Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sources:peyton Favors Cardinals, Broncos

bap1331

http://espn.go.com/n...als-sources-say

of course he favors them. It is the only 2 teams he has visited! I think he will be convinced when he goes to the Dolphins to stay there. Nice weather all the time! Great defense and solid offense that just needs a QB.

I enjoy seeing Tebow in Denver. I find it ridiculous Elway called him in...

I don't know...thats a really tough AFC East. I think Tebow will get traded to the Jaguars IMO. The Jaguar owner wants to sell tickets....and a Tebow/MJD running attack would be scarier than the one in Denver. Still doesn't mean Peyton goes to Denver but with their cap space...possibly getting another draft pick for Tebow and the weak AFC West and John Elway in charge who knows how to prolong the end of a career and could read Mannings mind sounds pretty realistic.

I think it's looking more and more like Cardinals. They have a lot of room to fix up that team in Peyton's favor, it's really hot there and they play 11 of their 16 games in a dome. Really nice facility and a real good fan base. It's a real attractive offer. The Dolphins are another great team and I'll see how he likes the Dolphins, that' the most important interview. The Broncos are a great team, but not a good fit for Peyton. I think personally, it's down to Cards and Fins.

http://espn.go.com/n...als-sources-say

of course he favors them. It is the only 2 teams he has visited! I think he will be convinced when he goes to the Dolphins to stay there. Nice weather all the time! Great defense and solid offense that just needs a QB.

I enjoy seeing Tebow in Denver. I find it ridiculous Elway called him in...

Well... there could be a multi-faceted agenda to that decision for sure.... and one angle that actually makes sense.

I could easily see Elway wanting Manning in Denver to on the one hand get him off the hook from fan pressure of having to start Tebow, and at the same time having the most respected and cerebral QB in the NFL perhaps serve as a mentor to him and maybe help Tebow blend the disciplines of pocket passing into his game.

I like Tim Tebow... and bringing Peyton in if he is healthy has plenty of merit on its own.... but it also gives Elway an escape hatch from the Tim Tebow dilemma by virtue of Peyton's obvious instant starting role and perhaps a 2-3 year apprenticeship for Tebow as a backup... OR... if his more weasely side comes out, it gives Elway cover to just trade Tebow out of Denver with WAY less backlash from Bronco fans.

But its not a huge surprise to me that Peyton was courted by Denver because John Elway.... as Baltimore era Colts fans can attest to... calculates everything.

Its anybody's guess right now. Which ever team is willing to surround him with the best ball club is the likely destination. Arizona has salary cap problems if they want to sign Peyton. They definately will have to do some restructuring and trades and cuts. They can do it but will they be able to ADD to a mediocre team past Peyton. I think not and being in the NFC is two strikes. I just don't see it.

I think it's looking more and more like Cardinals. They have a lot of room to fix up that team in Peyton's favor, it's really hot there and they play 11 of their 16 games in a dome. Really nice facility and a real good fan base. It's a real attractive offer. The Dolphins are another great team and I'll see how he likes the Dolphins, that' the most important interview. The Broncos are a great team, but not a good fit for Peyton. I think personally, it's down to Cards and Fins.

of all the teams rumored to be interested in Peyton, Arizona has the least amount of available cap space...and they're in the NFC...

Peyton prefers to stay in the AFC...the Broncos are in the weakest division...and they already have almost $45million in available cap space. Those are just some of the reasons that i think the Broncos are the heavy favorite and most likely landing spot for him.

I don't know...thats a really tough AFC East. I think Tebow will get traded to the Jaguars IMO. The Jaguar owner wants to sell tickets....and a Tebow/MJD running attack would be scarier than the one in Denver. Still doesn't mean Peyton goes to Denver but with their cap space...possibly getting another draft pick for Tebow and the weak AFC West and John Elway in charge who knows how to prolong the end of a career and could read Mannings mind sounds pretty realistic.

the afc east is actually one of the weaker divisions in football and has been for a long time. if peyton goes to the dolphins i can see him doing well there. Two games against the pats, but the dolphins play the pats close every game without manning. jets have a bad qb and are very disfunctional atm and the bills are still a joke. I think you're right about tebow to the jags. it makes sense for both teams.

the afc east is actually one of the weaker divisions in football and has been for a long time. if peyton goes to the dolphins i can see him doing well there. Two games against the pats, but the dolphins play the pats close every game without manning. jets have a bad qb and are very disfunctional atm and the bills are still a joke. I think you're right about tebow to the jags. it makes sense for both teams.

