that will be available. 

I don't think he said that.  I think his zero chance statement has more to do with the dollars attached to the player versus the production.  Particularly when compared to the guy(Denico Autry) who he just picked up for peanuts and got about 8 sacks on  a DL with no big time edge rushers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm wondering what Suh would have to be paid this year?  Oh nevermind I noticed he's 32 now.

Yeah I would have loved to had Suh skills in another drama free person. Not sure what he has left in the tank but heard he was stuffing the run in the playoffs

12 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

He played 8,starting 6 in an 18 games season. That's 1/3 of season to base off. He dominated the Cowboys and Jags games. And to me, was noticeably missed in the postseason when he was out with injury. He might not be a true edge rusher, but he was never meant to be one in this defense. And it doesn't change that he played very well when he finally got on the field.

Lol to you using pff. Their ratings were off for so many players this year that if I were paying for their service, I'd be embarrassed at myself for such a waste of money. 

No player outside of Andrew Luck has any bearing to Ballard's offseason plan... 

He was noticeably missed? He played in less than half of the TEN game...Colts won by 16. He didn't play in the HOU game...Colts won by 14. 

He was definitely not the missing link in that KC game. That was just a thorough butt whooping due to the lack of talent on both sides.

We will just have to disagree on him playing "very well." He was just not effective as a DE...which is where he played most of his snaps (likely due to injuries and a lack of talent/depth). You can write PFF off...but their ranking (which was at edge) met the eye test.

I am not writing him off as a DT though...which is why he was drafted. But if he is getting starter snaps at DE next year (without multiple injuries at the position)...I think Ballard failed to address the position.