Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WISH article: Entertainers address social injustice issues at Super Bowl

Nancy

9 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

you can find the overall police violence numbers, they are mostly the same, and actually up a little.

Please provide a source that says police are killing African-Americans at a higher rate now than they were before Kap knelt.

You're trying to prove this point, the burden of proof is on you.

But if you are right, it would sadden me.  Like I said, this won't be resolved overnight, but raising awareness was a good starting point.  (And for the record, while I agree with raising awareness, I don't agree with Kap kneeling as the right method to do so.  I do like the new "My Cleats My Cause" method and wish something like that would have been implemented in the first place.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Please provide a source that says police are killing African-Americans at a higher rate now than they were before Kap knelt.

it cant be proven bud, they dont release the race for every police shooting

i dont have to prove anything either, i dont think his raising awareness was effective at stopping police violence and thats my opinion.  if you want proof then you can look for it yourself

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

it cant be proven bud, they dont release the race for every police shooting

i dont have to prove anything either, i dont think his raising awareness was effective at stopping police violence and thats my opinion.  if you want proof then you can look for it yourself

200.gif

I didn't give an opinion about whether the protests have had an effect on police violence, you did.  And you formed your opinion that the protests had no effect without any proof to back up your opinion.

Wouldn't you want proof before forming an opinion?

You're basically admitting that you're basing your opinion on something that either can't be proven or that you're too lazy to look up statistics for... or you tried to look it up and found out you were wrong, but are too stubborn to admit you're wrong...  :dunno:

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

200.gif

I didn't give an opinion about whether the protests have had an effect on police violence, you did.  And you formed your opinion that the protests had no effect without any proof to back up your opinion.

Wouldn't you want proof before forming an opinion?

You're basically admitting that you're basing your opinion on something that either can't be proven or that you're too lazy to look up statistics for... or you tried to look it up and found out you were wrong, but are too stubborn to admit you're wrong...  :dunno:

do you think raising awareness matters or not?  if so then prove it yourself

if you dont know, then that means you are at least open to the idea that i am right.  

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

do you think raising awareness matters or not?  if so then prove it yourself

if you dont know, then that means you are at least open to the idea that i am right.  

You're trying to turn this around on me instead of admitting that you're just throwing an opinion out there without being able to back it up.

But yes, I believe raising awareness is the first step to making positive change.  If you insist that I prove it, I'll point to reform laws that are brought about as a result of people finding out about injustice.

When the average citizen is made aware of things like what happened to Jews during the Holocaust, or slaves during slavery, or African-Americans during segregation, or children in sex-slave rings, they usually start to advocate harsher laws against things like genocide, slavery, hate-crimes, and child-trafficking.

So maybe raising awareness about police violence will lead to the advocacy of harsher laws for officers found guilty of unjustifiable violence, which will hopefully lead to less police violence.  :thmup:

this cant really be proven.  i have an opinion and you have yours, ive said that several times now

the numbers dont show how many of these were actually justified too, so that makes things even murkier.   you seem hell bent on asking me for proof, but at the same time are not sure that it works at all

9 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

What exactly is your opinion?

That we won't change anything, so there's no point in raising awareness about a problem?

How do you propose we make positive change in this world without raising peoples' awareness about the problems in the world?

:scratch:

my opinion is that his kneeling didnt have an affect on police violence.  you are being a hypocrite too, by asking me to prove it when you clearly think the opposite but cant prove it yourself 

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

my opinion is that his kneeling didnt have an affect on police violence.  you are being a hypocrite too, by asking me to prove it when you clearly think the opposite but cant prove it yourself 

I thought I proved it using your own article showing that the rate went down at the time of that article.

I'm willing to admit that once more current data is available, I might be wrong.

You're just being stubborn by not admitting that you might be wrong.

24 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I thought I proved it using your own article showing that the rate went down at the time of that article.

I'm willing to admit that once more current data is available, I might be wrong.

You're just being stubborn by not admitting that you might be wrong.

there is no proof at all the rate went down!  there were 250+ with the race unaccounted for, many of them are going to be minorities.  im done with this thread if you are going to keep skipping over that

its not proof when you have reason to believe otherwise

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

there is no proof at all the rate went down!  there were 250+ with the race unaccounted for, many of them are going to be minorities.  im done with this thread if you are going to keep skipping over that

its not proof when you have reason to believe otherwise

If you want to make assumptions about the rate, that's fine.

I already admitted that I might be wrong, and will see what more current statistics say when they come out.  I also said it wouldn't be an overnight solution, and that I don't think kneeling for the anthem was the right way to go about raising awareness.

But I think you don't WANT the kneeling to have had an impact, regardless of statistics, just because you didn't like the kneeling.  That's why you're sticking to your opinion without admitting the possibility that you might be wrong.  :sip:

17 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

If you want to make assumptions about the rate, that's fine.

I already admitted that I might be wrong, and will see what more current statistics say when they come out.  I also said it wouldn't be an overnight solution, and that I don't think kneeling for the anthem was the right way to go about raising awareness.

But I think you don't WANT the kneeling to have had an impact, regardless of statistics, just because you didn't like the kneeling.  That's why you're sticking to your opinion without admitting the possibility that you might be wrong.  :sip:

yeah he should have done things differently.  now hes out of the league and its very questionable if he even accomplished anything 

i fully 100% agree with the message, but i dont have to like the delivery.  this is a battle that needs to be fought in the courts and statehouses.  when you kneel for the anthem those guys are going to ignore the message and focus on that 

• Like 1