Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bleacher Reports list top 5 2019 Super Bowl contenders .

HOF19

Colts are on the list ……. Early Top Contenders for Next Years Super Bowl ……………  Article link >>>>>>> https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818704-early-top-contenders-for-next-years-super-bowl?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl#slide1                                                                                                They feel we will be an attractive landing spot for this offseasons free agents .

• Thanks 1

As Ballard said a week or so ago:

"The hardest thing in the NFL is going from GOOD to GREAT."

I think it may take at least another year before we consider ourselves real challengers.

Let's not forget we got whooped by the chiefs......who then got whooped by the pats.....

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not happening, we are in the top 5 favored to win the SB. I love it actually, time to step up.

Just for clarification, the Colts are in the Top 5 -- according to Bleacher Report --- and we all know what that's worth. It was nice of them to mention the Colts in that context, however, let's see what the team looks like after the draft and FA before we start hanging another banner. 

• Like 1

While nice to get some pub, I still feel that the majority of the media don't know much about specific teams, but instead base most of their opinion on sort of the "general feeling" going on at any one time.  We are the flavor of the month right now. 

9 hours ago, rockywoj said:

By odds, Colts are tied for 6th favourite at Footballlocks. 

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_futures_odds_super_bowl_liv.shtml

I feel safe saying our odds are very likely to shift higher after FA and the draft.
Westgate has us tied for 12th with 4 other teams. We are lacking at many positions and lack that high end veteran core. 
But Optimism is running high for good reason.

1 hour ago, pacolts56 said:

Super Bowl 2020

Colts.  27

Bears 16

Book it!! 

E3DC9D58-902E-48C1-B2F7-E086A0EC7F08.jpeg

Wouldn’t that be funny since it is in Miami again. Let’s just make it rain again.

i think like someone said above with the tough schedule we could have the same or one more loss but have a better team.

W need at Least one home game. A bye would be best but I think we could do it with a home game. We need to win the division then see what happens.

What the the colts did in 2006 to get the AFC championship game at home was unheard of. That was very rare. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

As Ballard said a week or so ago:

"The hardest thing in the NFL is going from GOOD to GREAT."

I think it may take at least another year before we consider ourselves real challengers.

Let's not forget we got whooped by the chiefs......who then got whooped by the pats.....

Chiefs didn’t get whooped by the Pats.  They were an offsides penalty away from knocking them off.  Still the Colts have a significant gap to close with respect to both teams. 

KC is no lock to be a top seed. They get NE, Balt, the AFC South and nfc North. A lot of good defenses right there.

On paper that's no cakewalk. Teams fall off all the time.

2019 is wide open right now thankfully :thmup:..

We made a huge jump, let's keep it going. It's all on Ballard right now, need a few more horses across the board.