Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

Rams (+2 1/2) vs. New England (2-3-19)

Recommended Posts

There are some guys that you can picture holding the Lombardi and others you can not. I can not see Goff holding it up, I said the same thing about Cam Newton, I knew they weren't beating Denver. There are some surprises in the 53 SBs like Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Nick Foles but usually it takes a very good if not great QB with a defense that is at worse good to win it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

America needs Captain Andrew Luck in the Super Bowl next year.

A new hero for a new generation:1colts:

 

 

Yeah I hope next season is the season where the torch is passed. I would even be happy if we just made the AFC Title Game and it was against KC at this point with the Pats out of the picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are some guys that you can picture holding the Lombardi and others you can not. I can not see Goff holding it up, I said the same thing about Cam Newton, I knew they weren't beating Denver. There are some surprises in the 53 SBs like Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Nick Foles but usually it takes a very good if not great QB with a defense that is at worse good to win it all.

Goff never seemed confident...

Maybe those of us who watched him against the Bears saw it coming but thuis is the guy he was that night.

 

Plus the Rams didn't use a tight end ..which, I think gave Belicheck an angle on how to defense them

 

But Goff had a wide open receiver in the dn end zone early and he was very late throwing the ball and he took sacks when he needed to throw the ball away.

Hes young but he wasn't ready 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Goff never seemed confident...

Maybe those of us who watched him against the Bears saw it coming but thuis is the guy he was that night.

 

Plus the Rams didn't use a tight end ..which, I think gave Belicheck an angle on how to defense them

 

But Goff had a wide open receiver in the dn end zone early and he was very late throwing the ball and he took sacks when he needed to throw the ball away.

Hes young but he wasn't ready 

  

He had an easy TD on the play you are talking about and threw the ball late, Luck and Mahomes both would've made that play. I am not a Goff fan, he looks shaky out there at times. He is a good QB but far from great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the good Pats fans who frequent this forum (GoPats, Jim Jaime, etc.) congrats to you (yet again)....sincerely.  But you will have to pardon my never ending vitriol for your team.  Still I know that there are still some good people who root them on so yeah...  Enjoy for as long as it lasts because when it’s gone...it’s gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gramz said:

All I can do this a.m. is shake my head.

 

It truly was the worst, most boring SB game ever.  I should have stuck to my original plan and skipped it.

 

@GoPats I know you're happy... So to you I say, Congrats.    They got it done, but Tom is showing his age.  He should have looked much better than he did.  In the end, I guess he did what needed to be done to get them down the field, I just don't see him continuing much longer.   An opposing team led by a more experienced QB like Brees would surely have scored more than 3 pts.. 

 

Pats got the win. Another ugly boring game. 

 

3 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

To the good Pats fans who frequent this forum (GoPats, Jim Jaime, etc.) congrats to you (yet again)....sincerely.  But you will have to pardon my never ending vitriol for your team.  Still I know that there are still some good people who root them on so yeah...  Enjoy for as long as it lasts because when it’s gone...it’s gone. 

 

Thank you both for the gracious and classy congrats. I appreciate it and won’t ever forget it.

 

Not exactly the type of game anyone expected but it was kind of fun to see the defenses battling it out. I’m currently in Hawaii with my wife and kids, and ended up watching from a poolside bar with a few Pats fans we met. I highly recommend it! Lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

To the good Pats fans who frequent this forum (GoPats, Jim Jaime, etc.) congrats to you (yet again)....sincerely.  But you will have to pardon my never ending vitriol for your team.  Still I know that there are still some good people who root them on so yeah...  Enjoy for as long as it lasts because when it’s gone...it’s gone. 

Thanks- It feels so good not to be hated :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GoPats said:

 

 

Thank you both for the gracious and classy congrats. I appreciate it and won’t ever forget it.

 

Not exactly the type of game anyone expected but it was kind of fun to see the defenses battling it out. I’m currently in Hawaii with my wife and kids, and ended up watching from a poolside bar with a few Pats fans we met. I highly recommend it! Lol...

