Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think I speak for all colts fans right now

CR91

53 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

New England’s defensive philosophy:

1) Pay for the premier CB in the game (Talib, Revis, Gilmore) and hive him lock down the other team’s #1 receiver.

2) Bracket the teams #2 receiving threat (receiver or TE). This makes the QB have to rely on his 3rd option and hold onto the ball to find an open receiver.

3) Attack the QB, stop the run on the way to the QB.

On offense, ideally, they would like to have a true #1 outside receiver that can spread the field and allow the slot  receivers and running backs to work the short routes. NE places a great emphasis on short area quickness and YAC, (more than most teams). Most teams are obsessed with big, tall, physical receivers. In the NFL, all than matters is getting open and catching the ball. NE understands this better than anyone else.

Which is very easy to neutralize if teams commit to running the ball, but unfortunately teams are intimdated playing the pats and want to beat them at their own game.

• Like 1

Honestly, I view the Saints as the real SB champs. They should have been in it but we all know that story and I do believe Brees and their defense wins that game easily. I also am really having issues with Goodell and Krafts bff bromance. Along with the SB MVP being caught for PEDs and missing 4 games. Just overall not a great look for the NFL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

You don't speak for me.

What this Patriots organization continues to do is incredible. They play unbelievable football that any football fan should appreciate and respect. I don't like seeing it either, but they are a dynasty.

We all want to be the Patriots so bad. I'm looking forward to a damn good Colts offseason to continue working towards getting to that level. 3 championships in 5 years is so real now in this league that I know that Ballard/Reich could get there with time. I don't understand why Colts fans dwell on the Patriots winning instead of getting excited about where our franchise is going. My life certainly doesn't suck because a team that Colts fans hate won again... hardly.

I don't want want to be the patriots at all and I bet most NFL fans don't want to be either.  They want to be winners without cheating,  not winners by cheating.  We all want to win the super bowl I for sure don't want to be the patriots.  I love my colts. We dwell on patriots winning because we are colts fans.  We hate the patriots, if you don't hate the patriots are you even a colts fan honestly?! Anyone else could have won the super bowl and I would have been okay with it as long as it was the patriots. But nope they won again.  That's why we dwell on it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is a rant before I move on to off season.  

In a copy cat league, nobody copies them even though they win year after year.  Why? Because nobody can duplicate a true dictator in the NFL..   Bellichik controls every facet of their organization except OC.  He’s a control freak. He controls every situation..from every decision the team makes, every halftime adjustment, faking injury when Peyton was using no huddle, finding borderline illegal plays which become illegal the following year, opponents headsets not working,   to barking at the refs early to get calls his way later. Cheating scandals because he wants to know every  play that is being called, control how much air is in the foot ball, He controls the press by His On to Cincinnati antics. He answers to nobody except once and that’s when Kraft took up for Brady when B.B. was ready to replace him. So he purposely lost the super bowl to show he is in control. He probably controlled  the Josh McDaniel stunt. The one player he needs because he’s not an offensive guy. The press meanwhile runs with Brady as the GOAT which is ridiculous if you believe anything that I just wrote.  Meanwhile the rest of the league stockpiles talent and assistant coaches and scouting teams, etc..and usually lose to them. ..It all feels weird and wrong but the NFL machine lauds them as the standard and people like us colts fans have the most to lose because we seem to be their main victims. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

You don't speak for me.

What this Patriots organization continues to do is incredible. They play unbelievable football that any football fan should appreciate and respect. I don't like seeing it either, but they are a dynasty.

We all want to be the Patriots so bad. I'm looking forward to a damn good Colts offseason to continue working towards getting to that level. 3 championships in 5 years is so real now in this league that I know that Ballard/Reich could get there with time. I don't understand why Colts fans dwell on the Patriots winning instead of getting excited about where our franchise is going. My life certainly doesn't suck because a team that Colts fans hate won again... hardly.

Thank you.

I've deliberately stayed out of this discussion because I don't share the hate that many here have.

