Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 draft mock 1.5

I'm working under the impression Wilkins, Sweat, and Tillery are gone. Rams trade up with us. Giving us their 1st and 4th and next years 2nd.

1. Amani Oruwariye CB Penn State

Ball attacking CB with perfect Ballard size for CBs. 3 Ints and 12 PDs. This pick is also to replace Desir since I don't think we'll resign him

2. Kelvin Harmon WR N.C State

Tall WR with really nice size and speed that can make plays after the catch.

2. Parris Campbell WR Ohio State

Overall weapon that can be moved all over the field with lighting fast speed.

3. Terry Beckner Jr. DT Missouri

Good interior pass rusher with very good size at 6 3 290 with 10.5 sacks the last two years. He does have injury and conditioning issues though.

4. Charles Omenihu DE, Texas

Long physical pass rusher with 13.5 sacks the last two seasons and 18 tackles for losses

4. Ryan Pulley CB Arkansas

Plays the ball well and has good size. Underrated coverage corner that can be physical.

4. P.J Johnson DT Arizona

Big run stuffing DT that can create pressure inside.

5. Mark McLaurin S Mississippi State

Rangy safety that can play coverage and has the size to play closer to the line as well. Needs to work on his tackling and covering in space.

6. Zack Bailey G/T South Carolina

Versatile lineman that can play inside and out with very good size and run blocking ability

7. Bryan London ll OLB Texas State

Tackling machine, but needs to add 20 pounds to his frame.

• Like 1

I think it's a reach to go WR with our first in the 2nd, unless there's a huge run or something. Then again, I'm a huge proponent of suring up the D-line early. 

Omenihu is rising fast, would be awesome to see him fall that far, but at this rate I could see him coming off the board in the 2nd or early 3rd at the latest. 

I'm all for giving Luck more weapons, just think Ballard is gonna stay true to his philosophies and hit D-line like he did O-line last year. Plus, I don't feel like there's much difference in skill between the first 7-8 WR's in this draft. This team would be worlds better with more disruption from the defensive line. In a perfect world we'd land studs at DT and Edge, then still be able to pluck difference makers at WR with more economical draft selections. 

2 hours ago, NextGenerationLuck said:

I like it, except for Harmon. I don't know what it is about him but I just don't like the way he catches the ball, uses his body too much. I'd rather have someone like Harry, Butler, or brown. 

You get that a lot with tall WRs, but you can teach that.

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Really? They have Cooks and Woods. Kupp is a slot guy, but he opens things up for those guys outside. I don’t think the Rams need another WR inside or outside. 

Metcalf would be an upgrade from Woods and Kupp has been hurt for most of the year.

Metcalf is the best WR in this draft, I'm praying that teams pass on him because of injury concerns, just like they did Jaylon Smith. Smith was the steal of that draft, and easily should've been a Top 10 pick, and Metcalf is in the same boat. He has Julio Jones written all over him, and will likely slip to us with our 1st pick in the 2nd. 

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm working under the impression Wilkins, Sweat, and Tillery are gone. Rams trade up with us. Giving us their 1st and 4th and next years 2nd.

1. Amani Oruwariye CB Penn State

Ball attacking CB with perfect Ballard size for CBs. 3 Ints and 12 PDs. This pick is also to replace Desir since I don't think we'll resign him

2. Kelvin Harmon WR N.C State

Tall WR with really nice size and speed that can make plays after the catch.

2. Parris Campbell WR Ohio State

Overall weapon that can be moved all over the field with lighting fast speed.

3. Terry Beckner Jr. DT Missouri

Good interior pass rusher with very good size at 6 3 290 with 10.5 sacks the last two years. He does have injury and conditioning issues though.

4. Charles Omenihu DE, Texas

Long physical pass rusher with 13.5 sacks the last two seasons and 18 tackles for losses

4. Ryan Pulley CB Arkansas

Plays the ball well and has good size. Underrated coverage corner that can be physical.

4. P.J Johnson DT Arizona

Big run stuffing DT that can create pressure inside.

5. Mark McLaurin S Mississippi State

Rangy safety that can play coverage and has the size to play closer to the line as well. Needs to work on his tackling and covering in space.

6. Zack Bailey G/T South Carolina

Versatile lineman that can play inside and out with very good size and run blocking ability

7. Bryan London ll OLB Texas State

Tackling machine, but needs to add 20 pounds to his frame.

Why won't we be resigning Desir?

33 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Just assuming we lose him in a bidding war

Last year Ballard resigned Desir for a very modest 1 year contract. I think only $2.5 mil? Could be wrong. But thats very low for a CB. He played at the very least decent if not well. I don't think he will command huge numbers.  But even if he's a bit more costly than the colts prefer I think they should bring him back.

Imo, it's Counter productive to spend a #1 draft choice to replace a player that should be reigned when we have so much cap space to spend. I'd rather use our Top Resources on positions of Need, like WR, Edge, LB...etc...

I hope your wrong about us not resigning him. I like that you addressed our weakness at WR with 2 high picks. 

• Like 1

Probably not the place for it, but I just wanna remind folks who want DL early.....Jihad Ward should be back from injury, and he's the classic "late bloomer" didnt play football till last few yrs of HS, transferred into a low-mid P-5 program, and was taken high 44 overall, largely on potential.....  Dude was playing well before he hit IR, and I think he is a legit threat to breakout at UT for us if he has a healthy offseason and can build on it.... our DL coach also coached him on DL at ILL......so he would seem to get a fair shot....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Probably not the place for it, but I just wanna remind folks who want DL early.....Jihad Ward should be back from injury, and he's the classic "late bloomer" didnt play football till last few yrs of HS, transferred into a low-mid P-5 program, and was taken high 44 overall, largely on potential.....  Dude was playing well before he hit IR, and I think he is a legit threat to breakout at UT for us if he has a healthy offseason and can build on it.... our DL coach also coached him on DL at ILL......so he would seem to get a fair shot....

I really hope Ballard gives him a chance.  I liked what I saw from him early.

• Like 1

Its tough doing a mock without trades

With trades the variables overwhelm the info

I think you may be hitting the DL too late with this scenario

(They will be gone when we draft) 

We would be stuck with no pass rush for 2 years

I truly hope that we dont go offense early.........

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Its tough doing a mock without trades

With trades the variables overwhelm the info

I think you may be hitting the DL too late with this scenario

(They will be gone when we draft) 

We would be stuck with no pass rush for 2 years

I truly hope that we dont go offense early.........

We still have Turay and Lewis to groom. Also Ward and Muhammad were good as well. I would love to go DT in the first round, but that is gonna be tough if we stay at 26 so the alternative is to get a game changing CB to take half the field away and get Luck more weapons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Last year Ballard resigned Desir for a very modest 1 year contract. I think only $2.5 mil? Could be wrong. But thats very low for a CB. He played at the very least decent if not well. I don't think he will command huge numbers.  But even if he's a bit more costly than the colts prefer I think they should bring him back.

Imo, it's Counter productive to spend a #1 draft choice to replace a player that should be reigned when we have so much cap space to spend. I'd rather use our Top Resources on positions of Need, like WR, Edge, LB...etc...

I hope your wrong about us not resigning him. I like that you addressed our weakness at WR with 2 high picks. 

Im not saying we won't try to resign Desir, but we lost Melvin and Moncrief last year because Ballard didn't like their price tag. It happens. Players value themselves a certain way and GM value them a certain way and when there is no middle ground, you test the market.