Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GusFring

Andrew recruiting at the Pro Bowl

Recommended Posts

In true Andrew Luck style, also. 

 

Luck: "You're a free agent?"

 

Mosley: "Yeah I will be"

 

Luck: :: nods and walks away ::

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Superman said:

In true Andrew Luck style, also. 

 

Luck: "You're a free agent?"

 

Mosley: "Yeah I will be"

 

Luck: :: nods and walks away ::

 

Luck is hilariously sneaky. I’m sure he’d love having more impact defensive players like CJ Mosley to help his team win a Super Bowl. Mosley would make this LB core elite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

 

Luck is hilariously sneaky. I’m sure he’d love having more impact defensive players like CJ Mosley to help his team win a Super Bowl. Mosley would make this LB core elite. 

What are the odds he's a Colt if he gets free?   I'll say 100% thanks to Andrew. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Showing that he’s once again a top QB in the league, and that the Colts are on the doorsteps of being elite, is all the recruiting we need.  

 

Last year we heard that some FAs turned us down because they weren’t sure if Luck would play.  

 

This year Ballard will have a lot more options if he chooses.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Showing that he’s once again a top QB in the league, and that the Colts are on the doorsteps of being elite, is all the recruiting we need.  

 

Last year we heard that some FAs turned us down because they weren’t sure if Luck would play.  

 

This year Ballard will have a lot more options if he chooses.  

I agree to some extent. Superstars will not only want the big money but the long contract with many guarantees. Is CB willing to give both those things together? We’ve seen big name FA guys over the years go to really bad teams because they give them the big contract. We may have tried to get some FA guys last year and Luck was a question mark in the mix but had the contract been one that mixed in high dollar with length, most FA money chasers take it regardless of whether they know how the team will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

I agree to some extent. Superstars will not only want the big money but the long contract with many guarantees. Is CB willing to give both those things together? We’ve seen big name FA guys over the years go to really bad teams because they give them the big contract. We may have tried to get some FA guys last year and Luck was a question mark in the mix but had the contract been one that mixed in high dollar with length, most FA money chasers take it regardless of whether they know how the team will be. 

 

And I can't blame them for it.  Their next play could be their last, their next contract could be their last.  IMO, you're worth what someone is willing to pay you.

 

My point was that we know Ballard was turned down by some FAs (at least partially) because they didn't know if Luck would play again.  That ship has sailed.  

 

I'm sure Ballard will use the same scrutiny when making offers.  He's not going to go hog wild with the contracts.  But I think he'll have more takers this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like he just thought of his buddy Anthony Walker as Mosley answered the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Looks like he just thought of his buddy Anthony Walker as Mosley answered the question.

If the Colts got Mosley they would for sure attempt switch one of them to the outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mosely would likely have to play the SAM similar to what Washington used to for the Colts....set the edge and/or rush the passer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

What are the odds he's a Colt if he gets free?   I'll say 100% thanks to Andrew. 

0 percent chance he signs here because Andrew talked to him at the Pro bowl.    If he signs here it will be because of a large contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather have an edge guy, any edge guy, or a safety to pair with Hooker. Even if it's Ansah, that's an upgrade. Should one of the bigger names actually hit FA, I'd be very disappointed if Ballard didn't make every attempt to land them. As far as S go, either Clinton-Dix or Earl Thomas would be amazing. I know both are traditionally FS, but in the scheme Flus is running, that's essentially what you need, two play makers that can close on the ball (ideally) after that QB is effected by the pass rush. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

0 percent chance he signs here because Andrew talked to him at the Pro bowl.    If he signs here it will be because of a large contract

You think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I'd rather have an edge guy, any edge guy, or a safety to pair with Hooker. Even if it's Ansah, that's an upgrade. Should one of the bigger names actually hit FA, I'd be very disappointed if Ballard didn't make every attempt to land them. As far as S go, either Clinton-Dix or Earl Thomas would be amazing. I know both are traditionally FS, but in the scheme Flus is running, that's essentially what you need, two play makers that can close on the ball (ideally) after that QB is effected by the pass rush. 

Agee.  With the way offenses are hitting the short routes, i think the value of box type safeties and LBs who can cover will continue to increas along with salaries.  You can have the fastest two edge rushers in the league and they just dont have time to get there.

  Invest in, and get pressure from your front 4...: especially up the midde which now seems to be more troublesome for QBs (and rbs).  I also agree about the safety to pair with Hooker.  

Today's defens scmust be flexible on that 2nd kevel... VERY flexible.  Get pressure with front 4 and fill those short passing lanes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BProland85 said:

 

Luck is hilariously sneaky. I’m sure he’d love having more impact defensive players like CJ Mosley to help his team win a Super Bowl. Mosley would make this LB core elite. 

