Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What can we learn from the pats??

Trace Pyott

3 hours ago, Finball said:

I did, thought that was pretty clear from my post. Sorry it never dawned on you. But anyway you had that record wrong.

Since Brady was named starter Belichick is 23-9 without Brady.

In 2008 Brady started 1 game and was injured and the Patriots went 11-5

In 2016 Brady was suspended the first 4 games and the Patriots were 4-0 and finished 12-4.

Those are the facts.

We can learn that you don't change a classic looking uniform just because other teams are doing it.  Those unis with the white helmet and Pat the Patriot on the sides were awesome, then they changed to the crappy USFL look, which still looks crappy.

Don't mess with a great thing!

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Since Brady was named starter Belichick is 23-9 without Brady.

In 2008 Brady started 1 game and was injured and the Patriots went 11-5

In 2016 Brady was suspended the first 4 games and the Patriots were 4-0 and finished 12-4.

Those are the facts.

They didn't lose to the Bills in week 4 of 2016? They didn't finish 14-2?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_New_England_Patriots_season

1 hour ago, Finball said:

They didn't lose to the Bills in week 4 of 2016? They didn't finish 14-2?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_New_England_Patriots_season

The issue was Belichicks record with and without Brady.

23-9 is what is listed in three different sites I looked at.

Now if you care to look at yourself maybe you would quit arguing?

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

They went 3-1 during Bradys' suspension, not 4-0.

And they ended up 14-2, not 12-4.

What's the opposite of facts?

I guess the site I looked at was wrong. So I was wrong.

That still don't change what Belichick's record with and without Brady does it? That was the original jest of what was said.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess the site I looked at was wrong. So I was wrong.

That still don't change what Belichick's record with and without Brady does it? That was the original jest of what was said.

Yeah, I agree that Belichick is a great coach and will probably keep winning 10+ games and make the playoffs even after Brady retires.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yeah, I agree that Belichick is a great coach and will probably keep winning 10+ games and make the playoffs even after Brady retires.

More than likely. 

The thing is the QBs get all the praise when everything any team does is on the backs of the players on that team. 

Belichick has the system and the knowledge to find the players who fit that system.

With that said calling any player the GOAT is opinions but those players mentioned couldn't win one game without a great team around them.

All of the players put into that discussion have one thing in common. They were all very talented but it took a team to bring out that greatness.

I honestly thought they would get to the divisional playoff round at best. Their offense was stinking it up. Defense was mediocer. Tight end looked like he was done. Deep threat receiver got suspended. I think the Texans handing them the #2 seed was huge. That afforded them a bye. They looked like an entirely different team in the postseason. And ultimately that's when it matters most.

To all who post NE cheats to get to and win the SB there is one way to end your misery, beat them on the field of play. Until that happens keep your crying towels next to you. Since they don't win every game and every SB beating them should not be that hard should it?

On 2/4/2019 at 8:14 AM, lollygagger8 said:

I learned that they are even creepier than I first suspected 

gbrx9yiwa04otxvomed1.jpg

furjmcfstie4rrgub6dm.jpg

And the creepiest part is Kraft considers Brady his son.

Well, maybe Brady destroyed his cellphone because he had nude photos of Kraft on it.

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Well yea, he did it with Matt Cassel, so the proof is definitely there. I'm not saying Brady is bad; just mediocre. Belichick could turn Jay Cutler into a legend and we'd all be singing how handsome Cutler is.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:11 AM, IinD said:

Being in the AFC east helps.

Linemen that hold helps. It amazes me how you can have all pros across the line on D and still never get to him.

Mug receivers on D.

Not making excuses, but they get away with a lot, but I'd do the same if it's never called.

This right here - being in a crappy division, most years they host all their playoff games in Foxborough. (this year..darn you Dee Ford) 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 1:23 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

A team is more than a star or two...

Defensively, game planning and in game adjustments, there are none better IMO.

Maybe, they always push the envelope.  But hard proof is hard to come by or destroyed by the NFL.

They have a system.  Their coaches adhere and teach it.  Belichick is increible at spotting certain players/traits that 'fit'. The players learn their specific roles, they learn it inside and out.  Many players are lower talent, quite average athletes (or cast offs) that have a chip on their shoulder and plain outwork everyone else.

Remember the Pats mantra... "Do your job!"

The others supporting the 'stars' play nearly as well as them through hard work.

Belichick helps Brady because of the Pats defense effectiveness. Bill doesn't handle the offense. Charlie Weis (and then afterwards, Josh McDaniels) was much more involved in Brady becoming much more than Alex Smith. 

If they truly have a "system" why then the gazillion ex-coordinators who were hired as HC for other teams Failed to install Belichek's system and Flopped?

12 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If they truly have a "system" why then the gazillion ex-coordinators who were hired as HC for other teams Failed to install Belichek's system and Flopped?

Joe Thomas was on ESPN Radio and compared the Patriots' coaching philosophies and "system" to the Chinese educational system. His point was, "the Chinese have operated for the longest time copying what the western powers had as ideas, so Belichick's coaches are taught certain defined parameters and instructed very well to coach within those parameters" but once they leave, they do not have the creativity when stressed outside those parameters. The ability to adapt, innovate and improvize still stays with Belichick (have to add, Josh McDaniels has been a big part of it too).

However, I think Joe Thomas undersold the ability of the Chinese, that is a topic for another discussion. :) 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Joe Thomas was on ESPN Radio and compared the Patriots' coaching philosophies and "system" to the Chinese educational system. His point was, "the Chinese have operated for the longest time copying what the western powers had as ideas, so Belichick's coaches are taught certain defined parameters and instructed very well to coach within those parameters" but once they leave, they do not have the creativity when stressed outside those parameters. The ability to adapt, innovate and improvize still stays with Belichick (have to add, Josh McDaniels has been a big part of it too).

However, I think Joe Thomas undersold the ability of the Chinese, that is a topic for another discussion. :) 

Lol, well if anyone believes what Joe Thomas said I sure hope they don't rush to buy a Bridge from him if he says he has one to sell.haha

19 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Could be multiple reasons, starting with the makeup of the team that hired them (not similar to what the Pats have in any / most facet) and the lack of time to teach/train all of the ssistant coaches the system so they can teach/coach the players.

OTOH, is not the ex-Pat's duo of Bill O'Brien and Romeo Crennel becoming somewhat successful in Houston?  And they certainly have had to place their own spin on things. There is only one BB.