CR91

Andrew's supporting cast

Recommended Posts

We have had four full seasons where Andrew was healthy and hes finished each season with a double digit win season and four playoff seasons with 4 playoff wins, two on the road, with imo one of the worst supporting case on offense and defense. Lets breakdown his supporting case.

 

Bust

Trent Richardson

Laron Landry

Khlad Holmes

Phillip Dorsett

Leraven Clark

Bjoern Werner

Djoun Smith

Ricky Jean Francios

Darius Hayward Bey

Hugh Thornton

Mike Mcglynn

Samson Stalae

Greg Toler

Tarrell Basham

 

JAG

Coby Fleenor

Dwayne Allen

Donte Moncrief

Dan Herron

Vick Ballard

Gosder Cherlius

Henry Anderson

Kendall Langford

Ryan Grant

Joe Haeg

Chester Rogers

 

 

Potential

Bradan Smith

Mark Glowinski

Clayton Geathers

Quincy Wilson

 

 

Looking Like A Star

Quenton Nelson

Ryan Kelly

Darius Leonard

Marlon Mack

Kenny Moore

Malik Hooker

Eric Ebron

Anthony Walker

 

Legit

Vontae Davis

Anthony Castonzo

Jerrell Freeman

D'Qwell Jackson

Pat Mcafee

Cory Redding

Mike Adams

Erik Walden

Antoine Bethea

Jack Mewhort

Jabal Sheard

Jack Doyle

 

HOF

Reggie Wayne

Robert Mathis

Adam Vinateri

Frank Gore

T.Y Hilton

 

Now yea the recent talent skewers the numbers, however that is one year compared to three heathly seasons with a lackluster roster. Now I put five HOFers including Hilton who I think will be a HOFer, but Wayne Gore and mathis were past their prime.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Where would Andre Johnson fit?

 

I had a hard time with that. Him and Luck never seem to connect abd his best game, Luck didnt play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

No way should Le'Raven Clark be in the bust category, JAG perhaps.

 

 

He's a bust I think.  I would be surprised if he's on the team next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rock8591 said:

No way should Le'Raven Clark be in the bust category, JAG perhaps.

 

 

 

Hes a third round pick that has amounted to nothing more then a healthy scratch come game day going into his fourth year. Hes a bust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

JMO but Mack has a long ways to go before he's looking like a star. 

 

He had 900 yards in just 12 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Still not looking like a star IMO.  

 

I think I saw a stat where he outpaced zeke and barkley in last 5 games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I think you put too many players looking like stars. 

 

Who shouldn't be on the list? Hooker lowered our 20+ yard plays and Walker was a pleasant surprise in the middle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Still not looking like a star IMO.  

Well if going from the bottom of the league to having a very good running game does not impress you I don't know what to tell you. Mack played a huge part in making that happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Hes a third round pick that has amounted to nothing more then a healthy scratch come game day going into his fourth year. Hes a bust. 

That’s just it he’s a third round pick. He had way to high expectations set for him he’s not a bust he’s a depth tackle that was viewed to have a lot of potential but has yet to reach it going in to his 4th year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

That’s just it he’s a third round pick. He had way to high expectations set for him he’s not a bust he’s a depth tackle that was viewed to have a lot of potential but has yet to reach it going in to his 4th year.

 

A third round pick is still an early pick. Guys like Hines, Wilkins, Mack, Hairston, and Walker were late picks and they have flourished in shorter time. Even Haeg has outplayed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

A third round pick is still an early pick. Guys like Hines, Wilkins, Mack, Hairston, and Walker were late picks and they have flourished in shorter time. Even Haeg has outplayed him.

I just don’t see him being a bust when he’s a 3 rounder with his 3rd oline coach going into his 4th year. A bust is Jamarcus Russell, Trent Richardson, or rg3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I just don’t see him being a bust when he’s a 3 rounder with his 3rd oline coach going into his 4th year. A bust is Jamarcus Russell, Trent Richardson, or rg3. 

