Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chad72

SB ratings hit a 10 year low

Recommended Posts

yeah it was a boring game with unpopular teams and a lame half time show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game still had a great market share. 
I grew up watching Doomsday, Purple People Eaters, the Steel Curtain, and Butkus.
So i know how to enjoy a great defensive game. Wussy football is fun too.
 Until your Goat is one and done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

The game still had a great market share. 
I grew up watching Doomsday, Purple People Eaters, the Steel Curtain, and Butkus.
So i know how to enjoy a great defensive game. Wussy football is fun too.
 Until your Goat is one and done.

i didnt think the defense was very entertaining this time.  the patriots just had the rams figured out, and didnt make many big plays expect for the interception near the end.  thats when i turned it off too

 

the rams defense was good but you cant win if you dont show up on offense these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the old Karate Kid I & II that I got from the flea market for $3 with Ralph Macchio and the rest instead of the SB. Probably a good thing, had a lot of fun seeing an actual great duo of movies. Honestly just sick of the Pats in the SB, and the Rams being an LA team now as well didn't make me want to see them win that bad either. Just like the world series last year to me. Absolute garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I watched the old Karate Kid I & II that I got from the flea market for $3 with Ralph Macchio and the rest instead of the SB. Probably a good thing, had a lot of fun seeing an actual great duo of movies. Honestly just sick of the Pats in the SB, and the Rams being an LA team now as well didn't make me want to see them win that bad either. Just like the world series last year to me. Absolute garbage.

I had it on the Weather Channel watching worst winter storms lmao for about 80% of the game. I would flip now and then just to check the score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not really surprised.    

 

I hope in the future ratings pick up again, but I don't see that happening unless and until we get more exciting,  non-predictable games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Not surprising, people are puke sick

of the Patriots.

No I bet if it had been Saints v Pats... or as peoplemlike to do Brady v Brees it would been a top rated SB.. the problem is the Rams have like 5 fans!  The SB sounded like a Pats Home Game!! It was just sad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

No I bet if it had been Saints v Pats... or as peoplemlike to do Brady v Brees it would been a top rated SB.. the problem is the Rams have like 5 fans!  The SB sounded like a Pats Home Game!! It was just sad!

I believe it would have been viewed by a lot more if the Saints were in it.

 

I read the viewership in Louisiana is normally around 50% and it was something  like  26% This year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

yeah it was a boring game with unpopular teams and a lame half time show

I hated the halftime show.  But then again I am not normally a fan of it.

 

I did like Bruno Mars, Paul McCartney and of course Prince.

 

Those are the only 3 that I remember being enjoyable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I hated the halftime show.  But then again I am not normally a fan of it.

 

I did like Bruno Mars, Paul McCartney and of course Prince.

 

Those are the only 3 that I remember being enjoyable.

Tom Petty was pretty good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/04/super-bowl-rating-hits-a-10-year-low/

 

I DVRed the SB and deleted it once I found who won it!!! Did not watch a single second, went to the movies instead and enjoyed my evening. :) 

 

 

Same here. I made a decision after the championship games not to watch the Super Bowl or follow any pre-SB or post-SB coverage. I stayed home and watched a movie and exchanged messages with a friend and my siblings. I heard I did not miss much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this great golf game for my XBOX1. "The Golf Club 2". It has this really cool feature called The Course Designer, which I spend much more time on it than actually playing golf.

Its so good that professional golf course designers use it to make their presentation s for their furure courses. Anyway, thats what I was doing during the Cheater bowl. I worked on my golf course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched an old movie with  Halle Berry on Netflix. I thought I was being bad only to see most of you did something similar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard about this on golic and wingo.. if you think about it.. it was just a home game for the Patriots. The Rams have no fans anymore since moving.

 

Saints fans weren't watching..

And AFC fans weren't watching.. 

 

I admit I watching the whole paint drying session. Just for the sliver of hope. Lol but it's okay. I'll probably skip Superbowl 54 between the Patriots and poor opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I heard about this on golic and wingo.. if you think about it.. it was just a home game for the Patriots. The Rams have no fans anymore since moving.


The announcers were noticing that when the Rams were on offense, the stadium was loud. With the Patriots, it was a lot more quiet. Also, at one point, even thru my TV, I could hear chants of "Brady Brady Brady" in the 4th Q, and the announcers picked it up as well. Yes, a very pro-Patriots crowd, or perhaps should I say an anti-Rams crowd.