The AFC east is weak BECAUSE of the Dolfins. Buffalo is getting better, Jets should bounce back, and the Pats are scary good. I think the Fins have the best O-line of all the teams pursuing him so that is a huge plus. He has a condo their and Florida has no state income tax (nice plus). They have cap issues of their own though. I am not sure they could add much more than Peyton but do have a high draft pick. To me its between the Dolfins and the Broncos. Broncos have Elway and 45 million in cap space...some decent players but nothing special..and a weak division.

of all the teams rumored to be interested in Peyton, Arizona has the least amount of available cap space...and they're in the NFC...

Peyton prefers to stay in the AFC...the Broncos are in the weakest division...and they already have almost $45million in available cap space. Those are just some of the reasons that i think the Broncos are the heavy favorite and most likely landing spot for him.

Who has the better offense between the two, the Cards. Their GM has said that they want to fix that O-line which measn they get rid of of Brown and get two quality tackles either in the draft or FA. Their interior O-line is pretty good and that O-line in general should be good for next year. All the players on the Cards said they would want him, and none of the players on the Broncs said they would want him. Team morale is an important for a FA. That defense of the Cards is young and getting better, and on the Broncs, their best players Goodman, Dawkins and Bailey are all retiring soon. The Cards have 2 great safeties, and Peterson who's going to be great. That D-line is very good and their linebacking core is pretty good. The Cards weather and climate is much more attractive than the Broncs. They play in a dome, sound familiar, and they play in a dome 11 times next year. A natural grass surface extends the careers of a player and Arizona uses natural grass. Denver uses a hybrid. Teams and players care a lot about this. A lot of things favour the Cards, more than the Broncs. Even more things favour the Fins. Wait till he has his interview with the Fins, they'll become favorites.

It would be awesome to see Manning throwing to Fitzegerald

I'm liking the idea of Peyton to Brandon Marshall. Manning has never been able to have a big-man freak receiver. Marshall and Bush catching passes from Manning, sounds like an instant contender to me. Fitz would be a dream combo with Manning, but I'm not convinced they have the complete package in ARI.

I'm liking the idea of Peyton to Brandon Marshall. Manning has never been able to have a big-man freak receiver. Marshall and Bush catching passes from Manning, sounds like an instant contender to me. Fitz would be a dream combo with Manning, but I'm not convinced they have the complete package in ARI.

The complete package, to me is in Kansas City, if Peyton would only consider it. It does not seem to be high on his list, it seems like. But they have the young wideouts, young RBs, good O-line (better pass blocking O-line that gave up 34 sacks compared to Dolphins 52 sacks), and better D with probably best secondary in the AFC, if not the league, IMO.

The complete package, to me is in Kansas City, if Peyton would only consider it. It does not seem to be high on his list, it seems like. But they have the young wideouts, young RBs, good O-line (better pass blocking O-line that gave up 34 sacks compared to Dolphins 52 sacks), and better D with probably best secondary in the AFC, if not the league, IMO.

Chad, it might be a doomed situation. The AFC West is a jinx!

And the NFC East good luck charm only truly applies to the NFC East this year to win a title.

Broncos fans don't deserve Manning, many of them would still rather have Tebow. I say if they want to suffer with a crappy Tebow let them. The other cities would appreciate Manning. Although, it would be nice for Manning to singlehandedly crush "Tebowmania."

The Broncos fanbase is pretty deeply divided over their QB situation but the divide really doesn't have a lot to do with Peyton himself. As my homie out in Denver put it, they're split about 50/50 on Tebow and there is a lot of friction there but the majority of the pro-Tebow crowd still wants Peyton to come in because (1) he's clearly worlds better at QB and (2) they hope he can teach Tebow a thing or two about playing the position. All in all you probably have 70% of the fanbase pulling for Manning, which isn't too different from anywhere else.

I'm definitely rooting for the quashing of Tebowmania one way or another.

I don't think the conference is as important as the Denver winters. Arizona would be a good fit but Miami and the chance to play the Patriots regularly is enticing.

Peyton is most definitely looking well beyond the players of his prospective teams. KC has been a dubious organization for some time now. I'm not sure their dysfunctional method of operation is going to be appealing to him.

I would say take the Cards and take your chances vs. the Niners. And the Seahawks are sneaky at times too.

The Niners do worry me considering how massive the improvement was under Harbaugh with less of an offseason. Harbaugh took an Alex Smith led team and helped them create a ridiculous defense/get by the hyped up Saints and if not for special teams errors would have competed against the Pats to win it all. I am a Harbaugh lover so in some ways I have rooted for them, a bit of a bandwagon team. :)

Ask Eli has brutal that Niners D can be.