But your view is pretty darn close to my view.    I admire great organizations and the Pats have been great for nearly 20 years.  

I look forward to beating them in the very near future.    :colts:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

There’s no rivalry anymore. What that team has done for the last 18 years is simply incredible. Life certainly doesn’t suck because they win SB championships

Pretty yeah. Life doesn't suck. Football does lol. 

There is no rivalry, that is true... with the whole AFC. So this movie won't end soon haha. 

As far as the rest of this thread. I just don't know what else to say.. I mean after all teams pick up free agents and draft players. The Patriots free agents and rookies will just mean more than everyone else's. Just good luck and happy offseason. 

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Even when their "dynasty" is synonymous with cheating on more then one occasion

"Cheating"

If things were reversed you'd feel quite differently on the "cheating" matters I am quite sure. I've always been embarrassed at Colts fans talking about "cheating Patriots." 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

Which is very easy to neutralize if teams commit to running the ball, but unfortunately teams are intimdated playing the pats and want to beat them at their own game.

Funny thing is Atlanta opened their Superbowl game running the ball, then ironically transitioned into the pass when they were up on points! We all know how that story ended...

The Rams opened with the pass and sucked all game long, so kudos to Atlanta for at least figuring it out early.

They're so fortunate to be in a division that hasn't had a franchise QB in 20 years. People liked to say the South was bad, the east is a guaranteed 5-1 (that fluke yearly Mia win) or 6-0 for them year in year out.

Somebody better step up or they'll walk out of this dynasty with 4 or 5 in a row.

5 minutes ago, IinD said:

They're so fortunate to be in a division that hasn't had a franchise QB in 20 years. People liked to say the South was bad, the east is a guaranteed 5-1 (that fluke yearly Mia win) or 6-0 for them year in year out.

Somebody better step up or they'll walk out of this dynasty with 4 or 5 in a row.

The Colts division under Peyton had some solid tier-2 QB competition, and I wish Brady had the pleasure of playing against them. The Jags had David Garrard, Texans had Matt Schaub, and the Titans had Vince Young and Steve McNair.

Meanwhile, who did the Jets have... Chad Pennington? Meanwhile, the Bills had journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick. Uhh, who did Miami have?... Oh, wait, more Chad Pennington.

Just now, ReMeDy said:

The Colts division under Peyton had some solid tier-2 QB competition, and I wish Brady had the pleasure of playing against them. The Jags had David Garrard, Texans had Matt Schaub, and the Titans had Vince Young and Steve McNair.

Meanwhile, who did Brady play against?... Chad Pennington? Uhh, who did Miami have? The Bills had such a ridiculous QB carousel that I can't remember who they had either.

My point exactly. They're a favorite for the #1 or 2 seed before the season even kicks off.

That division has probably had 50 scrub QBs while Brady has been there.

7 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

And the play before Cooks couldn’t haul in the TD, just like in the third quarter.

I get that those would have been incredibly tough plays to make, but in a defensive battle like that, you need to make those plays to pull ahead. Case in point, Gronk’s catch to set up first and goal.

Thats what the Pats do. They don’t play perfect, but they make the big play when it counts.

The Pats also have this uncanny ability to run all over any team when they want, get pressure whenever they want and have Edelman wide open all game.

On the other potentinal TD pass to Cooks, he was wide open over the middle for a couple of seconds and Goff took too long to process it. Would have been a wide open TD. I can't really put that on Cooks...Goff had plenty of time to find him there and didn't get it there in time so it got broken up.

Goff seemed to play scared for much of the game. Not entirely his fault...because somehow NE was getting pressure whenever they wanted. But I think he should have taken more shots downfield when he had the time. Cooks was the best player on the field for the LAR last night...and with a couple more chances he gets one of those deep balls.

Before I became a true Colts Fan I used to love watching the Superbowl, the arguments with my friends who just don't get American Football, having enough snacks to feed an army to get you through to 4am and booking a day off work on the Monday.

