Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams (+2 1/2) vs. New England (2-3-19)

oldunclemark

The 53rd consolidated (NFC-AFC) NFL championship   6:30 EST  Jim Nantz, Tony (turn down the sound) Romo and Tracy Wolfson on CBS

...............….over-under 55 inside the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta 

3rd year QB Jared Goff (364 of 461, 4,688 yards, 64.9%, 32 TDs, 12 INTs) reaches the Super Bowl for the first time with 1,000-yard receivers Robert Woods (86 catches, 1,219 yards, 6 TDs) and Brandin Cooks (80 catches, 1,204 yards, 5 TDs)...and a 1,000-yard running back in Todd Gurley (256 rushes, 1,251 yards and an NFL-best 17 TDs).

This is the team that gained 6,738 yards and an NFL-best 401 first downs (25 a game) during the regular season but its also the team that didnt score a TD in a 15-6 loss (Goff threw 4 interceptions) to the Bears.

The New England defense had an AFC championship game which mirrored its season. The Patriots shut out a Kansas City offense which was No.1 in the NFL for the entire first half. And then gave up 31 points in the second half.

the Patriots had 30 sacks during the regular season but 18 interceptions. They seemed to play 5 or 6 defensive backs on every down against KC but I'd guess they'd switch to a conventional front-7 against the Rams on first down. What I've noticed is that if you don't run a no-huddle attack on NE to keep them from substituting, you better have the smartest QB in the world because they're changing defense on every down and disquising it until the play clock runs down.

AARP super star 'Shady' Tom Brady drove his team down the field in overtime to win at Kansas City in the AFC championship game and he is in the Super Bowl for the third years in a row.  The Shady one was 30 of 46 for 348 yards but he mixed that in with rookie runner Sony Michel who gained 113 yards on 29 carries.

But the keys are James White who has 94 rushes and 87 catches during the regular season and Julian Edelman (74 catches, 850 yards) .

The New England offensive line kept KC's top-ranked (led the NFL in sacks) pass rush off Brady all day and they have to find a way to eliminate all-NFL Ram tackle Aaron Donald (20.5 sacks) .  But the Rams old country coach Wade Phillips has a lot of crazy corner back blitzes and on a dry, fast track, we're going to see some of them

The best matchup is Brady, who smoked the KC zone defense, against a Rams secondary that will play mostly man-to-man.

NE hogged the ball for 40 minutes (counting overtime) against KC, keeping their high-powered offense in the lock box

The Patriots (14-5) defeated Kansas City 43-40 and 37-31 and the Rams beat KC 54-51.

What does that tell us?  Nothing. Probably.

But it does explain the 'over' at 55.

I think you go 'under'...something like 31-20..that's the best bet.

Prop Bets:

Referees conferences on close calls   =  over -under: 5

Tony Romo saying' "This is really exciting'  =  over-under: 5

Tom Brady interceptions =  over-under: 2

Jared Goff interceptions = over=-under: 3

Folks asking 'Who is Maroon 5'?  =  over-under = 3

Commercials involving dogs or small children = over-under = 10

Todd Gurley yards rushing = over-under = 50

Comparisons between how old Bill Belichick is and how young Sean McVey is: over-under 5

Promotions for 'March Madness' and 'The Masters' on CBS!!!!   over-under 4

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The 53rd consolidated (NFC-AFC) NFL championship   6:30 EST  Jim Nantz, Tony (turn down the sound) Romo and Tracy Wolfson on CBS

...............….over-under 55 inside the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta 

3rd year QB Jared Goff (364 of 461, 4,688 yards, 64.9%, 32 TDs, 12 INTs) reaches the Super Bowl for the first time with 1,000-yard receivers Robert Woods (86 catches, 1,219 yards, 6 TDs) and Brandin Cooks (80 catches, 1,204 yards, 5 TDs)...and a 1,000-yard running back in Todd Gurley (256 rushes, 1,251 yards and an NFL-best 17 TDs).

This is the team that gained 6,738 yards and an NFL-best 401 first downs (25 a game) during the regular season but its also the team that didnt score a TD in a 15-6 loss (Goff threw 4 interceptions) to the Bears.

The New England defense had an AFC championship game which mirrored its season. The Patriots shut out a Kansas City offense which was No.1 in the NFL for the entire first half. And then gave up 31 points in the second half.

the Patriots had 30 sacks during the regular season but 18 interceptions. They seemed to play 5 or 6 defensive backs on every down against KC but I'd guess they'd switch to a conventional front-7 against the Rams on first down. What I've noticed is that if you don't run a no-huddle attack on NE to keep them from substituting, you better have the smartest QB in the world because they're changing defense on every down and disquising it until the play clock runs down.

AARP super star 'Shady' Tom Brady drove his team down the field in overtime to win at Kansas City in the AFC championship game and he is in the Super Bowl for the third years in a row.  The Shady one was 30 of 46 for 348 yards but he mixed that in with rookie runner Sony Michel who gained 113 yards on 29 carries.

