Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sources:peyton Favors Cardinals, Broncos

bap1331

Ok, although the AFC is an easier path, you have still have the elite teams waiting at the top. It's still tough for both conferences, so if you go to the AFC, it doesn't mean it's more guarranteed. It depends on a lot of things, more than just the strength of the conference. It's tough wherever you go. The AFC West is actually easier than the NFC West. The record of the NFC West is 30-34, and the record of the AFC West is 31-33. So it's not much, but it makes you wrong. If you go by division strength, that one goes to the NFC West.

Like I said before about the money. THe Denver Broncos have many more free agents and have more draft picks. The Cardinald will dump Brown and Kolb if Manning comes to town which means they'll have about the same amount of cap space as the Broncos after all their signings. Now after all the Cardinals signings, they'll have just enough to sign Peyton, and the Broncos would probably have around 5-7M dollars more than the Cardinals. Is it that big of a deal? Not really. The Cards will fix their line and no receiver in FA, in the draft, or in this league is better than Larry Fitzgerald. Plus they have good young kids in Roberts and Doucet, plus Heap at TE. The Broncos D is better in the run defense department, but with the Broncos secondary being very very old, it looks like the Cards could and probably will have the better secondary next year. The Colts went to the playoffs with the worst run D in 2006; they had the 2nd best pass D. Although they fixed it in the playoffs, it shows you could get away, even with the worst run D in NFL history. The Cards are a better option for Peyton, plus look at Larry Fitz today, didn't see that from any of the Broncs players, just saying.

Cutting Kolb only saves 4 million and they are already 3 million over the cap. At this point they are going to struggle just getting the money needed to sign Peyton

I just don't get why he wouldn't give the Chiefs a chance.

They have an extremely solid roster, top to bottom. He would be the icing on the cake.

Rex Grossman could win 13 games with that team...plus the cap space, they could sign anyone they want.

An outdoor stadium with colder tendencies than Denver and a GM who sounds like a psychopath are probably part of the problem.

An outdoor stadium with colder tendencies than Denver and a GM who sounds like a psychopath are probably part of the problem.

Also, no one seems to consider his wife. Aren't any of you married? We all know that we take our spouses wants more seriously than we admit at the office cooler. Yes, Peyton would be the one making the final decision, but this is likely his last contract. His lady has no doubt said that the weather in Miami is pretty nice. KC?

Not so much.

Also, no one seems to consider his wife. Aren't any of you married? We all know that we take our spouses wants more seriously than we admit at the office cooler. Yes, Peyton would be the one making the final decision, but this is likely his last contract. His lady has no doubt said that the weather in Miami is pretty nice. KC?

Not so much.

AH, the elephant in the room (probably not the most appropriate expression). YES, I am married. I had actually already thought about this in wondering why he doesn't seem interested in going back to Tennessee (where she is from I believe). Maybe that's the problem - they don't want to be anywhere NEAR Tennessee.

She apparently already likes Miami, the southwest is probably very nice as long as you get out before the temperature hits 172 in the shade (like during training camp), and Denver is probably the stopping off point for every ski vacation known to man, while actually being a nice suburban area with all the amenities of a bigger city, luxury chalets galore, and a pretty high standard of living. I've always assumed that KC mostly has wind and cows (not necessarily in that order). Worth noting also that Seattle has all of the amenities of Denver and more (if you substitute slowly climbing up mountains for rapidly sliding down them), but has so much rain that you can't find any of them.

Ahh

I just looked into Pioli a little bit. I did not realize he tapped his own employees phones. I can kinda see why Big P wouldn't want to go there....although I do really like their roster.

Cutting Kolb only saves 4 million and they are already 3 million over the cap. At this point they are going to struggle just getting the money needed to sign Peyton

They have 6M dollars in cap space (http://blog.azcardinals.com/2012/03/08/considering-cap-space/). I heard Kolb opens up 7M, but 4M is good too. Levi Brown opens up 16.9M which gives up around 27M dollars in cap space to resign around 15 FAs, and they'll only sign 10 of them, which gives them about 20M dollars to sign PM. If they give him the right contract, they'll have some money leftover, and spend it on some needs. Like I said, they also have the draft. The Broncos have tons of free agents, and must sign PM first. They have around 44M to do that, but with all those free agents, they'll have about 30M after that with about 10-12M in cap space. That's more than the Cards, but not by that much. He'll choose the team that's best for him, not the team.

http://profootballta...as-of-march-11/

Apparently we were both wrong, the Cards are 16.4 mil over the cap

Ouch, but still,with the release of Kolb and Brown, that puts them 4M une\der the cap. Then they could dump Joey Porter which opens up more space. Then they sign Manning and figure out a way to give him a big deal and not take up much cap space. Maybe a lot of bonuses.

