Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think I speak for all colts fans right now

CR91

It is frustrating and sickening as a Colts fan to see that organization in NE get rewarded. 

I just hope Ballard and Reich can puts things together this offseason to get a team that knocks those guys off their pedestal. 

I watched it, but stopped caring about the Pats a few years ago.  When you've got 5, what's 6?  Brady and Belichick are already the GOATs.  Who cares.

The thing from our perspective, though, is I don't think you can build a team and just hope Brady fades.  He might be there a while.  You have to build a team, and your organization has to be set up to beat them.  Until you prove otherwise, the AFC is their conference.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

I watched it, but stopped caring about the Pats a few years ago.  When you've got 5, what's 6?  Brady and Belichick are already the GOATs.  Who cares.

The thing from our perspective, though, is I don't think you can build a team and just hope Brady fades.  He might be there a while.  You have to build a team, and your organization has to be set up to beat them.  Until you prove otherwise, the AFC is their conference.

Belichick carries that team. I still consider Peyton the greater QB over Brady. Till I see Brady succeed outside of NE, my opinion won’t change on that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Belichick is the Antichrist and Tom Brady is the false prophet. Everyone knows the dirty deeds they've done over the years. They cheated so many times it's almost uncountable. Not counting the things we don't know about yet. The cloud is going to surround this franchise forever. Hopefully Belichick will retire soon as well as Tom Brady. let's see how McDaniels does post Belichick

41 minutes ago, CR91 said:

And probably all football fans, life sucks right now. Im really tired of being subjected to this year after year. I honestly didnt even watch the game just because I really didnt think the rams had a chance.

I Didn't watch or hear 1 minute of the Talking Heads for the last 2 weeks. And I Didn't watch one play of the Cheater Bowl. (Yes, it should be renamed)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

And probably all football fans, life sucks right now. Im really tired of being subjected to this year after year. I honestly didnt even watch the game just because I really didnt think the rams had a chance.

I hear ya, I chose to turn it off after the bogus flag in the 1st half for tacking a receiver... who'd caught the ball...  Instead, I chose to work on my thesis paper. wrote 11 pages in that time.  Shows how badly I want to not watch that game.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, #12. said:

I agree 100%.  In my opinion, you have to go through them in order to get the AFC and more importantly, a team has to be built to play in Foxboro and the potential elements that can come there come January.  

So far, Ballard has done a great job with the strides that O-line made this year.  I think defensively, we have get the rushers that allow us to get pressure with 4 and apply the inside pressure that bothers Brady the most.  

If Andrew Luck had a defense give the type of performance the Rams D did tonight, his team wins the game. 

I thought it was a good game.  Both defenses played very well.

But the most enjoyable part was just watching Edelman. I've always believed of all the receiver skills, speed is the most overrated. I put it 4th behind route running, catching the ball and YAC, and Edelman is superb at all of those.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

I didn’t watch the game either.  It was a snooze fest from what I hear.  Hopefully the ratings took a big dive this year.  NFL got exactly what it deserved with that stinker of a big game. 

You don't speak for me.

What this Patriots organization continues to do is incredible. They play unbelievable football that any football fan should appreciate and respect. I don't like seeing it either, but they are a dynasty.

We all want to be the Patriots so bad. I'm looking forward to a damn good Colts offseason to continue working towards getting to that level. 3 championships in 5 years is so real now in this league that I know that Ballard/Reich could get there with time. I don't understand why Colts fans dwell on the Patriots winning instead of getting excited about where our franchise is going. My life certainly doesn't suck because a team that Colts fans hate won again... hardly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

You don't speak for me.

What this Patriots organization continues to do is incredible. They play unbelievable football that any football fan should appreciate and respect. I don't like seeing it either, but they are a dynasty.

We all want to be the Patriots so bad. I'm looking forward to a damn good Colts offseason to continue working towards getting to that level. 3 championships in 5 years is so real now in this league that I know that Ballard/Reich could get there with time. I don't understand why Colts fans dwell on the Patriots winning instead of getting excited about where our franchise is going. My life certainly doesn't suck because a team that Colts fans hate won again... hardly.

Even when their "dynasty" is synonymous with cheating on more then one occasion

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

That pick by Goff was just so bad.

And the play before Cooks couldn’t haul in the TD, just like in the third quarter.

I get that those would have been incredibly tough plays to make, but in a defensive battle like that, you need to make those plays to pull ahead. Case in point, Gronk’s catch to set up first and goal.

Thats what the Pats do. They don’t play perfect, but they make the big play when it counts.

• Like 1

New England’s defensive philosophy:

1) Pay for the premier CB in the game (Talib, Revis, Gilmore) and hive him lock down the other team’s #1 receiver.

2) Bracket the teams #2 receiving threat (receiver or TE). This makes the QB have to rely on his 3rd option and hold onto the ball to find an open receiver.

3) Attack the QB, stop the run on the way to the QB.

On offense, ideally, they would like to have a true #1 outside receiver that can spread the field and allow the slot  receivers and running backs to work the short routes. NE places a great emphasis on short area quickness and YAC, (more than most teams). Most teams are obsessed with big, tall, physical receivers. In the NFL, all than matters is getting open and catching the ball. NE understands this better than anyone else.

• Like 1