BProland85

Any updates on OL coach?

We still have a big vacancy at OL coach. Have there been any updates there lately? 

OL coach is huge in my opinion. Look what Scarnechia is doing with lesser players in NE. And Glow and Braden still need coaching up. 

I'm surprised it's taking so long.  Maybe the guy they had in mind turned them down.  Or maybe he has a position on one of the SB teams.  

20 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I haven't heard anything on that since they fired they other guy which I still believe is a head scratcher.

I don't really think it's too much of a head scratcher after looking into it.  Guges was in place prior to Reich being here and Reich wants his own guy in place at that position.  I also think Reich has a much different teaching/mentorship philosophy than Guges and that helped his decision to let him go.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/16/indianapolis-colts-frank-reich-dave-deguglielmo-fired/

“And then, of course, after the season, you know, just decided to part ways with Guge. And that was really hard, because I so much respect Guge as a person and as a coach,” Reich said. “It was really odd dynamics the way that he and I got connected, and it’s no reflection on him or anything; it’s just when I had envisioned getting this position, you know, there’s certain things that you just are looking for, in ways that you just want to have ‘my guy,’ for lack of a better way to say.

Maybe the new guys is still involved in the super bowl with his team. Surprise no one has be announced yet. been very hush, hush.

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Intrested to see how this guy from Denver works cause that line sucked.

No it didn't.