Now, with the Colts not being in it, it just didn't matter as much to me. I watched through to half time (in the hope that my friends were not watching as it was not the best example for the NFL to show to the world) and when I woke up this morning and saw the score it was a case of "well that's is what I thought was going to be the outcome".

The best laugh was the BBC presenters (normally excellent in their NFL shows) try to keep talking the game up when inside I am sure they were thinking the same as the rest of us.

Anyway, that's it all over for another season, lets hope we have a different thread to comment on the morning after next years Superbowl and we are celebrating a Colts success. 

10 hours ago, IinD said:

It's laughable at this point honestly. What else can you say or do?

My thoughts too. 

The Rams beat themselves.  Pats lucked out again.  It is what it is.

We survived, and Life goes on. 

• Like 1

Probably the best super bowl ever.

Greatest half-time show ever.

And the two most likable teams in all of sports.

Im talking about the 2006 super bowl, as I watched last night :)

I still can't get my arms down, and I have celebrated ever since Manning hoisted the Lombardy trophy. But I still think Addai should have won the MVP.

We are SUPER BOWL CHAMPS... hell yeah baby... :rock:

Okay, when the Bears scored on the opening kickoff, I was a bit concerned, but then Manning showed why he's the goat. 

The half-time show with Prince, damm that was awesome and memorable and Im not sure we will ever withness such a show ever again.

Congrats to everyone and let's do this again in 2019 ;) well it will become 2020 before Luck hoist to Lombardy, but I'll wait for it :)

11 hours ago, boo2202 said:

About to lose hope that it will ever end. 

LOL, it sure seems that way, doesn't it? Hate to say it, but with a horrible AFC east for the foreseeable future, and Belichek at just 66 years old, NE will be a major player for the next 5 years, with or without Brady.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flash7 said:

New England’s defensive philosophy:

1) Pay for the premier CB in the game (Talib, Revis, Gilmore) and hive him lock down the other team’s #1 receiver.

2) Bracket the teams #2 receiving threat (receiver or TE). This makes the QB have to rely on his 3rd option and hold onto the ball to find an open receiver.

3) Attack the QB, stop the run on the way to the QB.

On offense, ideally, they would like to have a true #1 outside receiver that can spread the field and allow the slot  receivers and running backs to work the short routes. NE places a great emphasis on short area quickness and YAC, (more than most teams). Most teams are obsessed with big, tall, physical receivers. In the NFL, all than matters is getting open and catching the ball. NE understands this better than anyone else.

Thanks for this. After reading what these lesser True "Homer" football fans posted posted i needed it. 
 In Belichek's presser today he spoke of a sportwriter first pointing out Edelman to the Pats. Two staff went to work him out on separate trips to try to figure him out.
 What could they do with this small school QB?
   A receiver, a DB, a special teamer?
 And he mentioned how Edelman competed against Ohio State while his team was getting killed. How hard he was to Tackle.
 This is Belichek's GENIOUS! Finding Intelligent Football player's. Competitive Warriors.   Pat Tillman's.   He Demands focus, preparation, commitment, and hard work.
 He is Lombardi, Landry, Knoll, Shula, Parcells...  
 If you Love the Game, there was Greatness in the football game if you know what you were looking at. On both sides of the ball.
 How about 71 year old Wade Phillips. 

• Thanks 1

The other 31 teams should share all their NE info.

And all 30 teams should send one of their staff to help the team playing NE that week.  Its easier to prepare for a team when u have an extra dtra 30 people to help.  A few with cameras, 5 in charge of ball pressure, maybe 5 for recording devices... you get the point.

5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Thanks for this. After reading what these lesser True "Homer" football fans posted posted i needed it. 
 In Belichek's presser today he spoke of a sportwriter first pointing out Edelman to the Pats. To staff went to work him out on separate trips to try to figute him out.
 What could they do with this small school QB. A receiver, a DB, a special teamer?
 And he mentioned how Edelman competed against Ohio State while his team was getting killed. How hard he was to Tackle.
 This is Belichek's GENIOUS! Finding Intelligent Football player's. Competitive Warriors.   Pat Tillman's.   He Demands focus, preparation, commitment, and hard work.
 He is Lombardi, Landry, Knoll, Shula, Parcells...  
 If you Love the Game, there was Greatness in the football game if you know what you were looking at. On both sides of the ball.