Had the Saints been playing, I think they would have had a lot more support. Drew Brees is such a great guy, and I know the city of New Orleans would love to bring the Lombardi back one last time before Brees hangs it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:


The announcers were noticing that when the Rams were on offense, the stadium was loud. With the Patriots, it was a lot more quiet. Also, at one point, even thru my TV, I could hear chants of "Brady Brady Brady" in the 4th Q, and the announcers picked it up as well. Yes, a very pro-Patriots crowd, or perhaps should I say an anti-Rams crowd.

Had the Saints been playing, I think they would have had a lot more support. Drew Brees is such a great guy, and I know the city of New Orleans would love to bring the Lombardi back one last time before Brees hangs it up.

They were chanting for Brady. And 3rd downs even featured the freaking Gillette horn... poor rams. But again why move to LA..

 

The Saints would've had a much bigger following seeing as they're so close. But that would've * Falcons fans off I'm sure. Just what a shame the NFL season ended like that..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

They were chanting for Brady. And 3rd downs even featured the freaking Gillette horn... poor rams. But again why move to LA..

 

The Saints would've had a much bigger following seeing as they're so close. But that would've * Falcons fans off I'm sure. Just what a shame the NFL season ended like that..

 

But aren't the majority of SB tickets given/bought by corporate America or somerhing? Could be wrong I guess. I find it odd that the vast majority of fans from supposedly different regions were rooting for Brady and Pats when the vast majority of people outside of Boston and ESPN Hate them. 

:scratch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

But aren't the majority of SB tickets given/bought by corporate America or somerhing? Could be wrong I guess. I find it odd that the vast majority of fans from supposedly different regions were rooting for Brady and Pats when the vast majority of people outside of Boston and ESPN Hate them. 

:scratch:

I, too, thought it was odd to say the least.

 

I was surprised at the show of support for NE at the stadium.    It was like they were at a home game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to corruption there is no end. They probably sold/distributed tickets to known pat fans to make us beleive that they are loved not hated by America. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

But aren't the majority of SB tickets given/bought by corporate America or somerhing? Could be wrong I guess. I find it odd that the vast majority of fans from supposedly different regions were rooting for Brady and Pats when the vast majority of people outside of Boston and ESPN Hate them. 

:scratch:

I honestly have no clue..  I thought the same thing. Tom Brady was booed very loudly at Superbowl 50 when they brought the former MVP's out. To chanting "Brady".. Perhaps things have changed in a few short years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I honestly have no clue..  I thought the same thing. Tom Brady was booed very loudly at Superbowl 50 when they brought the former MVP's out. To chanting "Brady".. Perhaps things have changed in a few short years. 

 

I doubt anything has changed the people's hate, disgust, and veiw of him and his cohorts. The only logical thing to think is that they did a great job of distributing SB tickets to known pat fans. Maybe to assure that what you said happened at SB 50 doesn't happen again. 

You never know what these people stay up all night thinking, planning, and scheming. Lol

Like you said last week, maybe your kids will live long enough to see their cheating dynasty end. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I honestly have no clue..  I thought the same thing. Tom Brady was booed very loudly at Superbowl 50 when they brought the former MVP's out. To chanting "Brady".. Perhaps things have changed in a few short years. 

I remember him being booed. It was a bit Startling, but he was very obviously loudly booed.

 

I tend to agree with @LJpalmbeacher2. Somehow tickets got distributed to a large majority of Pats fans this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I honestly have no clue..  I thought the same thing. Tom Brady was booed very loudly at Superbowl 50 when they brought the former MVP's out. To chanting "Brady".. Perhaps things have changed in a few short years. 

I think that was the Super Bowl between the Broncos vs. Panthers?   There probably wouldn't have been any Pats or Brady fans at that game.  haha

 

Of course there would be a lot of Brady fans in a game featuring the Pats.

 

There's your difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprising.  The Rams got there because of a horrific missed call.  The Patriots are always there.  