But, still with Arizona you will be indoors for many games and you will be the best QB in the division. You have a top WR....one of the best. You have a coach who has SB experience on two different teams. You might play Eli in the playoffs if you get there but who the heck cares about that. First things first.....find the team that is the best fit for YOU regardless of little brother and daddy.

100% agree! They have 30 million cap room to add Manning, Nicks, Soliai, and Wayne! They are dangerously good then! I think Seattle would be great if they get Manning, Wayne, and Mario Williams. But he's not considering either team..

100% agree! They have 30 million cap room to add Manning, Nicks, Soliai, and Wayne! They are dangerously good then! I think Seattle would be great if they get Manning, Wayne, and Mario Williams. But he's not considering either team..

Building a star studded offseason power house does not always work either. Just ask the Eagles. You need a TEAM. Not just big names and talent.

Thats why I was so giddy over SF last year. Harbaugh built a TEAM.

And also what the heck happens with SD? I felt that team was far too talented at times to finish out of the playoffs, again. You just never know if Rivers and company get it together again for another playoff run and Manning being in the West might inspire them.

Personally, I find the AFC West icky and always feel they are playoff fodder in recent years.

I don't think the conference is as important as the Denver winters. Arizona would be a good fit but Miami and the chance to play the Patriots regularly is enticing.

You do realize that all but a couple regular season games in Denver would be pretty mild, right? And part of the division games would be in oakland and san diego...

And playing in Miami would probably be the hardest division to win, in the AFC...maybe enticing for fans, but not so much for Peyton as a player wanting to go to the Super Bowl and win games

You do realize that all but a couple regular season games in Denver would be pretty mild, right? And part of the division games would be in oakland and san diego...

And playing in Miami would probably be the hardest division to win, in the AFC...maybe enticing for fans, but not so much for Peyton as a player wanting to go to the Super Bowl and win games

An easy road wouldn't prepare a team for a championship and we know how much he likes preparation, and no, I've never been to Denver, just see it in the news when snow is a lot deeper than it is here in Indiana.

Who has the better offense between the two, the Cards. Their GM has said that they want to fix that O-line which measn they get rid of of Brown and get two quality tackles either in the draft or FA. Their interior O-line is pretty good and that O-line in general should be good for next year. All the players on the Cards said they would want him, and none of the players on the Broncs said they would want him. Team morale is an important for a FA. That defense of the Cards is young and getting better, and on the Broncs, their best players Goodman, Dawkins and Bailey are all retiring soon. The Cards have 2 great safeties, and Peterson who's going to be great. That D-line is very good and their linebacking core is pretty good. The Cards weather and climate is much more attractive than the Broncs. They play in a dome, sound familiar, and they play in a dome 11 times next year. A natural grass surface extends the careers of a player and Arizona uses natural grass. Denver uses a hybrid. Teams and players care a lot about this. A lot of things favour the Cards, more than the Broncs. Even more things favour the Fins. Wait till he has his interview with the Fins, they'll become favorites.

SO, Arizona will have less than $20 million in cap space after they cut Levi Brown AND Kolb...how does that afford them Peyton Manning and any o-linemen?

Denver already has over double that amount of cap space, without cutting anyone or even restructuring anyone.

So they have asked every Arizona player, and they all have said they want him, huh? And since none of Denver's players have went to the media, they dont want him? do you seriously believe that? after so many Denver players had problems with Tebow being the starter last year?

As for the weather, i really think too much is being made out of that...and with Denver, he would be playing in Oakland and San Diego and lots of other warm places...not to mention the fact that the majority of the Denver games are in mild weather...its not like they're playing in the mountains during blizards lol

Sure there are some aging players on Denver's team, but they have enough money to get replacements in both the draft and FA

Building a star studded offseason power house does not always work either. Just ask the Eagles. You need a TEAM. Not just big names and talent.

Thats why I was so giddy over SF last year. Harbaugh built a TEAM.

Manning and Wayne is a given. Nicks plays guard Soliai nose tackle, they are positions of need either free agency or draft. Mario addresses the DE for Seattle. Don't come at me talking narrow minded and thinking incompetent. KC needs a NT and Guard. Seattle a DE, oh nooo someone addresses needs in free agency it must be the devil, and automatically means Philadelphia.

SO, Arizona will have less than $20 million in cap space after they cut Levi Brown AND Kolb...how does that afford them Peyton Manning and any o-linemen?

Denver already has over double that amount of cap space, without cutting anyone or even restructuring anyone.