What u call greatness is another fans puke fest. I will never understand 

a true Colts fan actually enjoying this mundane rerun every year.

"Cheating"

If things were reversed you'd feel quite differently on the "cheating" matters I am quite sure. I've always been embarrassed at Colts fans talking about "cheating Patriots." 

Are you saying they haven't cheated? Their cheating is well documented. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thank you.

I've deliberately stayed out of this discussion because I don't share the hate that many here have.

But your view is pretty darn close to my view.    I admire great organizations and the Pats have been great for nearly 20 years.  

Id be lying if I said I don't hate the pats, but you can't just turn a blind eye to all of the controversy surrounding how they win

16 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

What u call greatness is another fans puke fest. I will never understand 

a true Colts fan actually enjoying this mundane rerun every year.

Bad football can be very mundane. Unless it is Andrew playing with a bad team, running for his life against mostly other bad teams and winning in the 4th Q and going 11-5.  
 I grew up a Cowboys fan from the mid sixties thru the Tom Landry era. And i did "Hate" the Steelers long after he retired. So i get where many of you are coming from. But i let it go. Which was easier no doubt because i let the Cowboys go after Landry and began my Colts fandom. Win or lose.
 Did i hate it when they, and other teams, one and done Manning 7 times in 11 years? And yes especially them. I loathed them as i did the Steelers, mostly for how they held Marvin and out smarted, Suckered Manning. But that was what i grew up watching.  Little, white, CB's, fighting, holding receivers all over the field.
 So they got busted cheating. Do i think most other teams haven't acquired tidbits of info through "unsportsman like", unsavory ways? Of course. Including our beloved Colts. So i have gotten over it, and just like enjoying blocking, tackling, and the "strategery" of the game as i Always have. Give me game tape of one Colt player to watch and i take Jeff Saturday. He did more with less than anyone. Fun stuff. 
 I hope all of you get to enjoy football that way someday if you don't already.
Go Colts.

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Maybe he is saying your team just hasn't been caught.

Oh please. The colts are as manila as they come. Worse thing we ever got accused of is pumping crowd noise which plenty of other teams have done

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thank you.

Yes...you've rarely, if ever questioned the Pats.

And I agree, it's much better to focus on our own team and the direction we are headed.

This was an uplifting year for us.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those who has a difficult time ignoring all of the cheating scandals associated with the Pats.  For me, it clouds their accomplishments.  I know I should let it go..but it's not in my DNA.  haha

Just now, CR91 said:

Oh please. The colts are as manila as they come. Worse thing we ever got accused of is pumping crowd noise which plenty of other teams have done

Admitting we did is your 1st step. Thanks for that.
How can you be accused if you haven't been caught. Maybe some coaches, or their assistants get fired because they have used inside info for their past successes. Nope, not anyone that ever coached for the Colts. Wake Up America!

I think i would like to see you on a poker table.

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Admitting we did is your 1st step. Thanks for that.
How can you be accused if you haven't been caught. Maybe some coaches, or their assistants get fired because they have used inside info for their past successes. Nope, not anyone that ever coached for the Colts. Wake Up America!

I think i would like to see you on a poker table.

You want me to admit to something that has never been discovered? I guess the pats just suck at cheating and hiding it from the public.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thank you.

The Raiders were very Dirty for 20 years. I didn't like that at all, but they were up against a lot of great teams, playing really rough too in those days.
 And it was GREAT football.
 Most here can't grasp how it looked in the those years.
Were teams stealing signals and whatever else they could? Duh!

They put headsets in the NFL for a reason.

14 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You want me to admit to something that has never been discovered? I guess the pats just suck at cheating and hiding it from the public.

Silly, you admitted we got caught cheating by piping noise. LMAO