 

Overall the matchup wasn't all that interesting and the game was rather boring as well.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite parts were the commercials and clips that featured Peyton. haha:applause:

The chicken parm gladiator :lol:

Such a loveable goober!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are always "fans" that follow only teams that win. When the winning ends they bail. The people of Louisiana especially New Orleans boycotted watching the game so that had an impact on the ratings. I watched the game and will watch every SB until I die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, King Colt said:

There are always "fans" that follow only teams that win. When the winning ends they bail. The people of Louisiana especially New Orleans boycotted watching the game so that had an impact on the ratings. I watched the game and will watch every SB until I die.

:agree:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game was the best Super Bowl of all time...  if you like punting.

 

"Oh boy, the longest punt in SB history... and oh look, yet another punt inside the 10..."  :sleepy:

 

Super Punt Bowl.  :scorebad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The superbowl itself was entertaining for any true football fans. The people who say it was boring are the ones who tune in to a "couple" games a year and just think every game should and is going to be an offensive fiasco. 

 

I think the main reasons for the 10 year low is 2 things. 

 

1- Everyone is sick of the Pats, and it is quite sad that in almost 20 years only a very select few NFL minds have figured out how to beat Belicheck.  Either BB is on another level, or the coaching talent in the league has just gone downhill since the 90s.

 

2- The refs seem to be determining more and more outcomes as the years go by. That non call specifically in the Rams Saints game was partly why i didn't tune in, and IMO had the Saints went to the SB they would have beat the Pats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

The superbowl itself was entertaining for any true football fans. The people who say it was boring are the ones who tune in to a "couple" games a year and just think every game should and is going to be an offensive fiasco. 

 

 

 

2- The refs seem to be determining more and more outcomes as the years go by. That non call specifically in the Rams Saints game was partly why i didn't tune in, and IMO had the Saints went to the SB they would have beat the Pats.

To the first point, it was a battle of the defenses for sure, but it was still somewhat boring.

 

And to the second point :agree:without a doubt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it has anything to do with the Pats. With the rules and the way the game is being officiated today, the quality of the game has gone downhill, fast. I would hope the league and the owners take a long, hard look at the game today as compared with games in the past. It's not all safety concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CoachLite said:

I don't think it has anything to do with the Pats. With the rules and the way the game is being officiated today, the quality of the game has gone downhill, fast. I would hope the league and the owners take a long, hard look at the game today as compared with games in the past. It's not all safety concerns.

I thought the overall NFL viewership was up this year.  

 

Just the Super Bowl viwership down.  No?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to assume that the ratings do not include streaming devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MTC said:

I am going to assume that the ratings do not include streaming devices.

Seems to me I heard streaming was large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gramz said:

I thought the overall NFL viewership was up this year.  

 

Just the Super Bowl viwership down.  No?

I'm not sure that the number of viewers equates to the quality of the game. Supply creates its own demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard/Reich along with the rest of the NFL had better figure out

this enigma that had been going on for almost 20 years now.

 

If they continue this dynasty after Brady retires then I'm totally

done with the NFL.....totally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Some of the debating over the "meaning" of the polls are kinda funny. The overwhelming majority do not feel JB is the answer. Call him average or below average, really doesn't matter. Chad Kelly getting a shot doesn't really matter either. Neither does JB starting till we find "the guy"....   Bottom line is most folks aren't happy and want something different and that was the million dollar question. How it all happens is another another question (actually multiple questions) altogether. 
    • Who needs to go to any other site when we have you, great work 
    • You nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what is happening!!!!!!!!!!! Great post. Yes, we have to try and keep trying to do what is required. The team has regressed this year and its because of JB. This injury thing with JB is a bunch of crap along with less then desired WR's. Please Mr. Ersay do what has to be done. The team will never go anywhere with this guy. 
    • On the first bolded, I absolutely agree. He lost so much from last year (OL, WR, RB, and coach), and his D is a lot worse. They are in catch up mode a lot this year, and asking him to do way to much.   On the comments about him making a mistake, I disagree. He's shown what he can do with decent talent, and with a decent OC (Yost), last year. Most reports said he was weighing a transfer to get back to Yost. At best, he'd just be replicating the season he had last year, which was very good. Would it raise his stock, maybe... but he's starting to trend middle of the 1st and either the 3rd or 4th QB taken. If he stayed in school, and he had a good year, best he is going to do is be second (after Lawrence), and he's lost out on a paid year. It's kind of a wash IMO if he does go middle first this year.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...