Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueShoe

Quenton Nelson places 3rd in Offensive Rookie of Year honors

We all knew either Saquon or Baker would win, but Q got a couple of votes and placed 3rd. 

Just the start of many awards to come. A game changing player for this team. 

Sounds fair to me. Q was great but so were the 2 guys that finished ahead of him

That vote between Baker and Saquon was a lot closer than I expected. But Baker did have a very good rookie season for a QB. Better statistically than Luck. Different situations...but impressive nonetheless.

Just now, dw49 said:

Sounds fair to me. Q was great but so were the 2 guys that finished ahead of him

I think it was just a way to show respect for Q. Zack Martin got a vote his rookie season as well.

If we would have stayed at 3 and drafted Nelson that would mean the top 3 picks finished top 3 for rookie of the year. That’s crazy. :mindblow:

45 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

We all knew either Saquon or Baker would win, but Q got a couple of votes and placed 3rd. 

That Top-3 is exactly the way it should have gone

32 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

That vote between Baker and Saquon was a lot closer than I expected. But Baker did have a very good rookie season for a QB. Better statistically than Luck. Different situations...but impressive nonetheless.

I agree. I'm surprised it was as close as it was.

Really getting even any votes as an OG is pretty amazing.  Big Q obviously impressed the voters.