Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

10 year old won science fair with project about Brady being cheater

chad72

32 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

:facepalm:

OK I'll be more direct then. 

If a rival team to the Patriots was accused of cheating, but continued to win games (and actually won games at an even higher rate after said accusations), I would not be inclined to continue to cry "cheaters" at every opportunity. 

I'm not a coach, I'm not an NFL player, I haven't played the game since high school and I've only coached my son's Pop Warner team. I'm not claiming to know or understand the game better than anyone else in particular. But I do not believe that it would be possible to "cheat your way" to nine Super Bowl appearances in 18 years. If that's even feasible, then the game is seriously flawed and I don't know why any of us would waste our time watching it. Might as well watch pro wrestling if that's the case. 

I understand that many will feel differently and I fully accept it. I'm not looking for validation from anyone. Just trying to find out if cooler heads are prevailing or if most people are still somewhat irrational when the topic comes up. 

This is a good board -- I like the fact that people are required to be respectful of one another and that the rules are a little tighter than other boards. The keyboard is the weapon of the passive-aggressive individual. That's somewhat marginalized here with how things are set up. That's why I've always come back sooner or later. 

23 minutes ago, GoPats said:

If a rival team to the Patriots was accused of cheating, but continued to win games (and actually won games at an even higher rate after said accusations), I would not be inclined to continue to cry "cheaters" at every opportunity. 

But I do not believe that it would be possible to "cheat your way" to nine Super Bowl appearances in 18 years. If that's even feasible, then the game is seriously flawed and I don't know why any of us would waste our time watching it. 

This is a good board -- I like the fact that people are required to be respectful of one another and that the rules are a little tighter than other boards. The keyboard is the weapon of the passive-aggressive individual. That's somewhat marginalized here with how things are set up. That's why I've always come back sooner or later. 

Going to attempt to address this one paragraph at a time.

1.  Not only accused, but proven a few times.  Correct?   Thus the hefty fines, loss of draft picks, and suspensions.  Correct?

2.  Of course it's possible.  Anything is possible.  And to the 2nd part of that paragraph, many do think it's seriously flawed, thus the reason of lost interest in the game.

3.  Yes, this is a good board.  This is a GREAT board. Not having ever visited rival boards I can't say how visitors are treated but have heard some other teams message boards are less than friendly to visitors or fans of opposing teams (to put it nicely). :dunno:  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GoPats said:

OK I'll be more direct then. 

I'm not a coach, I'm not an NFL player, I haven't played the game since high school and I've only coached my son's Pop Warner team. I'm not claiming to know or understand the game better than anyone else in particular. But I do not believe that it would be possible to "cheat your way" to nine Super Bowl appearances in 18 years. If that's even feasible, then the game is seriously flawed and I don't know why any of us would waste our time watching it. Might as well watch pro wrestling if that's the case. 

I understand that many will feel differently and I fully accept it. I'm not looking for validation from anyone. Just trying to find out if cooler heads are prevailing or if most people are still somewhat irrational when the topic comes up. 

Cooler heads are prevailing?

Why? Because they don't think like you do? They don't share your point of view?

It is simple. A lot of Colt fans dislike the Patriots and their fans. No more, no less.

Now if you want to talk about football that is cool. But talking about how great the Patriots are and include it in every thread you visit, that is something else.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It is simple. A lot of Colt fans dislike the Patriots and their fans. No more, no less.

Now if you want to talk about football that is cool. But talking about how great the Patriots are and include it in every thread you visit, that is something else.

I can't even imagine visiting a Pats board and trying to convince members how great Peyton was.  Can you imagine? haha

:edit:. And I mean no disrespect to @GoPats.  He and I have had a great friendship on here, and chatted about many things.  I think even he would agree that Trying to convince members on the Planet how great Peyton was would go over like a lead fart. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I can't even imagine visiting a Pats board and trying to convince members how great Peyton was.  Can you imagine? haha

:edit:. And I mean no disrespect to @GoPats.  He and I have had a great friendship on here, and chatted about many things.  I think even he would agree that Trying to convince members on the Planet how great Peyton was would go over like a lead fart. 

For one thing if you don't have the right zip code a couple of Patriot forums will not even let you in their forum.

16 hours ago, Gramz said:

This goes for all of us!

FB_IMG_1548896568306.jpg

I hope this isn't directed at me, lol... I've never demanded anything. 

18 hours ago, Gramz said:

Going to attempt to address this one paragraph at a time.

1.  Not only accused, but proven a few times.  Correct?   Thus the hefty fines, loss of draft picks, and suspensions.  Correct?

2.  Of course it's possible.  Anything is possible.  And to the 2nd part of that paragraph, many do think it's seriously flawed, thus the reason of lost interest in the game.

3.  Yes, this is a good board.  This is a GREAT board. Not having ever visited rival boards I can't say how visitors are treated but have heard some other teams message boards are less than friendly to visitors or fans of opposing teams (to put it nicely). :dunno:  

1. I'm not going to get into it because it's a dead horse. Suffice to say, everything with the Patriots is ridiculously overblown because of the collective dislike toward them. 

2. No way. I completely disagree with you here and I respect you but I think your emotions are clouding your judgment. 

3. It used to be better. 

18 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeaaahhhhh... ok. I think it's time to give us all a break then. 

Enjoy the Super Bowl if you end up watching it. 

All I can say is Goodell destroyed the tapes early on because he was a fledgling commissioner, during Spygate (veteran D, no need to tape offensive signals but a QB in years 1-4 playing like a vet, maybe, just maybe, defensive signals were taped and used to win so many close playoff games during the first 3 SB span, but we will never know the depth, thanks to Goodell). Then Brady destroyed his phone during Deflategate (don't give me the privacy argument, blah, blah, blah, we will never know if he texted those equipment/ball guys). In both cases, the franchise was punished. 

If the tapes were available and Brady's phone was available, we'd have 100% transparency to whether there was merit to the accusations. Now, all we have is speculations.

To me, there is way too much smoke for no fire behind it to exist. Occam's Razor leads me to simpler explanations. :) 

I seriously cannot believe we are STILL arguing whether or not the patriots cheated on multiple occasions.

It's been proven. We'll never know how much it helped them and that's part of what's so infuriating about cheating. Pats fans think it didn't help them at all (riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight), and Pats haters think they wouldn't have gone to a single Super Bowl had it not been for cheating. The truth is likely somewhere between those two but we will never know how much it really helped. It's why their success absolutely is tainted.

The amazing thing in this whole topic to me is why the Pats even feel the need to try to "bend the rules" (for those that don't feel they have ever cheated) when they are good enough to win on their own merit?  That one has always puzzled me.

Do I feel they ever cheated?  Yes.  Do I feel they ever needed to in order to attain their goals?  Absolutely not.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, csmopar said:

Do you feel stronger now? I mean putting down a 10 yr old kid? Takes a big man to do that huh?  Or

Then again, we know that most patriot fans can't even spell science let along win a science fair...  :catfight:

You are right because they are too busy attending playoff games and Super Bowls.