Lucky you!!! Lol Hawaii was awesome when the wife and I went a couple years ago......the long plane ride is rough though lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was old school physical defense on both sides at its best. The edge of your seat who enjoy that is who is going to make the first mistake. The INT by NE near the 5 yd line towards the end was the game changer.

 

 I know most want 30 plus points but....

 

People say Brady and the offense didn't play good. Well they actually did. While the Rams defense was great, NE had some long drives that ended up a punt. At least 3 times under the 10 yard line. That's called field position.

 

As Jimmy Johnson has said there is D,ST, & O and win 2 out of those you generally are going to win.  NE won on D & ST and offense at the end to seal the deal.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

It was old school physical defense on both sides at its best. The edge of your seat who enjoy that is who is going to make the first mistake. The INT by NE near the 5 yd line towards the end was the game changer.

 

 I know most want 30 plus points but....

 

People say Brady and the offense didn't play good. Well they actually did. While the Rams defense was great, NE had some long drives that ended up a punt. At least 3 times under the 10 yard line. That's called field position.

 

As Jimmy Johnson has said there is D,ST, & O and win 2 out of those you generally are going to win.  NE won on D & ST and offense at the end to seal the deal.

 

 

There was a lot of ineptitude,,penalties….confused QBs....passes dropped.

Both offenses were poor...12 punts.

Lets not give the defenses too much credit....Gurley was not 100% half the time and not in the game the other half..and he's an all NFL-player

 

But whoever was calling the defensive signals for New England made the right calls on almost every series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

Lucky you!!! Lol Hawaii was awesome when the wife and I went a couple years ago......the long plane ride is rough though lol.

 

From Boston with the layover in SF it was like a 14 hour ordeal. With two kids (ages 9 and 6) in tow, lol...

 

All that said, this is an amazing place. More beautiful than I had even imagined.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GoPats said:

 

From Boston with the layover in SF it was like a 14 hour ordeal. With two kids (ages 9 and 6) in tow, lol...

 

All that said, this is an amazing place. More beautiful than I had even imagined.

 

Yeah thats a heck of a flight......when we went they flew us from Indy to DC THEN to Honolulu.....that was insane lol.......but yeah enjoy your time there....it's amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, oldunclemark said:

There was a lot of ineptitude,,penalties….confused QBs....passes dropped.

Both offenses were poor...12 punts.

Lets not give the defenses too much credit....Gurley was not 100% half the time and not in the game the other half..and he's an all NFL-player

 

But whoever was calling the defensive signals for New England made the right calls on almost every series

So who's fault is that that. Goff for misreading NE defense getting pressure where there was no pressure except who's blitzing and who's not. At lot of that was looks/disguises and many cases only 4 actually rushed. BB had him on his backfoot all night.

 

All those punts? Again, bad offense or great defense. Except NE made drives netting no scoring but kept Goff on the sidelines (look at time of possession 1st half- it was lopsided) and NE punts because of their drives gave the Rams pathetic field position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -JJ- said:

So who's fault is that that. Goff for misreading NE defense getting pressure where there was no pressure except who's blitzing and who's not. At lot of that was looks/disguises and many cases only 4 actually rushed. BB had him on his backfoot all night.

 

All those punts? Again, bad offense or great defense. Except NE made drives netting no scoring but kept Goff on the sidelines (look at time of possession 1st half- it was lopsided) and NE punts because of their drives gave the Rams pathetic field position.

It was bad offensive game on both sides, obviously

there's no 'fault'..no one is to blame.

It is what it was.   Bad offense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 6:32 PM, buffalo34 said:

(Patriots will blow down the field for the easy TD to take control of this game and put it away).

 

On 2/3/2019 at 6:35 PM, buffalo34 said:

I say Brady hits James White in the end zone to get the opening TD.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 6:37 PM, buffalo34 said:

Rams will punt after 3 plays and then Brady will blow down the field for the easy TD.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 6:39 PM, buffalo34 said:

Time for Brady to blow down the field for the easy TD.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 6:56 PM, buffalo34 said:

Rams will punt after 3 plays and then Brady will blow down the field for the easy TD.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 7:03 PM, buffalo34 said:

Alright, now for Brady to blow down the field and take control of the game.