Ouch though, 16M is terrible. I think if their interested, they'll find a way to get him. They wouldnt waste their time and I don't even think it matters if the Cards are over the cap this year. It all matters next year.

Ok, although the AFC is an easier path, you have still have the elite teams waiting at the top. It's still tough for both conferences, so if you go to the AFC, it doesn't mean it's more guarranteed. It depends on a lot of things, more than just the strength of the conference. It's tough wherever you go. The AFC West is actually easier than the NFC West. The record of the NFC West is 30-34, and the record of the AFC West is 31-33. So it's not much, but it makes you wrong. If you go by division strength, that one goes to the NFC West.

Like I said before about the money. THe Denver Broncos have many more free agents and have more draft picks. The Cardinald will dump Brown and Kolb if Manning comes to town which means they'll have about the same amount of cap space as the Broncos after all their signings. Now after all the Cardinals signings, they'll have just enough to sign Peyton, and the Broncos would probably have around 5-7M dollars more than the Cardinals. Is it that big of a deal? Not really. The Cards will fix their line and no receiver in FA, in the draft, or in this league is better than Larry Fitzgerald. Plus they have good young kids in Roberts and Doucet, plus Heap at TE. The Broncos D is better in the run defense department, but with the Broncos secondary being very very old, it looks like the Cards could and probably will have the better secondary next year. The Colts went to the playoffs with the worst run D in 2006; they had the 2nd best pass D. Although they fixed it in the playoffs, it shows you could get away, even with the worst run D in NFL history. The Cards are a better option for Peyton, plus look at Larry Fitz today, didn't see that from any of the Broncs players, just saying.

no i'm not wrong...what was the 49ers record? now what was the AFC west winner's record? and the AFC west winner WAS the broncos! So youre wrong...it would be harder for the Cardinals + Peyton to topple the 49ers than it would be for the Broncos + Peyton to win the division that they already won last year without Peyton!

As for salary cap $ available, youre wrong again...the Broncos have told Peyton that they could sign Wayne, Saturday and Clark along with Peyton...the Cards have to cut their starting LT and QB just to make room for Peyton alone.

Yes, Fitzgerald may be the best WR in the NFL, but when you only have one good WR, its easier for the other team to double him...if you have multiple receivers, then someone is almost always open.

Would you think its easier to have to beat the Packers, Giants, 49ers etc or the Patriots, Ravens and Steelers? The Pats have a horrible D, the Ravens have a horrible Offense and the Broncos beat the Steelers last year with Tebow as the QB.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7674669/peyton-manning-meets-arizona-cardinals-sources-say-no-contract-talk

Very good article. I do not know how to quote directly from it but here are some highlights.....

"Manning has extensive quality video to show teams and is not believed to be opposed to working out for teams he identifies as finalists. However, he has acknowledged a willingness to financially protect any team that signs him in the event of a medical setback related to his previous neck injury and surgeries as he did last summer when he rejected a fully guaranteed five-year $100-million offer from Colts owner Jim Irsay"

"Manning has stated he has made considerable progress throwing while his nerves have regenerated and his right arm has strengthened to the point where sources say his velocity has increased, he is able to throw the NFL's traditional passing routes and his distances have routinely reached 50 yards"

I'm pulling for AZ. I've got two close friends who are DIEHARD Broncos fans and they do not want Peyton in the least. The line they keep using is "I don't know why we'd pay so much for a backup QB". They are sold on Tebow and want to see that develop. Although, for all the crap they've given me the last 10 years, it would be hilarious to see Manning throwing to Wayne and Clark in Broncos jerseys and watching my buddies have to deal with that. Poetic justice.

http://espn.go.com/n...als-sources-say

of course he favors them. It is the only 2 teams he has visited! I think he will be convinced when he goes to the Dolphins to stay there. Nice weather all the time! Great defense and solid offense that just needs a QB.

I enjoy seeing Tebow in Denver. I find it ridiculous Elway called him in...

Nice weather all the time? Folly. Its absolutely miserable from April through November with 91 degrees every day, 98% humidity, 1-2" of rain every day at 1600 hrs, not to mention hurricanes from August-October. It is beautiful in December-February. Suffered through living in that third world heck hole for 9.5 years. (Sorry, rant over). I'd be crushed to see Manning in SoFla.