So they have asked every Arizona player, and they all have said they want him, huh? And since none of Denver's players have went to the media, they dont want him? do you seriously believe that? after so many Denver players had problems with Tebow being the starter last year?

As for the weather, i really think too much is being made out of that...and with Denver, he would be playing in Oakland and San Diego and lots of other warm places...not to mention the fact that the majority of the Denver games are in mild weather...its not like they're playing in the mountains during blizards lol

Sure there are some aging players on Denver's team, but they have enough money to get replacements in both the draft and FA

Ok, it's more than 20M, it's around 26M. Levi Brown takes up 16M dollars in cap space and Kolb frees up 7M. (http://blog.azcardin...ring-cap-space/)

They have enough money to get Manning, and have money to sign their draft picks and get a T. They have enough money for Manning, or they'll make room. It all depends on if he wants to go there.

Manning doesn't care about the cap space, the team does. If he likes Arizona over Denver, he's going to Arizona. When thinking about it, if both teams have enough room to sign him, the cap space is irrelevant. The team will find a way to sign him and maybe get some players to help him. BTW, the Broncos have tons of free agents, more than the Cards. The Broncs have 22 and the Cards have 15. A lot of the free agents on the Cards will be released like Chester Taylor and some older guys. The Broncs need to resign 5 starters and the Cards need to resign 3 starters. The FAs favor the Cards.

I haven't asked every Cards player... but there are players that have said that they wanted him to come to Arizona. Dockett, Larry Fitz, Adrian WIlson. Haven't heard anything from Denver. All the teams want Manning, but the Cards have showed that they really want him more. Either way, that's not a big deal, so let's not further discuss that point.

The weather is very important. If I'm a QB, I want to go to the hot place. Arizona plays in 11 dome games, and the Dolphins. If they play the Bills/Jets/Pats in September/October/early November, that will be a hot game too. The schedules of the Cards and the Broncs have are easy and hard. The Broncs are the toughest in the league (arguably) and the Cards have an easy one. Look for youself:

CARDINALS

HomeAwayDivisional opponents

(NFC West)St. Louis Rams

San Francisco 49ers

Seattle Seahawks

Conference opponents

(NFC North)Chicago Bears

Detroit LionsGreen Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

Conference opponents

(based on 2011 division placement)Philadelphia EaglesAtlanta Falcons

Interconference opponents

(AFC East)Buffalo Bills

Miami DolphinsNew England Patriots

New York Jets

Denver Broncos

Home Away Divisional opponents

(AFC West) Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

San Diego Chargers Conference opponents

(AFC North) Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals Conference opponents

(based on 2011 division placement) Houston Texans New England Patriots Interconference opponents

(NFC South) New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

You can draft a lot of players, but that doesn't mean that a) they'll pan out b) they'll have an immediate c) be signed at all

With all the resignings the Broncs must do, they'll have around 17-20M in cap space, then with Manning they'll be low on money. Those are simple calculations, and even though I suck at contracts/salary, this one is not tough to figure out. They look great now, but with all the resignings and draft pick signings they must do, plus signing Manning. They will not have much room for FAs. It's not that attractive the Broncos, plus with all the Tebow crap, it may not be worth it.

Ok, it's more than 20M, it's around 26M. Levi Brown takes up 16M dollars in cap space and Kolb frees up 7M. (http://blog.azcardin...ring-cap-space/)

They have enough money to get Manning, and have money to sign their draft picks and get a T. They have enough money for Manning, or they'll make room. It all depends on if he wants to go there.

Manning doesn't care about the cap space, the team does. If he likes Arizona over Denver, he's going to Arizona. When thinking about it, if both teams have enough room to sign him, the cap space is irrelevant. The team will find a way to sign him and maybe get some players to help him. BTW, the Broncos have tons of free agents, more than the Cards. The Broncs have 22 and the Cards have 15. A lot of the free agents on the Cards will be released like Chester Taylor and some older guys. The Broncs need to resign 5 starters and the Cards need to resign 3 starters. The FAs favor the Cards.

I haven't asked every Cards player... but there are players that have said that they wanted him to come to Arizona. Dockett, Larry Fitz, Adrian WIlson. Haven't heard anything from Denver. All the teams want Manning, but the Cards have showed that they really want him more. Either way, that's not a big deal, so let's not further discuss that point.