 

So because he's a third round pick, hes not a bust? Do you consider Basham to be a bust? How about Kevin Thomas? Drake Nevis?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Just think of what he could do if he wasn't throwing to essentially practice squad players. Get the man some weapons before he's out of his prime! I don't see Luck playing til he's 100 like Brady/Brees...

Yup. What Luck did was pretty incredible when you consider who he had for targets. Doyle going down really had to hurt. Ebron surprised everybody, TY was his usual "studly" self despite double coverage and playing through pain, and Inman was a nice addition. The rest were more like the Seven Dwarfs. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just gonna say this, after we ditched Fleenor, we didn’t make the playoffs again until we got Ebron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m just gonna say this, after we ditched Fleenor, we didn’t make the playoffs again until we got Ebron

That had far more to not having luck than not having Fleener 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That had far more to not having luck than not having Fleener 

Possibly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Possibly 

 

Fleenor couldn't even last with the saints and their TE room is lacking. I dont even think hes in the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Fleenor couldn't even last with the saints and their TE room is lacking. I dont even think hes in the league

Perhaps. But I do think it’s worth noting. Simply because it seems that Luck likes to have that TE that can make dynamic catches . Doyle was ok but him being hurt this year makes him a non factor at this point in time. Can’t wait to see both Doyle and Ebron again in the game at the same time with another year under Franks system. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

So because he's a third round pick, hes not a bust? Do you consider Basham to be a bust? How about Kevin Thomas? Drake Nevis?

He's firmly in the JAG category as of this year,  He's played 15 and 12 games the last 2 seasons, starting 9....  so he's definitely more than "a player who has amounted to nothing more than a healthy scratch come game day going in to year 4"  Could he have been better thus far, or a better player picked in his draft position?  Sure, absolutely.....  as well as the opposite being just as plausible.  There are all these shades of gray, it's not simply good player or bust....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Perhaps. But I do think it’s worth noting. Simply because it seems that Luck likes to have that TE that can make dynamic catches . Doyle was ok but him being hurt this year makes him a non factor at this point in time. Can’t wait to see both Doyle and Ebron again in the game at the same time with another year under Franks system. 

When Doyle is on the field he is better than OK.  Doyle is Luck's safety valve and moves the chains. He has some of the best hands on the team.

One sentence, Doyle is a non factor at this point and time.

Another sentence, Can't wait to see Doyle and Ebron again.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

He's firmly in the JAG category as of this year,  He's played 15 and 12 games the last 2 seasons, starting 9....  so he's definitely more than "a player who has amounted to nothing more than a healthy scratch come game day going in to year 4"  Could he have been better thus far, or a better player picked in his draft position?  Sure, absolutely.....  as well as the opposite being just as plausible.  There are all these shades of gray, it's not simply good player or bust....

 

He only starts out of necessity. If there are no options. It took AC, Webb, and Haeg being injuried for him to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

He only starts out of necessity. If there are no options. It took AC, Webb, and Haeg being injuried for him to start.

You could be right, Dude could bust out and never play another down..... Or he could develop into an average player.... either is just as likely, he was an acknowledged project pick when drafted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

You could be right, Dude could bust out and never play another down..... Or he could develop into an average player.... either is just as likely, he was an acknowledged project pick when drafted.

 

Well this projected unforunately failed. Even Ballard has said Clark needs to prove it at this stage in his career.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Well this projected unforunately failed. Even Ballard has said Clark needs to prove it at this stage in his career.

Agreed.  I would also move Ryan Grant into the Bust category.  What exactly did he do this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Who shouldn't be on the list? Hooker lowered our 20+ yard plays and Walker was a pleasant surprise in the middle. 

 

Pleasant surprise =/= rising star. 

 

IMO, Walker is much more JAG than anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

Pleasant surprise =/= rising star. 

 

IMO, Walker is much more JAG than anything else.

 

He was second on the team in tackles. Leonard getting all the praise took away from Walkers very good season

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Agreed.  I would also move Ryan Grant into the Bust category.  What exactly did he do this year?

