Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

Rams (+2 1/2) vs. New England (2-3-19)

Recommended Posts

Just now, #12. said:

They got it back though.  Look at how lucky they got against Seattle and Atlanta with Bevel's and Shannahan's stupidity.

Yeah. It's really like God must be a pats fan or something.. Lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

I shut the game off after the missed FG. Did they hand out the MVP yet?

 

Has to be Edelman or Gilmore IMO. Brady winning it would be an outright joke.

 

Zuerlein missed a FG?? That tells you the Rams were losing. Zuerlein is almost automatic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

What a defensive battle.

 

JE11 MVP

It was.   And #11 did deserve MVP.   He's pretty incredible...  

 

You would think after awhile the RAMS would have caught on..   and at least try to cover him.  :scratch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

Zuerlein missed a FG?? That tells you the Rams were losing. Zuerlein is almost automatic. 

 

The FG meant almost nothing at that point. Missed it with 8 seconds to go. Would've made it 13-6 and to setup an onside kick with like 3 seconds left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

Zuerlein missed a FG?? That tells you the Rams were losing. Zuerlein is almost automatic. 

it was at the very end  with just seconds left and they were down by 10.   They were going for a FG and hope for an onside kick recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Zuerlein missed a FG?? That tells you the Rams were losing. Zuerlein is almost automatic. 

NE missed at the beginning of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

 

The FG meant almost nothing at that point. Missed it with 8 seconds to go. Would've made it 13-6 and to setup an onside kick with like 3 seconds left.

 

10 minutes ago, Gramz said:

it was at the very end  with just seconds left and they were down by 10.   They were going for a FG and hope for an onside kick recovery.

 

Okay. So, it did not really matter. Rams did not show up. What happened? The NE run defense was poor all year. What happened to Gurley? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

 

Okay. So, it did not really matter. Rams did not show up. What happened? The NE defense was poor all year. What happened to Gurley? 

Good question.    NE's defense had their number tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tsarquise said:

But it will still be about Brady. Brady being the goat narrative is disgusting. 

The run game did it and maybe you missed the amazing passes to get the Pats the go ahead TD?  People forget the Rams have a ton of D talent.. was a great D battle with both QBs under a lot of pressure all game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

The run game did it and maybe you missed the amazing passes to get the Pats the go ahead TD?  People forget the Rams have a ton of D talent.. was a great D battle with both QBs under a lot of pressure all game.  

A couple of good passes doesn't make you the GOAT; Luck made an amazing pass against KC, but he played bad. 

 

Brady didn't play well. The Patriots are the best ran organization, and Belichick is the GOAT. 

 

After any Colts Pat's game, I never remember thinking "Wow, Tom Brady is just otherwordly." In a few, I actually remember him keeping the Colts in the game. 

 

This narrative makes it seem like Brady carries his teams-- he doesn't-- like he is an otherwordly talent; he is not. 

 

Just because Goff was worse than Brady, doesn't mean Brady was good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

A couple of good passes doesn't make you the GOAT; Luck made an amazing pass against KC, but he played bad. 

 

Brady didn't play well. The Patriots are the best ran organization, and Belichick is the GOAT. 

 

After any Colts Pat's game, I never remember thinking "Wow, Tom Brady is just otherwordly." In a few, I actually remember him keeping the Colts in the game. 

 

This narrative makes it seem like Brady carries his teams-- he doesn't-- like he is an otherwordly talent; he is not. 

 

Just because Goff was worse than Brady, doesn't mean Brady was good. 

You do know ONE game at 40

doesnt change what you did in 19 years right?  

 

What narrative? Most up here saying the D and Edelman won the game.  Brady was wel Brady made key plays when needed to win.. that’s what the true greats do.. make plays when needed for their team to win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

You do know ONE game at 40

doesnt change what you did in 19 years right?  

 

What narrative? Most up here saying the D and Edelman won the game.  Brady was wel Brady made key plays when needed to win.. that’s what the true greats do.. make plays when needed for their team to win. 

The GOAT narrative is what I am referring to. 

 

Well, he didn't need many plays to win. It's easy to win when the opposing team scores 3 points. 

 

Tom Brady is one of the greatest to ever play, he just isn't the clear GOAT that everyone seems to label him as, which is largely because of his now 6 super bowl rings; QB wins is a stupid stat. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one cares about the Pats anymore outside of Boston.  They are boring and their narrative is contrived and old.  Lots of fans tuned this one out so I’m hoping the ratings dip gets the League’s attention.  NFL will realize that America is over the Tom Brady & Pats story and come up with a new script.  NFL is legally recognized for entertainment purposes only just like the WWE. So game fixing is technically legal for them and they can not be sued.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

The GOAT narrative is what I am referring to. 

 

Well, he didn't need many plays to win. It's easy to win when the opposing team scores 3 points. 

 

Tom Brady is one of the greatest to ever play, he just isn't the clear GOAT that everyone seems to label him as, which is largely because of his now 6 super bowl rings; QB wins is a stupid stat. 

 

 

I AGREE WITH the other colt fan.. different eras hard to Judge, but Brady is the greatest of HIS era..  I as a fan just enjoying the ride.. I know the bad years be hear soon enough so I’ll enjoy our GOAT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I AGREE WITH the other colt fan.. different eras hard to Judge, but Brady is the greatest of HIS era..  I as a fan just enjoying the ride.. I know the bad years be hear soon enough so I’ll enjoy our GOAT.