The New England offensive line kept KC's top-ranked (led the NFL in sacks) pass rush off Brady all day

The Patriots (defeated Kansas City 43-40 and 37-31.

I honestly do not see the Patriots having many problems with the Rams. Tough to imagine Tom losing 2 SB's in a row especially to opposing QB's named Foles and now Goff. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and the Rams will pull it out but I doubt it. The Pats can even play loose because a loss still does not hurt Tom's legacy. If he loses he is still 5-4 (above .500) in SB's, a winning record and would still have the most SB wins for any starting QB in SB's. He would have the same record as Magic Johnson does in NBA Finals = 5-4 and most people think Magic is a unanimous top 3 NBA player of all-time period. I think Tom gets #6 and pretty easily by 10 or more points. They have too much experience in these big games to lose 2 SB's in a row, JMO.

• Like 1

We all saw that Rams game vs. the Bears when Goff just didn't know what he was seeing.

..and Gurley acted strangely at the NFC title game..I don't know what was wrong with him.

Brady threw three interceptions 2 weeks ago (only 2 counted) but Marcus Peters will be in man-to-man coverage against Tom Brady? 

That dog wont hunt.

I hate to say it but if I had to bet 'win-lose'...I'd take the Patriots and give the 2 1/2

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We all saw that Rams game vs. the Bears when Goff just didn't know what he was seeing.

..and Gurley acted strangely at the NFC title game..I don't know what was wrong with him.

Brady threw three interceptions 2 weeks ago (only 2 counted) but Marcus Peters will be in man-to-man coverage against Tom Brady? 

That dog wont hunt.

I hate to say it but if I had to bet 'win-lose'...I'd take the Patriots and give the 2 1/2

I would give the points as well and take the Pats. 

i'll take the rams to cover as long as there is no money involved haha.  i wouldnt put a real bet either way on this one

i think the rams have the defense to win, the question is how will their offense do.  i dont expect a huge day from gurley, but 80 on the ground and 2 scores could be enough.  goff doesnt need to do what foles did, but he cant turn it over

5 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i'll take the rams to cover as long as there is no money involved haha.  i wouldnt put a real bet either way on this one

i think the rams have the defense to win, the question is how will their offense do.  i dont expect a huge day from gurley, but 80 on the ground and 2 scores could be enough.  goff doesnt need to do what foles did, but he cant turn it over

There's a lot of reason to go with the Rams...

Wade Phillips has had some success against Tom Brady.

I just don't know how well Jared Goff is going to play

• Like 1

I honestly thought the Rams were going undefeated at points during this season. Then they slipped up a couple games.. finished 13-3 and we won't give them a shot lol. Because the GOAT, Bill belicheck is on the other side..  how come nobody told me he was responsible for showing down the Jim Kelly offense in the bills first Superbowl?!..  oh well. Hope McVay can show a little Moxy tonight..

The NE OL has a huge job today but Hoody nearly always comes up with a way to take the opposition's biggest threat. I am anxious to see what the double barrel running game for the Rams can do because the Rams need to control the ball for 4 quarters keeping Brady on the sideline.

27 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

bill-belichick-star-wars-paul-howe-illus

Classic, worth framing.

Prop Bets:

Referees conferences on close calls   =  over -under: 5 Refs are generally good in the SB Under

Tony Romo saying' "This is really exciting'  =  over-under: 5 Under

Tom Brady interceptions =  over-under: 2 Under

Jared Goff interceptions = over=-under: 3 Under

Folks asking 'Who is Maroon 5'?  =  over-under = 3 Under

Commercials involving dogs or small children = over-under = 10 Different Commercials? Or if a commercial plays over and over does it count? I assume the 1st Under

Todd Gurley yards rushing = over-under = 50 Over

Comparisons between how old Bill Belichick is and how young Sean McVey is: over-under 5 Over

Promotions for 'March Madness' and 'The Masters' on CBS!!!!   over-under 4 Over

(don't forget them also promoting that new AAF Spring League too.)

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

DM, are you sure you want to go with that answer???

They are awful any other time but I can't recall the last time I saw refs making mistakes in the SB. It's like they get their act together for one game so that non-football fans don't see "the dark side" of football. Granted last year they had a couple of huddles on some calls, but over 5 would be pushing it IMO.

1 minute ago, DraftMaster said:

They are awful any other time but I can't recall the last time I saw refs making mistakes in the SB. It's like they get their act together for one game so that non-football fans don't see "the dark side" of football. Granted last year they had a couple of huddles on some calls, but over 5 would be pushing it IMO.

SB 40 was awful.

That's one 'I'm, so excited' for Romo

5 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Rams deferred, so the Patriots can't get the consecutive touchdowns at halftime! There is a tiny sliver of hope!

(Patriots will blow down the field for the easy TD to take control of this game and put it away).

o for 1

13 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

5 minutes..no bad calls yet:hat:

2 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Goff, like the NFCCG, looks unprepared and skittish out of the gate.

Time for Brady to blow down the field for the easy TD.

skittish?

(Sounds like he ate to many skittles):thinking: