Sign in to follow this  
CR91

CR Mock Draft 1.0

1. Montez Sweat DE Miss State

Can definitely be gone by 26, but I really like his burst off the line and his hand fighting. 11.5 sacks and 14 tackles for loss. 

2. Kelvin Harmon WR N.C State

Tall WR with really nice size and speed that can make plays after the catch.

2. Parris Campbell WR Ohio State

Overall weapon that can be moved all over the field with lighting fast speed.

3. Ed Alexander DT LSU

Very good run stuffer with very good size. Nice replacement for Al woods. Not much of a pass rusher though. 

4. Rashard Lawrence DT LSU

Much better pass rusher then Alexander and can shoot the gap and create pressure.

4. Ryan Pulley CB Arkansas

Plays the ball well and has good size. Underrated coverage corner that can be physical.

5. Siren Neal S Jacksonville State

Versatile DB that can be moved between CB and S and play the run. 

6. Zack Bailey G/T South Carolina

Versatile lineman that can play inside and out with very good size and run blocking ability

7. Bryan London ll OLB Texas State

Tackling machine, but needs to add 20 pounds to his frame.

Didn't Siran Neal get drafted last year? I personally wouldn't draft run stuffers in the first 3 rounds. You can get all-pro level run stuffer DTs for 4th-5th round picks(Snacks Harrison). I like the first 3 picks though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Didn't Siran Neal get drafted last year? I personally wouldn't draft run stuffers in the first 3 rounds. You can get all-pro level run stuffer DTs for 4th-5th round picks(Snacks Harrison). I like the first 3 picks though. 

You're right. My bad

52 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Rashard Lawrence is going back to school.

I need to revise this list ugh. 

• Haha 1

Sign me up for those first two rounds all day long. However, I think Sweat is a pipedream at 26 if he tests even remotely well.

20 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Sign me up for those first two rounds all day long. However, I think Sweat is a pipedream at 26 if he tests even remotely well.

Most likely. He's one of about 3 guys I'd be okay trading up to get (Jeffrey Simmons, Jachai Polite).

No Sweat

(cuz he'll be gone) 

Unless we can package Brissett into a trade up scenario (instead of picks) 

22 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

No Sweat

(cuz he'll be gone) 

Unless we can package Brissett into a trade up scenario (instead of picks) 

So, who then? If they don't trade up, do you go for a lesser pass rusher like Burns or Ximenes or do you move into other position groups and seek elite talent? Deionte Thompson could probably be had at S, Oruwariye/Baker at CB, probably just about any WR, maybe a LB or OL?

A WR double dip, huh? I like it. Ballard has shown a propensity to do double dip.

I really really like the WR talent in this draft. Deebo Samuel is the guy I want. above all else Dude is a bigger, stronger Christian Kirk. Looks like if Anquan Boldin had the athelticism of a RB. 

I also like the big WRs...like AJ Brown and Metcalf. But I think the Colts can sit back and get Samuel on Day Two. 

Between having two 2nd round picks AND Brissett...I wonder if Ballard seriously considers moving up at some point before or during the 1st round. Bosa won't be an option...but guys like Rashan Gary, Josh Allen and Ed Oliver could. So could Clelin Ferrell. If they could somehow get one of those guys AND still have that high 2nd round pick...that would be amazing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Between having two 2nd round picks AND Brissett...I wonder if Ballard seriously considers moving up at some point before or during the 1st round. Bosa won't be an option...but guys like Rashan Gary, Josh Allen and Ed Oliver could. So could Clelin Ferrell. If they could somehow get one of those guys AND still have that high 2nd round pick...that would be amazing. 

It all depends on if he sees enough in Brian Burns, Ximenes, Jaylon Ferguson and the "2nd tier" guys to hold strong at 26. If he thinks they are close enough, in terms of what they'll be in the NFL, then he probably holds pat. Could go another direction altogether. What shakes out in free agency will play a major part in their draft board, wish it started sooner. 

42 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

So, who then? If they don't trade up, do you go for a lesser pass rusher like Burns or Ximenes or do you move into other position groups and seek elite talent? Deionte Thompson could probably be had at S, Oruwariye/Baker at CB, probably just about any WR, maybe a LB or OL?

I think you're then looking at an Edge guy like Jaylon Ferguson, I don't think Burns fits the scheme and I'm not high on Ximines. Wilkins or Dre'Mont Jones may make sense or you start looking at WR. Personally Johnathan Abram the S from Miss. State is a guy I really like and would want with one of the first 2 picks. I think he fits the scheme perfectly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I think you're then looking at an Edge guy like Jaylon Ferguson, I don't think Burns fits the scheme and I'm not high on Ximines. Wilkins or Dre'Mont Jones may make sense or you start looking at WR. Personally Johnathan Abram the S from Miss. State is a guy I really like and would want with one of the first 2 picks. I think he fits the scheme perfectly.

Abram specializes in covering TEs something we severely need 

I'm hoping we can snag him with our 1st 2nd

Sorry guys. I'll create a revised mock later.

As for the Brissett being packaged for a trade up scenario, I don't see that. Instead, I see the Colts getting an additional  2nd round pick for a QB who has strong potential and is a better bet than a 2nd round choice in a QB weak draft. 

12 minutes ago, Hoose said:

As for the Brissett being packaged for a trade up scenario, I don't see that. Instead, I see the Colts getting an additional  2nd round pick for a QB who has strong potential and is a better bet than a 2nd round choice in a QB weak draft. 

I'd take that but doubt that's possible 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'd take that but doubt that's possible 

Look at what is available at QB in the draft. Nothing like last year. Brissett is young and has proven he can play AND start; none of the college QBs in this draft are remotely ready to step in and play. A 2nd round pick for a solid young QB for a team that is QB needy? I can most definitely see it. 

Just now, Hoose said:

Look at what is available at QB in the draft. Nothing like last year. Brissett is young and has proven he can play AND start; none of the college QBs in this draft are remotely ready to step in and play. A 2nd round pick for a solid young QB for a team that is QB needy? I can most definitely see it. 

But like 3 good QBs are hitting FA so that will hurt our market for JB

2 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Ferrell, Allen, and Oliver are all projected 10 top picks...

1 minute ago, tvturner said:

Ferrell, Allen, and Oliver are all projected 10 top picks...

Yep...it would certainly have to break the Colts way. But if one of them slipped to the teens...would Ballard consider moving up 10 or so spots to get a potentially elite talent? We have seen him move up in other rounds...so I am curious to see how he would play that.

15 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

That's the million dollar question, and why Ballard is in the GM seat and not us. 

Like I said, I'd be in on trading up if they can include Brissett instead of picks.