I have been under the firm belief that great defenses start with great linebackers. There are good defenses with average backers but most great defenses start and finish with stud backers. We finally have one in Leonard. I really think pairing him with another could help take this defense to another level. We obviously have defensive line/pass rush and defensive back needs... but another stud backer would be Niccceee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Agee.  With the way offenses are hitting the short routes, i think the value of box type safeties and LBs who can cover will continue to increas along with salaries.  You can have the fastest two edge rushers in the league and they just dont have time to get there.

  Invest in, and get pressure from your front 4...: especially up the midde which now seems to be more troublesome for QBs (and rbs).  I also agree about the safety to pair with Hooker.  

Today's defens scmust be flexible on that 2nd kevel... VERY flexible.  Get pressure with front 4 and fill those short passing lanes.

 

Good points and to add on to this, assuming that we have beat NE in order to win the AFC, the best way to limit Brady and Pats offense is to be able to do what you described.

 

Having guys who can close in space combined with a coverage scheme that boxes things in would, in theory, limit YAC which is how NE generates its chunk plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Agee.  With the way offenses are hitting the short routes, i think the value of box type safeties and LBs who can cover will continue to increas along with salaries.  You can have the fastest two edge rushers in the league and they just dont have time to get there.

  Invest in, and get pressure from your front 4...: especially up the midde which now seems to be more troublesome for QBs (and rbs).  I also agree about the safety to pair with Hooker.  

Today's defens scmust be flexible on that 2nd kevel... VERY flexible.  Get pressure with front 4 and fill those short passing lanes.

 

Yep. Give me Leonard, a MLB that can cover and a pair of athletic SSs that can cover as well (in addition to the CBs, Hooker and the DL). That's your base defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mosley is the only one we know about.  And they could have talked more after that.  Luck saw the camera and moved on.  They had a lot of free time to talk to each other at the Pro Bowl.  My guess is Mosley wasn't the only one to receive an overture from Luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't see CJ happening. LB isn't even one of our top 4 or 5 needs. IMO our Tier 1 needs are WR and Edge. Tier 2 CB and DT. Tier 3 S. Tier 4 TE, RB, and LB. 

 

We should be able to get 2 starters in the draft, maybe 3. That leaves likely 2 big needs that we'll need to solve for in FA.

 

We've got the cap space, and ILBs are actually one of the better positions to get in FA, I just think they'll prioritize differently. I can see them going WR and Edge with the first two in the draft, and CB and DT the next two. Spending some cap on a good S in FA (another position that should be good in the FA market this year) would be my guess.

 

But who knows, maybe they go all in and grab a good S and ILB in FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. You gotta love Andrew Luck. The nod and walk away was pure comedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows because this off-season anything could happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MLB may not be a huge need, but i dont think it has to be in order to sign him either.  the ravens dont want him to get away though, and could even tag him

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • It's not nearly as bad, or as big of deal as you are making it out to be. Even in the stories I have seen and read today it's not getting that much attention.  The Colts not going after the money they could get back is what's getting the press.    The booing won't have any effect on FAs; If anything, the absence of an elite QB will be a bigger issue when it comes to attracting FAs.        
    • Yeah...I shouldn't have said active. I meant games he has appeared in.   But if you just look at active games...he will have played in more than half...which is still pretty incredible for a guy drafted into the situation he was. 
    • I do agree with Jimmy our owner too. Andrew isn't really being selfish when you remember all the millions of dollars he leaving on the table.   If you're heart's not in the game anymore because your body keeps betraying you, I could see why turning the page to something else seems appealing to Luck. You watch his press conference & can't help but feel for the guy & what he's endured since he first got here in 2012. He raves about Mathis, Wayne, Hilton, Adam V. The guy doesn't have a malicious bone in his body man. He loves INDY & her diehard fans. The guy is genuinely broken up emotionally over this decision man. He didn't reach it lightly at all.    The funny thing about rage & anger is this: It's only a burden to those who carry it & refuse to release it & let it go over time. Fans have a right to be upset just remember that no one was hoodwinked, swindled, or lied to here. The situation was abrupt, unexpected, even awkward perhaps, but I honestly don't think this news was withheld on purpose by anybody inside the Colts organization. Life teaches us to adapt all the time. The only constant is change & our organization will handle this change with professionalism, dignity, & a sense of renewed purpose like we always do. 
    • I am pretty sure he was active for all 16 games plus two playoff games last year.
    • I would guess not.    He honestly looks like a 155 pound incel there who has been on a bender for 3 weeks.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...