Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bored at Work Mock 2.0

Colts trade Jacoby Brissett for a 2nd rounder!

Rd1: Christian Wilkins DT (Clemson)

Rd2: Montez Sweat DE (Mississippi State)

Rd2: Andre Dillard OT (Washington State)

Rd2: Deebo Samuel WR (South Carolina)

Rd3: Joejuan Williams CB (Vanderbilt)

Rd4: Renell Wren DT (Arizona State)

Rd4: Josh Oliver TE (San Jose State)

Rd5: Will Harris S (Boston College)

Rd6: Travis Fulgham WR (Old Dominion)

Rd7: Justin Layne CB (Michigan State)

Not bad.  I think you'd have to flip your first two picks since Sweat may be gone before Wilkins.  And flip your next two picks because of Deebo going before Dillard.  Also, since we've apparently committed to our current starting OL, I think investing high draft capital in an immediate starter quality OT is probably wasting it.  I'd say an OT in the 4th/5th to act as immediate backup and to compete with Smith.

Unless you think Dillard can replace AC in a couple of years when ACs contract expires, I can then understand that pick. 

I like Williams in the third.  Would prefer a S higher than round 5.

• Like 1

Players rise, players fall, teams are making stupid decisions in the draft you don't know where a player will go...

Yes I think Dillard could replace Castonzo long term. We don't have much quality depth at the Tackle position. Haeg isn't someone you would like to playe more than a few snaps. Dillard would give us a potential Castonzo replacement and would allow us to play Smith at RG if Glowinski gets injured. It may look like a luxuary pick at the moment but Ballard likes to build the trenches and a guy like Dillard would strengthen our Line. And there is not much quality on OL this year.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, austriancolt said:

Players rise, players fall, teams are making stupid decisions in the draft you don't know where a player will go...

Yes I think Dillard could replace Castonzo long term. We don't have much quality depth at the Tackle position. Haeg isn't someone you would like to playe more than a few snaps. Dillard would give us a potential Castonzo replacement and would allow us to play Smith at RG if Glowinski gets injured. It may look like a luxuary pick at the moment but Ballard likes to build the trenches and a guy like Dillard would strengthen our Line. And there is not much quality on OL this year.

Not that it means anything, but something to watch....  when he was drafted, and in his rookie year, H. Mudd was quoted as saying he thought Haeg was the most talented OL the Colt's had on the roster, and the one he thought would have the best career....  that was of course when outside Castonzo, the OL was garbage.... but, Mudd's assessment DID include Castonzo....  We'll see if the new OL coach can unlock any leftover potential with Haeg, and maybe put a little Mudd on it, so to speak....