TYtheGHOST

AAF league

Recommended Posts

The Orlando-San Antonio was the game of the year so far. Good offense, 37-29. There were 29k people there and the crowd was into it. The Iron also won this weekend too! 2-0!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Trent Richardson ran for 91 yards and scored the winning touchdown against Salt Lake. He looks more fit and in shape now. 

 

I'd like to see more games for a bigger sample data. Richardson's expertise is brute raw strength, which is also why he did so well in college -- his opposition was undersized. Now we're placing Trent in a development league and suddenly we're surprised he's doing well? I'm not biting yet. You put me into a game with a bunch of old ladies and I can make myself look strong, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

 

I'd like to see more games for a bigger sample data. Richardson's expertise is brute raw strength, which is also why he did so well in college -- his opposition was undersized. Now we're placing Trent in a development league and suddenly we're surprised he's doing well? I'm not biting yet. You put me into a game with a bunch of old ladies and I can make myself look strong, too.

I don't know. Betty White looked pretty tough in that Snickers commercial.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forecast looks rough. Tom Dundon (Carolina Hurricanes Owner) gave $250 million last week so that they could make payroll. Apparently the league needed 9 figures for it. 

 

And now hes going to become some kind of executive in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Forecast looks rough. Tom Dundon (Carolina Hurricanes Owner) gave $250 million last week so that they could make payroll. Apparently the league needed 9 figures for it. 

 

And now hes going to become some kind of executive in the league. 

Typical for new leagues.   Having someone willing to invest $250 million may be a good sign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

Typical for new leagues.   Having someone willing to invest $250 million may be a good sign. 

 

Maybe. If they needed 9 figures to make weekly payroll that means that bought them, at most, two and a half weeks unless someone else wants to pony up, or the revenue stream picks up to sustain itself. 

 

That’s no chump change, and the pool of willing investors at that price is real tiny. 

 

The cost of operations versus income just doesn’t seem sustainable.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

 

Maybe. If they needed 9 figures to make weekly payroll that means that bought them, at most, two and a half weeks unless someone else wants to pony up, or the revenue stream picks up to sustain itself. 

 

That’s no chump change, and the pool of willing investors at that price is real tiny. 

 

The cost of operations versus income just doesn’t seem sustainable.   

Having no commercial timeouts is hurting the AAF. The AAF isn't making money off of their TV deal. They have to start adding more commercials if they want to get more money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't get the whole developmental league thing. The NFL already has several "developmental leagues" -- like the SEC, Big-10, Pac-12, etc. Most of the players on these AAF teams are guys who played a few snaps here and there or hung around on a practice squad with an NFL team and didn't make it. So far, some of the games have been entertaining, but the quality of play, particularly at QB, just isn't all that good. Whatever it is, it still beats watching basketball.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

I just don't get the whole developmental league thing. The NFL already has several "developmental leagues" -- like the SEC, Big-10, Pac-12, etc. Most of the players on these AAF teams are guys who played a few snaps here and there or hung around on a practice squad with an NFL team and didn't make it. So far, some of the games have been entertaining, but the quality of play, particularly at QB, just isn't all that good. Whatever it is, it still beats watching basketball.

The benefit of this league is that they may produce some NFL stars.    The style of play is the same as the NFL for the most part.   I don't think we'll see QB's start in the NFL, but O-line and D-line may end up starting in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

I just don't get the whole developmental league thing. The NFL already has several "developmental leagues" -- like the SEC, Big-10, Pac-12, etc.

 

True, but something tells me Alabama isn't going to let Trent Richardson back into a uniform, so that's like comparing apples to oranges.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.