 

I say Gronk catches the TD on this drive.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 7:11 PM, buffalo34 said:

The Rams will punt after 3 plays and then Brady will blow down for an easy TD.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 7:17 PM, buffalo34 said:

Now for Brady to take advantage of this field position and to blow down the field for an easy TD.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 7:31 PM, buffalo34 said:

Time for Brady to blow down the field for the easy TD to put this game out of reach.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 7:41 PM, buffalo34 said:

Time for Brady to show that the big boys are in charge. He'll blow down the field for the easy TD and leave no time on the clock before halftime.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 7:46 PM, buffalo34 said:

Rams leaving Edelman wide open.

 

He'll be the one that gets in the end zone on this drive as well.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 7:52 PM, buffalo34 said:

Patriots will get the TD before halftime.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 8:31 PM, buffalo34 said:

Rams will have a 3-play punting drive and then Brady will blow down the field for an easy TD to put this game away.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 8:36 PM, buffalo34 said:

Time for either an incomplete pass or a sack, and then Brady will blow down the field for the easy TD.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 8:48 PM, buffalo34 said:

In any event, Brady will blow down the field for an easy TD right here.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 9:02 PM, buffalo34 said:

And then Brady will blow down the field to put this game away.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 9:04 PM, buffalo34 said:

Brady will blow down the field for the easy TD to take control of this game.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 9:21 PM, buffalo34 said:

Time for an incomplete pass and then Brady will blow down the field to put this game away.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 9:26 PM, buffalo34 said:

Time for Brady to blow down the field to put this game out of its misery.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 9:31 PM, buffalo34 said:

Patriots will get a TD. I say Gronk catches it in the corner.

 

giphy.gif

 

Tom Brady shatters Super Bowl records by BLOWING DOWN THE FIELD FOR AN EASY TD 15 TIMES!!!

 

AMAZING!!!

 

TBNu0iI.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • There's a difference between what coaches say (coach-speak) and reality. People are believers, but you can't always believe all your beliefs. In other words, we'll have to wait and see what really happens.
    • I agree to an extent, because there is a lot of uncertainty with cain/campbell, fountain now on IR, etc. And I think he has played well this preseason. But we are paying attention to his punt returning and everyone else and it isn't close. And we also pay attention to Reich, and his comments literally point to him having a job because of his returning.    “I mean Chester (Rogers) is our number one returner right now. Chester is our number one returner and we feel good about Chester being back there,” Reich said. “So, you can do the math on that. Chester has earned that. Chester has earned that spot and that’s a very important role.”
    • RIP.   https://www.foxnews.com/sports/texas-star-running-back-cedric-benson-killed-motorcycle-crash
    • Well...    this is pretty much the first public viewing of Luck in some time....   So, when he's been out of sight,  I think it's fair to say,  he may have been struggling...  
    • @Irish YJ     Of course you would give my post a "sad" reaction.    It has everything in it that you hate and avoid.    Things like facts.   Truth.    Logic.    Common sense.    You treat them like Superman reacts to Krytonite.       And of course,  it comes a day after I gave a post of yours a "laughing" reaction.   That might've been the one your had were you said you had noticed Willis had some inconsistances.    And I thought......    Really?     You live in Atlanta and Willis is with the Colts in Indiana.    I don't read any of your posts claiming that you were in camp with the Colts and were following Willis.     So, that leaves the first pre-season with Buffalo.    So, you saw Willis in his first pre-season game play maybe half the game.    And you're concerned about inconsistancies.   He's a tip,  free of charge.    Almost all rookies have inconsistencies,  especially in pre-season.   It's part of being.....    you know.....    a rookie!   I can play this game with you as long as you'd like.     Strictly up to you....  
  • Members

    • Myles

      Myles 1,861

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dodsworth

      dodsworth 979

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 2,278

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsva

      coltsva 959

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • COLTS7

      COLTS7 283

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColtsGo5150

      GoColtsGo5150 225

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Smonroe

      Smonroe 9,419

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • camcolts2621

      camcolts2621 92

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtStrong2013

      ColtStrong2013 951

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • deedub75

      deedub75 1,114

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...