You would truly pick Brady over any other QB of this era? Let's say from 2000 - present. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

You watched the game??

 

A buddy and I decided not to watch and we both did not. We are big football fans. To miss the Super Bowl was big. Glad I did not watch. 

Me too :D.  First Super Bowl that I have boycotted in my life and it felt liberating.  Good call on our part! Glad that it seems that many others didn’t as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nvm on Gurley, looks like he was healthy as a bat.

my question is, did McVay lose confidence in his super star running back?

i can see gurley not staying in a ram uniform past his contract.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

Nvm on Gurley, looks like he was healthy as a bat.

my question is, did McVay lose confidence in his super star running back?

i can see gurley not staying in a ram uniform past his contract.

 

Had the Rams had Emmitt it would've been a different story. Gurley is a wimp compared to the GOAT Emmitt Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The headlines shouldn't be "Brady, Patriots, win sixth ring". They should be "Belicheck, Patriots, win sixth ring". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Gurley is way too passive of a personality, if he was hungry for a championship then he would have demanded to be entered in the game.

It seemed like he stopped caring when he was sidelined.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IcEWoLF said:

I think Gurley is way too passive of a personality, if he was hungry for a championship then he would have demanded to be entered in the game.

It seemed like he stopped caring when he was sidelined.


I heard from the announcers there was a Rams veteran who was lecturing Gurley on the sidelines. Not sure what the conversation was about, but yea, Gurley looked like a wuss. I hope they told Gurley it's the last game of the season in the most important game of football; he will have plenty of time to recover in the off-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IcEWoLF said:

Nvm on Gurley, looks like he was healthy as a bat.

my question is, did McVay lose confidence in his super star running back?

i can see gurley not staying in a ram uniform past his contract.

 

 

I just think when CJ Anderson came in and went bananas when Gurley was injured, that McVay may have thought that he was a fresher more physical option. The LA offense never quite recovered from losing Kupp (other than the shootout vs KC) and I think he thought he could ride CJ to a Superbowl win without having to lean on Goff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

number 1 of 7 consecutive for Frank & Andrew

Hahaha aye! I like it!..... Still going to find an NFC team to cheer for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

You would truly pick Brady over any other QB of this era? Let's say from 2000 - present. 

God yes!!! He has done more with less talent around him at Skill position than any other QB.  The ONE year he had a stud HOF WR he broke records and the team went 18-1 (and that one loss was after he gave the team the lead with 2 minutes left to go.).  He is also IMO the most clutch QB in the modern ERA, he got the ball back with 2 minutes left down by less than a TD and I felt super confident, still do.  

 

Funny thing is MOST people agree with me about him being the best of his generation.  Yes Manning was amazing, Brees is great, Brady was the best.. we were all lucky watch   Three great QBs for so long and if Manning hadn’t gotten that awful neck injury I bet he is still playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is noteworthy that the MVP of the Super Bowl was suspended earlier this year for PEDs. Cheating wins again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It is noteworthy that the MVP of the Super Bowl was suspended earlier this year for PEDs. Cheating wins again.

He cannot be covered... or that slot position on that team cannot be covered..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

He cannot be covered... or that slot position on that team cannot be covered..

 

He is very good and competitive. I just found it funny that the MVP of another Patriots SB win was found cheating (tested positive for PEDs) before the season. Patriots can't put away their reputation for cheating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

He is very good and competitive. I just found it funny that the MVP of another Patriots SB win was found cheating (tested positive for PEDs) before the season. Patriots can't put away their reputation for cheating. 

I'll give the guy a pass because idk what he was taking and I didn't watch the game so I can't say if he deserved it. 

  

That being said, it's interesting to note that if this was MLB he wouldn't have even been eligible to play in the playoffs after his suspension. MLB finally has PED use on lock down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can do this a.m. is shake my head.

 

It truly was the worst, most boring SB game ever.  I should have stuck to my original plan and skipped it.

 

@GoPats I know you're happy... So to you I say, Congrats.    They got it done, but Tom is showing his age.  He should have looked much better than he did.  In the end, I guess he did what needed to be done to get them down the field, I just don't see him continuing much longer.   An opposing team led by a more experienced QB like Brees would surely have scored more than 3 pts.. 

 

Pats got the win. Another ugly boring game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

 

 

Just because Goff was worse than Brady, doesn't mean Brady was good. 

Nailed it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched a pretty funny video done by some guy sort of poking fun at Brady.  On nearly every Edelman catch, there wasn't a defender within 5-7 yards.  The Rams and their devotion to the zone....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

He cannot be covered... or that slot position on that team cannot be covered..

I think he comes to the line without a specific assignment.

He reads the defense and Brady 'reads' him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

For number 7?

I wouldn't doubt, Brady is like Jason Voorhees, Part 7 is coming haha. Lets face it, Jared Goff wasn't winning that game. I am hoping next season the Colts and Chiefs both finally step up and one of the 2 can knock off Mr Voorhees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't doubt, Brady is like Jason Voorhees, Part 7 is coming haha. Lets face it, Jared Goff wasn't winning that game. I am hoping next season the Colts and Chiefs both finally step up and one of the 2 can knock off Mr Voorhees.

America needs Captain Andrew Luck in the Super Bowl next year.

A new hero for a new generation:1colts:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...