Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Skai moore

Krauses

I view him as a Clayton Geathers kinda sub package player - which in this league means he would certainly play a lot in the nickel and dime.

I'm sure a full season and now a full offseason in a professional diet and strength training program would be beneficial to him seeing the field more next season.

You can't ignore his production and insticts in college - they will translate on the field better next year when he's stronger and faster (instinctively)!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Krauses said:

What are your thoughts on Skai Moore. I loved what I saw from him in college but looks a little undersized.  But then again lenord is 220lbs.  

Does he have starter potential??

You never know how (well and far) a player develops over time until time passes.  To me, he is a 2 time neck injury player. Not good IME.  He is also special teamer and backup WILL material in my minds eye.  Needs more bulk/power for MIKE backup.  Not a SAM at all.

Wasn't he a UDFA, waived off the roster at one point, and subsequently not claimed?  Apparently not a highly coveted practice squad player either.  Maybe it's the neck...

I didn't see anything special to be honest.  And he certainly doesn't bring anything against the run.  I agree with Scott as far as subpackages for him.  We'll see what's in store for him in 2019 but it wouldn't surprise me if he's not here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am with @krunk he seemed to be a liability every time he was on the field.  He was horrible in run defense and didn't do much in pass defense either. Not saying that he can't improve but I think the only way he stays on the team in 2019 is if; the Colts do not sign any other LBers or there are some injuries during the preseason.

IMO, his role in the D is the role that Geathers fills, an in the box safety on passing downs.  The difference is, he is not as good against the run as Geathers nor is he as good in pass D.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

You never know how (well and far) a player develops over time until time passes.  To me, he is a 2 time neck injury player. Not good IME.  He is also special teamer and backup WILL material in my minds eye.  Needs more bulk/power for MIKE backup.  Not a SAM at all.

Wasn't he a UDFA, waived off the roster at one point, and subsequently not claimed?  Apparently not a highly coveted practice squad player either.  Maybe it's the neck...

Agreed but if we are talking neck injuries then is geathers even worth resigning?? Maybe cheap 

35 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He grades as smart, very instinctive, but below average speed, athlete to have solid coverage skills.
Kinda makes him a practice squad level grade waiting for someone just a little better to bump him. 

Those were said about Gary Brackett too but once you stop reacting with a good grasp of the D and start balling, your instincts and smarts can help you overcome a few limitations. Unlike Gary though, he is still a passing down guy at best.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:04 AM, chad72 said:

Those were said about Gary Brackett too but once you stop reacting with a good grasp of the D and start balling, your instincts and smarts can help you overcome a few limitations. Unlike Gary though, he is still a passing down guy at best.

Yes. There's a lot to be said for guys like that.  Not the most highly drafter nor talented (maybe even have a chip on the shoulder) yet are smart, understand the responsibilities in detail, and then outwork everyone else.  Will get you quite far.  Look at most of the Pats rosters over the years.