Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marlon Mack Highlights

Caleb3502

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttrjKOrNHtA

Season Stats

NFL Rank in Bold 

12 Games Played (10 Started): 908 Rushing yards (16th), 9 Rush TDs (T-7th), 4.7 Yards/Carry (21st), 50 First Downs (12th), 103 Receiving Yards (62nd among RBs), 1 Rec TD (T-24th among RBs) 

Also had 194 (2nd) rushing yards in the postseason with 1 TD (T-9th)

Had he played in all 16 games, given per game average, he would have had near 1200 rushing yards and 12 Rush TDs.  Marlon had a really strong season and is only going to get better as long as he stays healthy and continues to grow under Reich and company.  Excited for what Mack, Hines, and Wilkins can do for years to come.  

• Like 2

I hope we can get Hines involved more next year so we have a one two punch. Watching back the SB year I almost forgot we had Addaii and Rhodes who played lights out as a tandem. Hopefully we can get that from Hines and Mack together. If he plays all 16 games next season I think he will be top five unless him and Hines split a ton of carries.

Mack is really going to be something special. I think Hines and Wilkins compliment each other nicely, Wilkins just needs to quit putting the ball on the ground. 

I still think we beat KC if we utilized our backs correctly, i.e. screens, tosses, swing passes. The pass rush was negating the WRs but NE showed exactly how to deal with that. Mack would've torched that defense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I hope we can get Hines involved more next year so we have a one two punch. Watching back the SB year I almost forgot we had Addaii and Rhodes who played lights out as a tandem. Hopefully we can get that from Hines and Mack together. If he plays all 16 games next season I think he will be top five unless him and Hines split a ton of carries.

I'd also love a one-two punch in the backfield. But I'm hoping it's someone Better than Wilkins. I would love another RB as good OR better than Mack. Preferbly a slasher or Big Bruiser type that excels inside for the tough yards.

I'd like some major resources put into WR's and another RB.

If we can get opposing defenses to fear our RB's then they would STACK THE BOX and help open our passing game. :thinking:

Mack has really turned into a well rounded back. His pass protection is light years better than it used to be as well. He's patient when he runs which is great, but needs to just go fwd when he gets the ball. Sometimes he gets those Manning happy feet and dances too much and gets taken down because of it.

I personally would like to see more Wilkins. Maybe he can sleep clutching a football like TY did his rookie year. He has great vision and burst. 

Hines has excellent hands. I love it when he's lined up as WR. He's getting better between the tackles as well. 

I really hope the Colts will start throwing some more to RB's out of the backfield.

I think they missed a massive opportunity in the KC game by not doing this. Not that I condone Ray Rice, but he made a career off that, and the Ravens used to destroy teams with it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Mack has really turned into a well rounded back. His pass protection is light years better than it used to be as well. He's patient when he runs which is great, but needs to just go fwd when he gets the ball. Sometimes he gets those Manning happy feet and dances too much and gets taken down because of it.

I personally would like to see more Wilkins. Maybe he can sleep clutching a football like TY did his rookie year. He has great vision and burst. 

Hines has excellent hands. I love it when he's lined up as WR. He's getting better between the tackles as well. 

I really hope the Colts will start throwing some more to RB's out of the backfield.

I think they missed a massive opportunity in the KC game by not doing this. Not that I condone Ray Rice, but he made a career off that, and the Ravens used to destroy teams with it. 

I think he learned that from Gore.

• Like 1