Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is defense the biggest need or offense?

Stephen

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah I don’t think it matters to much where your ranked on defense. It’s more of are you able to stop the other team at critical parts of the game.  It’s not about having a dominate D anyone. But you do need to get stops when they are important.

IMO it's more about having playmakers on both sides of the ball that step up when you need them the most.  Leonard and I think Hooker, if he fully recovers, would fit that role on the defense.  One more would make this defense really formidable.  Same on the offensive side.  One more playmaker is needed.   Then I think we are off to the races as the saying goes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

I'm not saying that you're uninformed. Just that I disagree with you and giving real terms examples why. No need to take it personally.

If you listened to what the point I was trying  to say, it was no matter what defense you put together on paper. It doesn't always equate to what you do on defense by playoff time. A good example of that is the 2006 Colts playoff run to the Super Bowl. During the season we were horrible on stopping the run, but as a whole we came together in the playoffs . With Solid ball control on offense, By this  I mean even Peyton saying, He had a leaning curve to resist from scoring quickly and learn to control the ball on offense, for. ball controlling drives , to help the defense out, and not letting them get tired .

12 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

If you listened to what the point I was trying  to say, it was no matter what defense you put together on paper. It doesn't always equate to what you do on defense by playoff time. A good example of that is the 2006 Colts playoff run to the Super Bowl. During the season we were horrible on stopping the run, but as a whole we came together in the playoffs . With Solid ball control on offense, By this  I mean even Peyton saying, He had a leaning curve to resist from scoring quickly and learn to control the ball on offense, for. ball controlling drives , to help the defense out, and not letting them get tired .

I did listen and said that in my opinion you couldn't hide a lack of talent on defense. I used both super bowl teams as an example of teams who had invested on talent on the side and were now more balanced than we currently stand.

The 2006 team once again might be an example of a team that is bad at a certain aspect of their play but once again they weren't talent deficient.

Freeney, Mathis and Sanders were superstars and there were several other high end picks on the defensive roster.  They might have have been poor statistically but they weren't all poor players.

3 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

This more or less resembles, you trying to prove only your analogy is right dude .  It's only your opinion just like it's only mine, So don't get to sacrilegious on  us to justify your point.  You can't win. sucker just like I can't  It's hearsay . 

I'm not doing anything of the sort. Relax.

I suppose wanting a team with talent on defense in a similar building process as other successful teams is some sort of controversial outlook. 

13 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

I'm not doing anything of the sort. Relax.

I suppose wanting a team with talent on defense in a similar building process as other successful teams is some sort of controversial outlook. 

Balance is the key, And I strongly believe Ballard will do this that on each side of the ball next season  via Draft , FA and walk-ons. offense and defense.  

2 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Balance is the key, And I strongly believe Ballard will do this that on each side of the ball next season  via Draft , FA and walk-ons. offense and defense.  

give me that 2000 ravens defense or 2013 seahawks