Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FirsTime

Free Agent Edge Rusher

Free Agent Edge Rusher  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which edge rusher could be a Colt next year?

• Demarcus Lawrence
    • Jadeveon Clowney
    • Trey Flowers
    • Frank Clark
    • Dee Ford
    • Dante Fowler Jr.
    • Other

How much do we pay the person or persons you think? Why do you think they will be a colt? Why/How are they reaching free agency? Any other insight?

I would imagine a few of these players will be re signed in March.

Just because they are up for contracts does not mean they will be hitting free agency.

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I would imagine a few of these players will be re signed in March.

Just because they are up for contracts does not mean they will be hitting free agency.

I agree completely, but they aren't signed now just wondering everyone's thought on the questions.

2 minutes ago, FirsTime said:

I agree completely, but they aren't signed now just wondering everyone's thought on the questions.

Hard to answer that question.

Once the season get completely over we will find out. I think the GMs are already talking to agents but till a deal is signed we don't know who or where these players will go.

The rumor mill will be rolling. haha

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Hard to answer that question.

Once the season get completely over we will find out. I think the GMs are already talking to agents but till a deal is signed we don't know who or where these players will go.

The rumor mill will be rolling. haha

They're best guess and opinionated questions on what you think could happen. I understand how free agency works. I just want to see if anyone has some good theories as of now before anything is set in stone. Let me give you an example:

I think Brandon Graham could be a colt next year. He is getting up there in age so he may not resign in Philly and he has a Frank Reich connection. I think he would get around 6 mil or so(this is just an example). 

If Clowney makes it to FA...I hope Ballard does what he can.

But Dee Ford (who is supposedly hitting FA) has the Ballard connection...and is probably the most likely.

Would love Clowney but I don't see him hitting FA.  I think Flowers has a better chance but I can see Belichick doing a tag and trade.   Clark would be a great fit as well. 

Flowers is the only one I think has any chance of making it to market, so that's who I picked.

And I doubt he makes it to market...

I think Trey Flowers has a chance to hit FA. Pats usually try to avoid paying for players they haven't invested in a ton. They have shown willingness to let players go and just collect the 3d-4th compensatory that comes with it... 

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think Trey Flowers has a chance to hit FA. Pats usually try to avoid paying for players they haven't invested in a ton. They have shown willingness to let players go and just collect the 3d-4th compensatory that comes with it... 

I think they traded Chris Chandler and Jaimie Collins before they had to pay them.  I could see the same happening with Flowers. 

I have this gut feeling an edge rusher is making it to FA and were gonna pay. I'm thinking Trey Flowers as well, but then again they may sign him since they haven't traded him yet to get max value. Maybe its just wishful thinking on my end.

18 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think they traded Chris Chandler and Jaimie Collins before they had to pay them.  I could see the same happening with Flowers. 

Chandler Jones. And they did trade both of them. Collins was a bit of a different case...because he was apparently doing his own thing too much on defense. Still not sure why they traded Jones.

If Flowers gets tagged...I hope the Colts stay away. Doubtful those two teams are trading again for a while anyways.

25 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Chandler Jones. And they did trade both of them. Collins was a bit of a different case...because he was apparently doing his own thing too much on defense. Still not sure why they traded Jones.

If Flowers gets tagged...I hope the Colts stay away. Doubtful those two teams are trading again for a while anyways.

Thanks for the correction.  It was Chandler Jones I was thinking of.  I wonder if the Patriots would want Brissett back as part of a trade for Flowers.  Just thinking out loud. 

Brandon Graham is my dark horse. He's getting older, but he is still consistently in the backfield. If we could pair him with Grady Jarrett, oh muh god.

They'll sign DeMarcus Lawrence, Clowney, and Earl Thomas...all of em. Then we'll draft Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, and DK Metcalf at WR and Jacobs at RB, and Hockenson at TE. All defense FA, and all offense draft. That's. What's. Gonna. Happen. 

I love these posts because it keeps the offseason interesting, but the odds are much better of none of those guys listed hitting FA than them hitting the market. They'll most likely aggressively pursue anything that does hit the market, and draft DL early. I'd imagine there will be either an FA WR or one drafted (the brass is more content with in-house WRs than the fanbase), with other most likely positions addressed via draft being CB, S, LB and OL...always OL.

Forget about David Irving.  He missed a few drug tests, apparently.

I could possibly see Shane Ray, as an Ebron-type move.  Polian thought he was the next Mathis.  Let Mathis work with him and see what happens.

Lawrence would be who I want but I doubt he hits FA, Ford would be a nice pickup that I could see happening more realistically. 

I know Trey Flowers is the most popular on this forum but do you think given that if the Pats are successful on Sunday he'll have won 2 Superbowls and therefore join whatever team will offer him the most money?

None.

A couple of them will be re-signed or tagged. The ones that aren’t, Will be more than what Ballard likes to play. I wouldn’t count on any big name edge rushers.