The weather is very important. If I'm a QB, I want to go to the hot place. Arizona plays in 11 dome games, and the Dolphins. If they play the Bills/Jets/Pats in September/October/early November, that will be a hot game too. The schedules of the Cards and the Broncs have are easy and hard. The Broncs are the toughest in the league (arguably) and the Cards have an easy one. Look for youself:

CARDINALS

HomeAwayDivisional opponents

(NFC West)St. Louis Rams

San Francisco 49ers

Seattle Seahawks

Conference opponents

(NFC North)Chicago Bears

Detroit LionsGreen Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

Conference opponents

(based on 2011 division placement)Philadelphia EaglesAtlanta Falcons

Interconference opponents

(AFC East)Buffalo Bills

Miami DolphinsNew England Patriots

New York Jets

Denver Broncos

Home Away Divisional opponents

(AFC West) Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

San Diego Chargers Conference opponents

(AFC North) Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals Conference opponents

(based on 2011 division placement) Houston Texans New England Patriots Interconference opponents

(NFC South) New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

You can draft a lot of players, but that doesn't mean that a) they'll pan out b) they'll have an immediate c) be signed at all

With all the resignings the Broncs must do, they'll have around 17-20M in cap space, then with Manning they'll be low on money. Those are simple calculations, and even though I suck at contracts/salary, this one is not tough to figure out. They look great now, but with all the resignings and draft pick signings they must do, plus signing Manning. They will not have much room for FAs. It's not that attractive the Broncos, plus with all the Tebow crap, it may not be worth it.

i wouldve thought that you would understand the idea of "dead cap" hits, especially after the Colts situation this year.... with that said, the cardinals are in the same boat....the money freed up by cutting levi brown and kevin kolb wont be as much as their full cap #s...and then they have the problem of needing a new LT after they cut brown

i wouldve thought that you would understand the idea of "dead cap" hits, especially after the Colts situation this year.... with that said, the cardinals are in the same boat....the money freed up by cutting levi brown and kevin kolb wont be as much as their full cap #s...and then they have the problem of needing a new LT after they cut brown

Ok and then they have the draft with quality left tackles going into the 2nd round. I could do this all day...

Ok and then they have the draft with quality left tackles going into the 2nd round. I could do this all day...

just because you could "do this all day", doesnt make it the right choice! fact is, the path to the Super Bowl is a LOT easier in the AFC, and Denver already has a better team than Arizona, and a LOT more money to spend. The NFC is a lot harder to get through...and the division that Arizona plays in, has the 49ers, who finished with the second best record in the NFL last year...the AFC West has Oakland and KC...and the highly inconsistant and under achieving Chargers, who look to be losing their best WR, also.

I just don't get why he wouldn't give the Chiefs a chance.

They have an extremely solid roster, top to bottom. He would be the icing on the cake.

Rex Grossman could win 13 games with that team...plus the cap space, they could sign anyone they want.

Then they should try to get Rex, I hear the Redskins are drafting a new quarterback.....

just because you could "do this all day", doesnt make it the right choice! fact is, the path to the Super Bowl is a LOT easier in the AFC, and Denver already has a better team than Arizona, and a LOT more money to spend. The NFC is a lot harder to get through...and the division that Arizona plays in, has the 49ers, who finished with the second best record in the NFL last year...the AFC West has Oakland and KC...and the highly inconsistant and under achieving Chargers, who look to be losing their best WR, also.

Ok, although the AFC is an easier path, you have still have the elite teams waiting at the top. It's still tough for both conferences, so if you go to the AFC, it doesn't mean it's more guarranteed. It depends on a lot of things, more than just the strength of the conference. It's tough wherever you go. The AFC West is actually easier than the NFC West. The record of the NFC West is 30-34, and the record of the AFC West is 31-33. So it's not much, but it makes you wrong. If you go by division strength, that one goes to the NFC West.

Like I said before about the money. THe Denver Broncos have many more free agents and have more draft picks. The Cardinald will dump Brown and Kolb if Manning comes to town which means they'll have about the same amount of cap space as the Broncos after all their signings. Now after all the Cardinals signings, they'll have just enough to sign Peyton, and the Broncos would probably have around 5-7M dollars more than the Cardinals. Is it that big of a deal? Not really. The Cards will fix their line and no receiver in FA, in the draft, or in this league is better than Larry Fitzgerald. Plus they have good young kids in Roberts and Doucet, plus Heap at TE. The Broncos D is better in the run defense department, but with the Broncos secondary being very very old, it looks like the Cards could and probably will have the better secondary next year. The Colts went to the playoffs with the worst run D in 2006; they had the 2nd best pass D. Although they fixed it in the playoffs, it shows you could get away, even with the worst run D in NFL history. The Cards are a better option for Peyton, plus look at Larry Fitz today, didn't see that from any of the Broncs players, just saying.