 

He was doing ok before he got hurt. Wasn't a world beater, but I don't think the expectations were that high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

He was second on the team in tackles. Leonard getting all the praise took away from Walkers very good season

 

He was doing ok before he got hurt. Wasn't a world beater, but I don't think the expectations were that high. 

Grant got out performed by a guy signed late mid season...  He was given a W2 style contract.  He didn't even live up to a WR4...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

 

Pleasant surprise =/= rising star. 

 

IMO, Walker is much more JAG than anything else.

Walker JAG?! You're nuts.  Look at how badly the D performed the one game he was out.  His communication is KEY to that D and he was responsible to getting guys in the right spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Walker JAG?! You're nuts.  Look at how badly the D performed the one game he was out.  His communication is KEY to that D and he was responsible to getting guys in the right spot.

 

The DL didn't even touch the other Manning statue in that game...had nothing to do with Walker. Pretty sure Walker was back in there for that KC game...and was objectively bad for most of that game.

 

I just think he's much closer to "JAG" than "rising star"...if we are categorizing players. He is not very good in pass coverage and has a tendency to overpursue and take bad angles.

 

That doesn't make him a bad player though. PFF graded as the #60 LB last year...an average player. He has more potential than an average player though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 2:41 PM, CR91 said:

 

So because he's a third round pick, hes not a bust? Do you consider Basham to be a bust? How about Kevin Thomas? Drake Nevis?

No I wouldn’t most 3rd round players aren’t starting most are depth the ones you named above are just guys that didn’t work out for us either way Clark has done way more than any of those guys. So yes because he’s a third round pick, has started in multiple games and provided depth on the oline over the last 3 years I feel comfortable saying that he is not a bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

No I wouldn’t most 3rd round players aren’t starting most are depth the ones you named above are just guys that didn’t work out for us either way Clark has done way more than any of those guys. So yes because he’s a third round pick, has started in multiple games and provided depth on the oline over the last 3 years I feel comfortable saying that he is not a bust.

 

Thats your opinion. Majority of colts fans think hes a bust, but if you disagree its fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I actually thought this thread would be about having the 32nd pick in the first round of the NFL draft. That would ensure that the player would have a 5th year option for us as opposed to the 34th pick or later picks, where we only have 4 year contracts.
    • This is a terrific question and a fascinating thread.  I don't have a full understanding of how compensatory picks work, but draft capital seems to be king now (especially in light of the rookie salary cap vs. out-of-control free agent contracts).  We didn't need the NFL to tell us the Colts had the best draft class of 2018.  I have reason to believe more good decisions will be made in FA and draft 2019, so this is indeed an exciting time.     Based on Ballard's 2 grand slams and other fine picks last year, you bet I'd buy a 3rd rounder with a viable backup QB.  You can't make Keenum's arm stronger and I don't know if even Luck can make Bortles more serious about football, but just having one of them aboard means you could warm up to Brissett offers and jockey for position in April.     I guess you'd have to take a look at your big board vs. team needs, run the numbers, and start wheeling and dealing accordingly.  This "game within the game" stuff is truly fascinating and probably one of the reasons I enjoy Fantasy Football so much.  Thanks for your post Superman.  Good stuff!
    • Maybe Jachai Polite will fall or even Devin White. There's some decent options at the #13 spot. Not sure if Montez Sweat is worth the #13 pick, but he might be with the combine and pro day coming up.
    • He brought in so many talent potential lads into the Shoe last year. These no-name guys are quickly becoming recognizable faces.    Gotta say that last years draft was amped with talent for many levels and positions. Some potentially playoff caliber quarterbacks too.   This year’s draft will be interesting as it could pose a challenge for most teams outside of the top 10. 
    • Maybe Denver or Washington due to cap space. I'm hoping we get a player in return if he ends up going anywhere. I wouldn't complain about getting a pick either.    I can get behind this but not just for DeAndre Baker maybe a pass rusher or interior D-line will fall. 
  • Members